Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It's rather strange... GasAxeMan created new accounts on multiple Accord forums and copied/pasted his story about his total engine failure... but then stopped posting entirely on all of the forums. He claimed that he would post his proof eventually. I'm not holding my breath.

I'd love to see a picture of the work order from Honda that specifically lists that the owner can't see the computer results. Otherwise, this is just a post with no pictures, no documentation, and no actual proof.

These appear every once and a while on this forum. A new member joins with a horror story about their Accord being a total death trap or being horribly unreliable... with no evidence, documentation or proof... only for the poster to disappear after claiming that they are being labeled a troll.
Opening pages of the Honda Accord Owner's Manual:

Service Diagnostic Recorders
This vehicle is equipped with service-related devices that record information about powertrain performance. The data can be used to verify emissions law requirements and/or help technicians diagnose and solve service problems. It may also be combined with data from other sources for research purposes, but it remains confidential. Some diagnostic and maintenance information is uploaded to Honda upon vehicle start up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It makes you wonder doesn't it? I'm not calling the guy a troll, but it sure would have added veracity to his claim had he included that work order. (he could have redacted all the names). Either way I have not seen any evidence that Accord engines are totally failing in significant numbers. (Modded or otherwise) You want to read about catastrophic engine failure? Go to a Hyundai / Kia forum or just google it. I speak from experience. I got 72,000 mile out of my Kia Soul before it left me on the side of the road with a rod thrown through the block and a puddle of oil underneath me. 🐶:poop:
Agreed. My dad has a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. The engine and transmission had to be replaced under warranty at about 75,000 miles. Three weeks at the dealership before he got it back. Luckily they all come with 100,000 mile warranties- but for those of us who expect cars to last longer than that- I have zero confidence in that brand after the warranty expires.

Want a car that will last well beyond 100,000 miles without any headaches? Honda and Toyota are your best bets. That said, who knows how long all of the fancy new electronics on these cars will last. My wife's Camry Hybrid currently has 175,000 miles on it and it hasn't had a single unexpected repair during its nearly fourteen years on the road. Normal wear and tear items only.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts