Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Accord Touring 2.0T
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run into problems trying to update their maps using Garmin Express (on Windows 10)?

I seemed to be getting notifications that a Map update was available, 2018 Accord Touring with the original maps. I followed the instructions as best I could out at:

Honda Navigation Map Update | Garmin Support

(which is where the Honda help points you)

So dug up a 16GB USB drive, had the car download its current levels, which appears to be 2017.20:

Here is a snapshot of the GarminDevice.xml:

<Version>
<Major>2017</Major>
<Minor>20</Minor>
</Version>

OK, pretty old, but when I go through and install Garmin Express, it says that there are no updates available. The first URL has the line:

Current Map Version: 2021 (North America)

so...

1. Anyone run into something similar?
  2. What exactly should be the latest level maps?
  3. Any way to fix the problem?

Screenshot of the message from Garmin Express:

Garmin Express Version is 7.7.1.0. I checked the level in Settings>About>Check for Updates to Express, and it indicates that I am up to date. I sent an e-mail off to Garmin support, but they indicated response time of 3-5 business days (presumably a week). Chat was off-line, probably the weekend.

....so I am kind of hoping someone here has worked their way through this, has a solution of some sort.

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring Hybrid
53 Posts
(Exactly same thing happened to me. I got the notice to update. I last updated when I bought the car. It's a 2021, but came with 2020 maps originally. That time everything went fine. This time I came up empty just as you did, despite the notice of update from the car head unit.

I managed to research the matter. Although Garmin updates their maps 3 times a year for the standalone GPS units, built in NAV units (for Honda at least) only get 1 update per year. I guess we will just have to wait until the 2022 update comes out. The notice from the car was apparently a glitch.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Touring 2.0T
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(Exactly same thing happened to me. I got the notice to update...

I managed to research the matter. Although Garmin updates their maps 3 times a year for the standalone GPS units, built in NAV units (for Honda at least) only get 1 update per year. I guess we will just have to wait until the 2022 update comes out. The notice from the car was apparently a glitch.
Thanks. Still, as mine is a 2018 model (with 2017 maps), it does seem like I should be able to get the 2021 or 2020 updates (or even 2019), as those would still be available. Whole thing is a bit weird.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After a false start, I'm downloading an update now. The process is a little cumbersome, but follow the instructions to the letter, and it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts