Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay so after a visit to the dealer the car is fixed....but not really. Once I got there the service advisor hopped in and he drove us around a few miles and he immediately noticed the sensitivity at low speeds which was great, He could not slow the car to a stop smoothly. He wrote me up and put the car in the shop while I waited about an hour. He came out after an hour and said there are no codes and no visible signs that anything is wrong (of-course lol) so he wanted the service manager to drive it with me, apparently he owns a 10th gen- awesome......well we get in and start driving and the car stops as smooth as can be like a completely different car. Now I'm thinking he must think I am crazy, but the service advisor from the first drive backed me up as he experienced the problem. The cynical side of me wants to believe maybe they did something while I waited an hour (bleed the brakes or reset ECU?) but he said they did nothing but diagnostically go over the vehicle.
So nothing was done except document that I came in for the problem.

As I drove home, the car stopped perfect and was smooth and consistent with brake modulation. So I don't know? I guess I should be happy, but will continue to monitor the issue. The dealer was very courteous and was prepared to keep the car and provide a loaner if they found an obvious issue.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
@TreasureCoast

It's not out of the realm of possibility that in doing the diagnostics something got reset on the car and they're not even aware of it.

It's great to hear that you have such a patient and understanding dealer. Think they could infect the rest with that?

My SO finds my 1.5 difficult to brake smoothly - even after a 10 day road trip she was a bit rough.

I got used to it pretty quick.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Reviving this thread as I have been experiencing very touchy/grabby brakes when coming to a stop. Taking it in to Vatland Honda this afternoon in Vero Beach FL. Will report back with what they say and or do to resolve.
-Mine is a 2019 1.5 CVT Sport-

Do you have any update?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay so after a visit to the dealer the car is fixed....but not really. Once I got there the service advisor hopped in and he drove us around a few miles and he immediately noticed the sensitivity at low speeds which was great, He could not slow the car to a stop smoothly. He wrote me up and put the car in the shop while I waited about an hour. He came out after an hour and said there are no codes and no visible signs that anything is wrong (of-course lol) so he wanted the service manager to drive it with me, apparently he owns a 10th gen- awesome......well we get in and start driving and the car stops as smooth as can be like a completely different car. Now I'm thinking he must think I am crazy, but the service advisor from the first drive backed me up as he experienced the problem. The cynical side of me wants to believe maybe they did something while I waited an hour (bleed the brakes or reset ECU?) but he said they did nothing but diagnostically go over the vehicle.
So nothing was done except document that I came in for the problem.

As I drove home, the car stopped perfect and was smooth and consistent with brake modulation. So I don't know? I guess I should be happy, but will continue to monitor the issue. The dealer was very courteous and was prepared to keep the car and provide a loaner if they found an obvious issue.
@332rick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Wow - that is so frustrating and with no clear problem to allow a solution.

Just so you know after they replaced my components my car has been better 90% of the time there has been time where the break pedal get rock solid for about 5 min or 8 intentions which by the time I start to drive to a dealership the problem will no longer exist.

I have also driven non sport model and they drive much smoother and do exhibit these issues????
Some of my complain also comes from the drown shifting is a bit harsh and could/should be much smoother which is why we paid more for a real transmission.

FYI - I don't drive my car much only about 6 miles total per day - my car now is about 26 months old and have about 17k miles.

I love the brand as stated in older post , I have 9Gen Accord and 10Gen Civic all without any problems - but this 10Gen Accord I would love to trade it in for something else someday

I feel it is a ticking time bomb and I will be letting it go before warranty is over, (this one I will NOT be keeping)

Sorry for me venting here. I just don't feel HONDA has found a true fix for these break problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow - that is so frustrating and with no clear problem to allow a solution.

Just so you know after they replaced my components my car has been better 90% of the time there has been time where the break pedal get rock solid for about 5 min or 8 intentions which by the time I start to drive to a dealership the problem will no longer exist.

I have also driven non sport model and they drive much smoother and do exhibit these issues????
Some of my complain also comes from the drown shifting is a bit harsh and could/should be much smoother which is why we paid more for a real transmission.

FYI - I don't drive my car much only about 6 miles total per day - my car now is about 26 months old and have about 17k miles.

I love the brand as stated in older post , I have 9Gen Accord and 10Gen Civic all without any problems - but this 10Gen Accord I would love to trade it in for something else someday

I feel it is a ticking time bomb and I will be letting it go before warranty is over, (this one I will NOT be keeping)

Sorry for me venting here. I just don't feel HONDA has found a true fix for these break problems.
I'm no expert by any means but my hunch is these issues stem from so many components being electronically controlled. Mechanical components are pretty much set and forget. There are so many reports of these cars acting differently than usual all of a sudden. Like a poster above mentioned- my issue was probably "fixed" by their diagnostic tool with a reset. Perhaps posters from much earlier in this discussion who had their electronic brake boosters replaced had their brakes fixed not from the new booster but by the accompanying reset and or calibration via the diagnostics equipment, but this is just a guess. My brakes still felt perfect again today in the 14 miles I drove today so we'll see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to go to 4 dealers before one of them bled the breaks and it feels much better now. I bought the car in September of 2019 and had the problem from the beginning. I took it to 3 dealers around me over that time and they all said it was fine. I finally went to the dealer this week were I bought the car from which is 60 miles away from me and they initial said it was fine, but then they bled the brakes. Breaks feels much better.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts