12/27/2018
Installed new grille, black chrome insert, and JDM front emblem
Grill: $220
Insert: $36
Emblem: $60

Attachments

Discussion starter · #24 ·
1/1/2019
Installed Ambient Lighting Kit, Illuminated door sills and rear sills, Heated Steering Wheel, HomeLink Mirror
Ambient: $90
Door Sills: $210
Wheel: $269
Mirror: $294.89

Attachments

Discussion starter · #25 ·
1/6/2019
Installed side emblems
$36

Note: I ordered the black emblems (which is really dark gray around the outside, the same gray as the new grill from Honda). The inside of the emblem is chrome, and I really didn't want that on my car. So I decided to paint the chrome glossy black. I left the dark gray to keep it two tone. I think it turned out great, and keeps the aesthetics I'm going for. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #26 ·
1/9/2018
Powdercoated rear exhaust finishers (Took this idea from Abe. Thanks Abe!)
$160

Note: Getting them off the car was simple. I just laid down and used a long socket for the two side screws, and a ratcheting wrench for the top screw. I couldn't get a great picture of the rear end since I was pulled into the garage and didn't feel like moving the car out. I will capture better pictures when I take some of the whole car.

That's all for now. I have some more plans and am just waiting for things to come in the mail at the end of the week. I'll continue to update. Hope you all enjoyed!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #29 ·
1/12/2019
Installed new rear spoiler
$61.74

Note: Install was fairly easy. I removed the original spoiler, cleaned up the trunk and removed a few light scratches. The new spoiler had two mounting holes that didn't line up with anything existing, so I just covered up all the holes, and utilized the 3M tape on the spoiler to mount it. It's larger than the original, but lighter. With the tape, it is extremely sturdy, and I'm very confident it isn't going anywhere. I'm happy with the quality, and I chose black to match the rest of the black in the rear. I think the two tone looks nicer than another blue spoiler would have. It's definitely sporty looking, but not over the top by any means. Definitely sets the car apart. I bought it on eBay, and the name of the spoiler is JDM V Type.

Attachments

I've been debating on powder coating the finishers wondering if it'll sustain the heat coming from the exhaust.

I agree
I have seen them plastidipped and they look amazing. Like you said there’s no direct heat since they aren’t actually touching the exhaust pipe. Plastidip can handle some high temps as well. Just another option.

When I saw the Gillman license plate cover, I had to check your location!

It's good to see another Accord owner in the Austin area. Would like to get a few more people together and have a little meet or something going.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the progress on your car.

Reactions: Brian Pierson
Discussion starter · #40 ·
Can you give the link for the Emblem? Also did you remove the stock one? Thanks
Found it on eBay. It sticks over the existing emblem with 3M tape. There are a bunch, just search Red H Steering Wheel Emblem. Here's one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Red-H-...986190?hash=item4437be2c4e:g:4fcAAOSwgPVcgHTW

I just bought 4 more for a DIY project I've been wanting to try. They obviously aren't OEM, but for what they are, they are pretty good quality in my opinion. Don't pay more than $14 though. Cheapest I've found was $11 and change, but from China and didn't want to wait a month.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.