Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2018 Accord- This is my last Honda after 30 years of loyalty

6K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  7DarkKnight7 
#1 ·
Well, I must say that Honda engineers have created the perfect car for me to hate. I have been a loyal Honda owner for 30 years, but that streak will soon end. I bought a 2018 1.5 Touring and couldn’t be more disappointed. From the very start, my Honda dealer experience was the worst I have ever experienced. So much so that I never want to step into another Honda dealer again. And the car, don’t get me started. From the extremely uncomfortable drivers seat, the laughable exclusion of a height adjustment on the passenger seat, the insufficient side bolsters in the front seats, the poor audio quality of the so called premium stereo ( my 2006 Accord EXL V6 had a way better sounding system) and the rattles and squeaks the local dealer has had to correct. The car only has had 2,000 miles on it and I already want to sell it.

So thanks again Honda for doing your best to create a totally unfulfilling owner experience.

#2 ·
No offense, but this sounds like a you problem rather than problems with the car (other than the squeak).

Did you test drive the car? Did you use the radio when you drove it? Did you sit in the passenger seat and played around with it?
When I bought the Camry, I asked to test drive each car by myself. I drove it like how I would drive it normally. Ran the radio with my favorite song at my volume. Sat in a comfortable position in each car and drove extensively.

#3 ·
The 10th gen is not my favorite accord either but if one's major complaints are, "this car squeaks, sounds bad, and hurts my butt", you may not have much luck in any other brand.

Reactions: zroger73
#5 ·
I love my 2018 Touring 1.5.

As for the dealers, yes, they are horrible. Honda introduced so many new technology features in this car, and the dealers weren't prepared. I suspect that most other cars have a similar situation as well. Initially, I was pretty upset with the dealer as well. I've gotten to accept the fact that they won't ever be as up to date on the technology as they used to be, as the technology is advancing way too fast for them. It's just a sign of the times, I'm afraid.

I did upgrade the sound system - it was horrible, but most cars have horrible sound systems IMHO. It costs close to $1,000 to upgrade, but now it's awesome.

As for the seats - I find them perfect - not sure why you wouldn't like them.

My first Honda was in 1984, and this is the best Honda I've ever owned.

#7 ·
Well, I must say that Honda engineers have created the perfect car for me to hate. I have been a loyal Honda owner for 30 years, but that streak will soon end. I bought a 2018 1.5 Touring and couldn’t be more disappointed. From the very start, my Honda dealer experience was the worst I have ever experienced. So much so that I never want to step into another Honda dealer again. And the car, don’t get me started. From the extremely uncomfortable drivers seat, the laughable exclusion of a height adjustment on the passenger seat, the insufficient side bolsters in the front seats, the poor audio quality of the so called premium stereo ( my 2006 Accord EXL V6 had a way better sounding system) and the rattles and squeaks the local dealer has had to correct. The car only has had 2,000 miles on it and I already want to sell it.
Buyer's remorse 101. You did test drive it? You tested the things important to you?

Dealer-shmealer, you're not buying the dealership, they're just the annoying obstacle between you and the car.

I'm very satisfied with my Accord (1.5T LX) despite a small number of small things that annoy me.

#8 ·
"I hate my car because the seats, the seats, the seats, the stereo, the squeaks."

Only the last item is Honda's fault. The rest could've been sorted out on a 5 minute test drive and you could've moved on.

I'm surprised about the rattles and squeaks, but you did say the dealer corrected them. It happens, and it sounds like it's been addressed.

#23 ·
The seats in my 2019 LX feel hot compared to the seats in my 2014 LX. And the 2019 seat backs only go so far forward. It won't go forward enough, so that I'm not leaning back so much. I have some Coverking spacer mesh covers on order. Maybe that'll let some airflow through. I have little rattles too sometimes. And gas smell in the oil, haha. I'll just drive the heck out of it and trade it in at 60k. No need to worry about it.

#9 ·
And the car, don’t get me started. From the extremely uncomfortable drivers seat, the laughable exclusion of a height adjustment on the passenger seat, the insufficient side bolsters in the front seats, the poor audio quality of the so called premium stereo ( my 2006 Accord EXL V6 had a way better sounding system) and the rattles and squeaks the local dealer has had to correct. The car only has had 2,000 miles on it and I already want to sell it.
You need to do more research before you pull the trigger on your next vehicle.
You didn't...and now you own it.

You have "buyer's remorse", and that is not necessarily the manufacturer's fault, because other than a few rattles, everything you list there could have(and should have) been researched carefully before signing paperwork.

It's basically your fault, not Honda's.
Sorry.

#10 ·
Sounds like someone jumped the gun and didn't really test drive the car. I get having a bad dealer and that is definitely a problem. But I've also gotten to the point that no brand is perfect and having owned a Lexus as my last car I'll never spend that much for a vehicle again. Absolute rubbish for a brand and even worse is how poorly Toyota stood behind the brand.

I don't think any auto manufacturer is great. But Toyota is easily by far and away one of the worst when it comes to customer service. Your issues pale in comparison IMHO.

#11 ·
Sounds like someone jumped the gun and didn't really test drive the car. I get having a bad dealer and that is definitely a problem. But I've also gotten to the point that no brand is perfect and having owned a Lexus as my last car I'll never spend that much for a vehicle again. Absolute rubbish for a brand and even worse is how poorly Toyota stood behind the brand.

I don't think any auto manufacturer is great. But Toyota is easily by far and away one of the worst when it comes to customer service. Your issues pale in comparison IMHO.
:lmao:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/08/29/best-and-worst-car-brands-of-2018/37633581/

What are the best and worst car brands in the US in 2018?

Sept. 21, 2018

As auto sales hit their first slow period in years and margins are down, automakers must rely more on their reputations for quality and reliability to keep sales at current levels. According to the latest results of a highly regarded poll on auto industry customer satisfaction released Tuesday, some brands are better able to deliver a positive customer experience.

These findings come from the 2018 American Customer Satisfaction Index, which surveys car owners on their overall service and product experience with specific auto brands. Scores range from 1 to 100. According to the latest edition, the experience of owning an automobile has improved. The industry-wide score for 2018 is 82, up from 81 in 2017.

The best-rated brands this year are a make that held the spot last year and one that moved up several spots. At the other end of the list, one brand holds the unfortunate distinction of being by far the worst-rated in the ACSI. Notably, three of the five worst-ranked makes are Fiat Chrysler brands.

1. Lexus
2018 customer satisfaction index: 85
2017 customer satisfaction index: 86

2. Volvo
2018 customer satisfaction index: 85
2017 customer satisfaction index: 82

3. Subaru
2018 customer satisfaction index: 84
2017 customer satisfaction index: 85

4. Lincoln
2018 customer satisfaction index: 84
2017 customer satisfaction index: 83

5. Toyota
2018 customer satisfaction index: 83
2017 customer satisfaction index: 86

6. Audi

7. Honda
2017 customer satisfaction index: 81

8. Mercedes-Benz
2018 customer satisfaction index: 82
2017 customer satisfaction index: 84

9. Cadillac
2017 customer satisfaction index: 83 (through Q2)

10. BMW

#13 ·
I think the problem is you didn't get the 2.0...if you drove that, you would never want it taken away :)

Also, if you want to talk about hard seats, go test drive the civics, those hurt

#14 ·
Ok , everyone. Yes I did test drive but you can’t k ow everything about a car until you have spent some time with it. Like all my other Honda’s there were some shortcomings but overall I liked them all. But this one just has too many things that don’t fit with my past experience with Honda.

In fact I am writing this as I sit in a Honda dealer because my Navigation quit working and they are trying to figure out why. So again, I wrote this after spending some time with the car and it unfortunately has fallen short of my expectations.

To each his own.

#16 ·
I feel for you; I hate squeaks and rattles as much as the next guy. BUT - If you're going to buy a 35k dollar anything, though, dude you didn't even play some music?

From the very start, my Honda dealer experience was the worst I have ever experienced. So much so that I never want to step into another Honda dealer again.

You're making it sound like the salesman slapped you in front of your kids, and then you bought the most expensive Accord on their lot. What the hell, man?

#22 ·
This was a useless post. This guy didn't try on his suit before he bought it and now thinks the brand name and department store are to blame. Useless, childish, and irrelevant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.