Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm not that good at writing reviews but I'll try to make this review as objective and informative as I can.

After doing some Google research and reading a lot in coilovers and in particular the ones are made for our Honda Acoords (BC Racing, Tein, D2 and the most expensive RS*Rs) I had to decide based on the following criteria:

1- Quality Vs Price (Price should meet the highest quality possible)
2- Noise (I'm not a racer so it's important to be kept to its minimal)
3- Height Adjustment ( the closest to OEM)
4- Reviews ( Less ones with bad reviews and complaints, unfortunately there was none for RS*R 2018 Accord but I relied on RS*Rs reviews in general)

Based on the above criteria for me RS*Rs were the winners.

Last week, I received my set in a good box ( I'd assume 2 grand coilovers could be better in terms of boxing and packaging than this state)

In the picture below, you'll see part of the front coilover is exposed due to the poor handling when it was shipped (I reckon DHL was to blame here not RS*R because it was obviously labelled as fragile).

They come with installation manual. Even though it's not that detailed, but it's easy to follow and it has the necessary torque specs and height adjustment measures.

Out of the box, the front coilover compared to the OEM and as you can see, it's already adjusted to a certain height which it was translated into almost 24' height ( OEM was 24.8' from the wheel base)

Installation part wasn't that hard but I took more time than it should be (First time for me to install coilovers) so I took all the time to do the measures and height adjustments ( Rear ones need to be adjusted)

After few adjustments, I came to the optimal height I was looking for

Now let's get into the fun part, riding quality changed dramatically, it should take few dampening adjustments to get to the ultimate satisfaction (which is the easiest part, no need to remove anything to adjust rear dampening :) )

From full hard to full soft it's day and night ( for me the middle is just perfect)

Full hard would make ride is a bit bouncy but not too much.

Full soft is swingier and it feels like you have blown up shocks.

Middle; more balance of sporty and comfortable ride, but defo is harder than OEM

Conclusion: you feel the road without compromising the ride quality. The question everyone would be after is, Do they justify the price? Are they good enough and worth every penny?

I wouldn't be the right person to answer these questions because as I mentioned above, they are my first set of coilovers.

My conclusion is that I'm chuffed with these coilovers but I wouldn't spend 2 grand on my current setup.

Next..... I may dress the Accord with some 19' BBS rotary forged rims in the upcoming summer.

Thanks for reading, and hope this short review answers your questions.

UPDATE: 1 May 2020

After driving for some 2000 miles, I'd report that, the drive is more enjoyable and sportier. Tried all different dampening levels and I still reckon mid is the right balance. One issue though ''I don't know maybe it's a normal character of coilovers over OEM" the coilover’s travel or AKA droop is quite shorter compared to OEM, which means hitting road dips is more noticeable and in some cases is just harsher and inconvenient.

Regarding coilovers noises like clunks and clicks, I'd say that I haven't noticed any issues so far. Of course, locking nuts need to be rechecked and retightened after driving for sometime.

Next week, I'll be installing the BBS rims and I'll post some pictures soon.

Stay safe everyone!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice review, but just to sum it up, you spent the 2k...however you wouldn't do it again is what you're saying? All in all it sounds like your getting what you paid for, which is good. You have easy adjustability without having to take anything off... Hard, soft, in the middle, up and down. Also like you said if you ever had a set of bad coilovers i'm sure your praises would be different. Your car looks sweet stance wise, looking forward to seeing it on a set of BBS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
swearing
let us know how it works down the road. I just put Eibach Lowering springs and the ride is stiff lol. you feel every crack in the road. I kind of miss riding the winter factory 17s it came with just for the comfort. ugly factory wheels but this winters ride was atleast some what comfortable IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice review, but just to sum it up, you spent the 2k...however you wouldn't do it again is what you're saying? All in all it sounds like your getting what you paid for, which is good. You have easy adjustability without having to take anything off... Hard, soft, in the middle, up and down. Also like you said if you ever had a set of bad coilovers i'm sure your praises would be different. Your car looks sweet stance wise, looking forward to seeing it on a set of BBS.
Thanks mate. When I mentioned that I wouldn't spend 2k on the current setup, I meant that my current setup is considered as moderate which other coilovers could handle, but those were my initial thoughts. Now after driving the car for a few days and playing with the dampening levels, I'd say that RS*R have just nailed it. Going with RS*Rs would let you focus on how you get the best out of them without worrying that much about lack of quality or coilovers defectiveness

let us know how it works down the road. I just put Eibach Lowering springs and the ride is stiff lol. you feel every crack in the road. I kind of miss riding the winter factory 17s it came with just for the comfort. ugly factory wheels but this winters ride was atleast some what comfortable IMO.
They are just perfect for my liking. With almost full height adjustability and 36 dampening levels front and rear, you cannot be disappointed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: 1 May 2020

After driving for some 2000 miles, I'd report that, the drive is more enjoyable and sportier. Tried all different dampening levels and I still reckon mid is the right balance. One issue though ''I don't know maybe it's a normal character of coilovers over OEM" the coilover’s travel or AKA droop is quite shorter compared to OEM, which means hitting road dips is more noticeable and in some cases is just harsher and inconvenient.

Regarding coilovers noises like clunks and clicks, I'd say that I haven't noticed any issues so far. Of course, locking nuts need to be rechecked and retightened after driving for sometime.

Next week, I'll be installing the BBS rims and I'll post some pictures soon.

Stay safe everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts