Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2017 Honda Accord Sport with 14,700 miles. Last night my check engine light came on and the D light blinks. I’ve also noticed the car idles roughly and shifts from park to drive very hard. And when that happens, driving the car is not an option as the car doesn’t really move. But there are times where I can turn off the car and turn it back on, and the D light stops blinking (CEL is still on) and the car drives normally.

Has this happened to anyone? For a car with only ~15k miles, I’m surprised by this happening.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Since the car is still under warranty take it into the dealer asap. Welcome to DA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I’m taking it in to the dealer the first thing tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know how reliable the Honda CVT are?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Blinking D light is a transmission problem. Tow it in if you have to. Honda should be footing this bill

·
2020 best year
4,205 Posts
Thanks. I’m taking it in to the dealer the first thing tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know how reliable the Honda CVT are?
Generally not bad, though you might be unlucky and have a lemon.

Honda should take care of this for you.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blinking D light is a transmission problem. Tow it in if you have to. Honda should be footing this bill
I found a dealership that was open today, and was able to tow it in. Service advisor said they will call tomorrow, and let me know what's wrong. He said most likely it's a sensor or pressure switch..I had a similar issue before with a 3rd gen TL, but that had ~60k miles on it before it was time to change the pressure switches.

Hopefully I don't need a new transmission.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
The CVT has not had very many failure issues, my guess is the CEL is related to the engine. Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The CVT has not had very many failure issues, my guess is the CEL is related to the engine. Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I got my car back from the dealer on Tuesday. They changed the transmission fluid pressure switch. (Code P0996). The car drives normally now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts