Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does this look normal? '17 Sport, slight gap between the headlight and bumper. Car WAS involved in an accident in that fender area a few months ago. Fender and headlight were replaced (both OEM) and bumper was remounted. Not sure if it was always like that or if it's post-accident. Just noticed recently because I was really closely inspecting it. Otherwise can't tell.

·
CVT
1,004 Posts
Be careful with blanket statements like this. I have a 2017 3.5 and although not all of my body gaps are perfect, where the bumper meets the fender they are. They look nothing like the OP's. My folks Accord Touring, also, are perfect in that area.
Facts are facts....and many people will attest to the fitment issues on the 9th gen. Consider yourself lucky....the truth still needs to be stated.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Although Honda's quality is down and gone, I'd say OP's front bumper might have been reinstalled for any reason and some tabs broken or gone loose - that's a common case for (any) dealers to neglect such things. It's often enough for them if a part or a panel just holds in place. Proper assembly is time and labour consuming. I don't know your local standards, but my experience shows mechanics (should I call them so?) often learn their job at work and we serve as guinea pigs for them... Still, I wouldn't be that paranoid about it as it might as well have come like that from the factory.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Some cars are assembled on a Wednesday morning; some are on Friday afternoon, just before beer o'clock. If the car drives safe, gets good mileage, quiet ride, that's about all you can expect from a commuter/grocery getter that is engineered for mass production and competitive pricing.

Nevertheless, feel free to get a paint meter for 20 bucks to put your mind at ease. Re: VIN numbers on panels: I have been using etching kits on my cars with good results. It is a simple DIY thing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts