Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, just wanted to know how to remove the drain plug in trunk. Is it even removable?

I don't want to force a flat head wrongly if theres a procedure to removing it. Sure, Id like to figure out where the leak is coming from but im just one average man.

Drain is up from the mounting base and has two little notches I can ply from. Im just worried I might break or do something wrong. Is that even the plug? Plus it would be good to put up a picture and problem online in case others have had this happen.

As for the leak Im not sure where its coming from. Most of the water is in the tire well and I have a rubber mat in trunk which is mostly dry. However, the carpet underneath that exposes the tire well is completely soaked.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,569 Posts
Use a shop vac to extract the water. Dry the carpet and trace the leak. Quickly. You can’t have a pool in the back of your car on the regular.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
You got to do the old "crawl through the back seat with a flashlight" thing. Then have a friend keep a running hose going, all over the trunk lid.
Most likely, the trunk lid gasket, or a taillight gasket leaking.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If car is still under 3-year warranty, take it to the dealer and let them mess around with it... my $0.02...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda's warranties are 3 years 36k miles. My accord already has 77k miles.

Gaskets could be it but Ive replaced one in the past. Before, I saw the wet areas on my rubber mat and knew right away it was the trunk lid gasket. Now, water gets in with heavy rain and the rubber mat is dry. Im not going to buy something I think could fix it, that would be a waste of money that I dont have much of. If they were getting in from the tail lights, I would also know right away that's the culprit if the taillights are condenses with water which they're not. My car hasn't been in any accident, I have not caused any body damage to it.

I dont have any friends or family that would help me find the leak. I dont want to pay anyone for such an easy job. The problem is manual doesn't show drain plug or how to remove it or if its even a plug. All I want to do right now is figure out the drain plug. Honestly, Im probably done with this car and Honda all together. Electrical problems, suspension problems, brake system problems all after warranty ended and dealership just gives me the finger. These leaks are not much of an issue, it's just an inconvenience that shouldn't happen in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts