Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All!

I've recently purchased a used 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring! Loving it so far - a huge upgrade from my 9th Gen Accord, in my opinion.

I noticed the back of the car seems to take bumps a bit differently. It's almost a hollow, fluttery noise (I'll see if I can record it). I brought it to the dealer and they checked into it "thoroughly" and said they couldn't find anything bent, loose, broken, or otherwise. It's definitely not a "metal on metal" type of noise and it's not really major (maybe I'm just tweaking because the car itself is pretty quiet and I focus on the noise) but just checking if anyone else has had a similar type of issue. I know it could be a whole lot when dealing with the suspension. I did notice it seems to be a bit better when the car is in Sport mode (the Touring adjusts or "tightens" the suspension in Sport mode from what I understand).

There are a few other things I've read on this forum that I experience (HUD dash rattle, fluttery hood, etc.) but I wasn't able to find anything about the Driving Position Setup > Seat Position Movement at Entry/Exit feature. I like this feature, but I'm curious, would this constant seat adjustment wear out the motors/cause any sort of issues years down the line? Just looking for opinions!

Very last thing - I noticed a faint whirring type of noise toward the back end of the car when idle (climate control is off). I suspect this is maybe something with battery cooling or something (it's not the radio fan or anything). I don't think it's related to the ANC amp issues I've read about. Wondering if anyone else has this with their 10th Gen Hybrid.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
I hear that sometimes too but its nothing. There are a lot of hollow areas in the rear of the car, and the hybrid is so quiet it seems to make every rattle louder. I have my rear seats down most the time so i got some sound deadening from Amazon and did the trunk area, tremendous difference. Now if your talking about how loose the rear end gets over bumps, thats another matter having to do with how Honda tuned the suspension. Upgrading the rear sway bar will get rid of that.
I dont have touring but familiar with the feature. Usually its on coupes and a stuff to make getting in and out easier but in any event those motors are pretty stout. You can always find one in a junkyard if need be too.
If you look behind you from driver seat, in the middle bottom of the rear seat you will see a vent. Right behind that/under the rear seats is the battery pack. There is a fan right there that will come on to cool the pack. Its not always on, or if it is its a variable speed because its not always audible, but again the quiet of the car makes things seem louder. If your stereo is on you wont notice it. Cheers enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply! Much appreciated, and good to know I'm just being overcritical and crazy and there aren't any real issues.

Had one more general Q!

I checked my tire pressure yesterday and it was crazy high (~55 psi). I bled some of the air out and now all tires are ~35 psi. I re-calibrated the TPMS, and I got some HondaLink errors stating Tire Pressure Low (One or more of the tires has low air pressure... and Tire Pressure Monitor System (The Tire Pressure Monitoring System has a problem...) however, there are no warning lights on the dash indicating an issue, so not sure what to believe. HondaLink is a great concept, but the app is hot trash.

I read in the manual that TPMS warnings will only occur if a tire is under-inflated, not over-inflated. This is a bit of a bummer, honestly, but it is what it is!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Did you check your tire pressure when they were hot or cold? Also need to reset tire pressure system in your options on stereo every time you adjust. Only check air when tires are cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup! I checked them toward the evening when it was cold and they were crazy high. After bleeding some of the air out, I reset the system and got the HondaLink alerts. Nothing on the dash, no TPMS light or anything. I guess if it doesn't go away I'll bring it up next time I get an oil change - I do have Honda Care.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It doesn't matter the temperature outside if you took a drive in the vehicle right before checking the air pressure the tires were hot they need to have been resting for a couple hours as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts