Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a delayed posting on some of the modifications to my LX, after I bought it in Aug 2018. Looks like most folks on this forum have Sports/EX. Buying LX trim was a deliberate decision due to its many stock/safety features . I had a fully loaded luxury car earlier and hardly used many of the features. Love my car so far, 7.5k miles on it, with mileage of 36 - 45 mpg depending on weather/city/highway/wind. My regular commute of 50 miles each day averages 37 mpg.
We'll, here the modifications I have made so far. Never thought, I would be doing these when I bought this car, until i came to these forums (THANKS to all of you sharing their mods). Yes, even the LX owners can also dream on making their car look sporty :).

1. Glossy Black Front Bumper Lip Protector Cover Trim
2. JDM V Type Trunk Spoiler
3. Side Skirt Spoiler (Glossy Black)
4. ABS Glossy Black Hood Lip Front Grille Cover Molding Trim
5. Red Rear Emblem
6. Red Front Emblem
7. Rear Bumper Diffuser Lip
8. Black Roof
9. Protection Film on Front Lights, Partial Hood, Side Fenders, Door handle cups
10. Interior LED Lights
11. Brake Calipers - painted them Red

All the above cost me under $1000. Except the roof, all the mods were done by me.

Future :
1. Blind Spot monitoring
2. Apple Car Play ........................I currently have a workaround of a cellphone holder adjacent to the display, right in front of me and use Bluetooth, Siri shortcuts commands to navigate, send texts, read emails...etc through voice commands
3. Spoiler - Side under ...If i get it at a good price
4. Wheels - Paint or Powder coating or possibly replacing them with new sporty wheels
5. Remote Start

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
With all the mods you're doing, it sounds like you should've just gone with a Sport instead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
With all the mods you're doing, it sounds like you should've just gone with a Sport instead.
Except the CarPlay workaround, a Sports/EX do not has any of the mods that I did. The only thing I miss in Sports is the CarPlay. I am hoping, will find a good priced aftermarket option in 1-2 years- A display unit that supports Carplay integrated with blind spot monitoring through small cameras on the bottom of side mirrors like we see in some new luxury models ..not in a hurry.

And it's still an LX.
True. Same goes for Sports or EX. There is no end to it, something is better than your model. LX works for my needs. The mods I did are missing in stock Sports/EX as well. Folks approach me in parking lot to talk. I see them looking at my car, some turn to look while driving, curious to know what car/model it is. They don't know if its an LX/Sports/EX and no one asked me so far what Trim it is.

·
302 Posts
I had a LX loaner. For what it is, it's a great car but I would never own one because of the plastic steering wheel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m sure you’ll get a lot of responses that you should have bought a higher trim level for some features you want to add, but with that being said, I think your mods so far look good and are tastefully done. If you’re anything like me, even if you had started with a Touring, you would still find things to change or modify. It’s your car.....make it yours, and enjoy it!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Doesnt matter what trim you have. You bought what you wanted and what suited your budget.

Whether you buy the base or most expensive, more than likely youre going to do some kind of modification to the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a 2018 LX. Please keep us updated on your progress. Particularly with the display. I'd love to be able to change that to a touch screen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just bought a 2018 LX. Please keep us updated on your progress. Particularly with the display. I'd love to be able to change that to a touch screen.
If you are looking for touchscreen, changing it to a higher trim display/aftermarket display might be the only option at this moment, I haven't seen anyone trying to do it and hoping someone attempts it after they are out of the 3 years warranty. The display is not expensive and ideally I would like to change it to a 10" iPad like display someday. I had touchscreen in my previous car, but don't miss it in LX, since I heavily use Bluetooth and Siri shortcuts like 'Home ETA' that automatically sends a text to my wife on my arrival time at home (makes her happy :) ). I also use Siri Shortcuts for getting google directions -it prompts me for the address and the google map shows up on my cellphone right in front of me on my cellphone holder. Sending Texts/Calling through Bluetooth/Siri is also easy and no need to use the display. Zero cost for all this except the $3 functional cell phone holder. My car garage closes and opens automatically when I leave - I turned it off for now, since I think, there is a risk in someone getting in between the time it closes and felt using my remote button switch on my car visor was more trustworthy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The remote start was already enabled on my LX. The dealer gave me a replacement key fob with 5 buttons instead of the standard 4 and remote start works using the new remote.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the lx aswel man. It was all I could afford at the time. My Altima took a crap on me and honda was willing to offer me a great deal on the lx but wouldn't budge on the sport. Now that I'm back on my feet here are a few things I have bought for the summer
Fog lights installed
Trunk lid spoiler
18' black rims
Chrome delete
Leather add steering wheel wrap
I've never had apple car play or android play so I dont care about the radio:p

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts