1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Accord won't start and displays different errors on the screen like:
1. Break system problem, break performance may be reduced
2. Automatic lighting control system problem, manual controls available

The parking break is taking a long time to engage and disengage and making cranking sounds,

+ Car won't start

Is this a battery issue or an electrical issue?
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Car Automotive lighting

·
Elvira
3,875 Posts
Being that's the original battery and almost 3+ years in service, try charging the battery first with a good charger and see if it all goes away.

Then get yourself a new battery as these cars seem to eat batteries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 Accord won't start and displays different errors on the screen like:
1. Break system problem, break performance may be reduced
2. Automatic lighting control system problem, manual controls available

The parking break is taking a long time to engage and disengage and making cranking sounds,

+ Car won't start

Is this a battery issue or an electrical issue? View attachment 536711
I also have a 2018 Accord, I have those similar lights while driving and the car was in limp mode. I found water in the tail light housing.

·
19 EX-L 2.0 Obsidian Blue
88 Posts
I had the exact same issue yesterday. Jumped the battery, the car started and all warnings cleared after a few minutes of driving. Since I was 500 miles from home, and had commitments that couldn't be missed, I couldn't waste the time needed to deal with Honda dealership service. I found an auto parts store and had the pleasure of changing the battery in 40 degree rain in the parking lot. Battery was 34 months old

·
Registered
137 Posts
i recall reading somewhere that the oem batteries don't last very long in the first few years of production models but i can't remember exactly. i would start with the battery. usually all those lights going off is an indication of low voltage. a very specific voltage level is needed to keep the computers happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts