Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Hey man, will you please send the part number on the front emblem? The one I have (Type R) appears to be too small. ?
There isn't a part number that exists (that anyone but the person scratching them off knows). Corsportusa and icbmotorsport (this is who drop ships it) are the only ones to sell a front emblem that fits. Unfortunately, it comes in a set, so you have to buy the front and rear at the same time. icb scratches the part number off the bag. 50/50 if the emblem is legit or not, but the quality looks and feels good enough to me. You can't tell by looking at it if it's fake or real (they claim it real). The rear at the time I got in the set was incorrect, and had to be shipped back and refunded. I've told them (icb) the correct rear to include, so they may have fixed this, but I wouldn't count on it. Corsportusa was terrible to work with to get my issue resolved. Very unresponsive, their phone number on their website is disconnected, and takes a week to answer an email. They did eventually refund me completely, which is not what I asked for (but thanks!). I only wanted to be refunded for the incorrect part I received, but maybe they realized it took 2 months for this to finally happen, who knows. So that was awesome of them, just took a while, and after a threat that I would request a charge back with my credit card if they wouldn't respond (this was after 3-4 emails and 3-4 weeks of no response). Links below to the parts. Going through Corsport was actually cheaper since they offer free shipping. ICB parts are cheaper, but shipping made the total more expensive for me.

https://www.corsportusa.com/i-63609...ear.html#!year=2018||make=HONDA||model=ACCORD

https://www.icbmotorsport.com/usacse20fran.html

Good luck! In the end, I LOVE the look of the JDM badges, they look great! I have more plans I will share soon in the future.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
3/17/19
Installed Kicker Key Amp and Kicker Hideaway Sub
$385

3/17/19
Installed OEM Type R shift knob and Acuity collar
$185

3/23/19
Installed black gloss vinyl overlays on rims, and made DIY Type R center caps
$112

Car is coming together nicely. I really need to get some shots of the whole car with everything done thus far. More to come.

Funny I paid the same OTD price for the the same car except I have the 10 speed. Once you get your flash installed you should do a write up in the performance section - are you going to dyno? Any noticeable difference after installing the intake?

Recommend you install a catch can, especially if you're turning up the boost

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Funny I paid the same OTD price for the the same car except I have the 10 speed. Once you get your flash installed you should do a write up in the performance section - are you going to dyno? Any noticeable difference after installing the intake?

Recommend you install a catch can, especially if you're turning up the boost
The flash happened the day it arrived in the mail. I went instantly to Stage 2. Very simple set up once I had everything downloaded, and the flash took a few minutes. My review would be pretty obvious to everyone else's impressions, so I probably won't do a detailed write up. Major increase in torque which now causes issues with traction, so I'll need to solve for that. I can break the wheels loose quite easily in 2nd gear, and although I haven't really tried, I think I can break them loose in 3rd. The car instantly became even more fun to drive than it was, but I was already pretty satisfied with what the 2.0T delivered, I just wanted more. I think the tune coupled with the K&N intake has taken this car to the next level. I still want to add a catless downpipe and more free flowing catback (waiting for Borla to release), and a PRL upgraded intercooler when it's available. Maybe an LSD in the future to improve traction, as well as better/wider tires, coilovers, short shifter, and maybe lighter flywheel eventually.

I'm really enjoying this car though for what it is, a sub $30K luxury-ish peformance-ish family sedan. Very satisfied I'd say in the least. I may eventually run out of things to do to it, but for the time being, there is still plenty more. I've made it unique enough thus far to separate it from all the other Accords in my area (and there are a lot). Luckily, I've only seen one other Still Night Pearl, but that one is bone stock (glad this color is exclusive to the Sport). This is slowly taking over as my favorite car I've owned, especially as I continue to add to it.

Thanks for the tip on the catch can, I'm looking into adding one as well.

Thanks - I assume you're running 93 octane on the Stage 2, any elevated knock readings? Why did you pick Hondata over KTuner?

1/12/2019
Installed new rear spoiler
$61.74

Note: Install was fairly easy. I removed the original spoiler, cleaned up the trunk and removed a few light scratches. The new spoiler had two mounting holes that didn't line up with anything existing, so I just covered up all the holes, and utilized the 3M tape on the spoiler to mount it. It's larger than the original, but lighter. With the tape, it is extremely sturdy, and I'm very confident it isn't going anywhere. I'm happy with the quality, and I chose black to match the rest of the black in the rear. I think the two tone looks nicer than another blue spoiler would have. It's definitely sporty looking, but not over the top by any means. Definitely sets the car apart. I bought it on eBay, and the name of the spoiler is JDM V Type.
How difficult was it remove the stock rear spoiler? Looks like it is attached with screws?

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Thanks - I assume you're running 93 octane on the Stage 2, any elevated knock readings? Why did you pick Hondata over KTuner?
Yes, I always fill with 93. The increased cost is minimal since I don't drive enough to impact my wallet, plus, if I'm going to spend $700 for a tune, I'm willing to pay .50 cents more a gallon or whatever it is. I've always filled my cars with Super (93), so there isn't any change in habit. The smaller tank also means less money to fill. And finally, with the amount I drive, I'm filling up only once every 3-4 weeks (gotta love working from home).

I haven't logged any data to view knock readings as I'm not overly concerned. I will make a note to do this though in the future, thanks!

I picked Hondata due to their reputation. The research I did made more sense for me to go with them. As in, I found more bad things about KTuner than I did Hondata, and wanted to make sure I kept the reliability of the car intact. Also, when I owned my Acura RSX-S, it was similarly tuned by Hondata. I'm sure both options were fine for my needs, but I felt more loyal to go with Hondata (not that I have a horse in either race, I'm not that kind of person (ie. my stuff is better than yours!, Xbox>PS4, Vive>Oculus, Lucky Charms>Cinn Toast Crunch). Yeah, no. I'd say pick the one that makes the most sense to you after reading opinions from other folks. The best thing about it is I could decide to unmarry the Hondata, sell it, and try the KTuner if I so choose. Love that we have two options which drives competition.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
How difficult was it remove the stock rear spoiler? Looks like it is attached with screws?
Surprisingly easy. Remove the inner trunk liner and then 1 bolt on either side you just need a nut driver to take them off. And then 6 or so green clips you can squeeze with pliers from underneath as you lift the spoiler up with your fingers on the top side. Took all of a few minutes. I then cleaned it all up, and used rubbing alcohol. The new spoiler came with 3M tape, so that's how it's stuck on. Once on, it'll be a pain to get off because it is cemented on there. I'd imagine fishing line would do the trick if I ever wanted to change it.

I also covered the existing holes from the underside and top side so water wouldn't leak into the trunk prior to installing the new spoiler. Very easy install all around, and I love the larger spoiler (and really like the two-tone look). The sport spoiler was so dinky in my opinion, it's nice it comes with one, but so tiny. Hope that helps!

12/2/2018
Window chrome trim delete with matte black vinyl
$42.49
I was at the local car show and passed quickly by the Honda display. Pretty sure I saw either the Clarity or Insight with a "black chrome" Honda badge on the front nose. Should have stopped but didnt of course. I am thinking of replacing the (fake) chrome one on my '19 Sport 2.0 with one of these if it is the same size. Maybe do the back emblem as well.

Really like the black out on the window trim. Where do I find this on ebay? (Sorry, ebay neophyte)

Also really like removal of the trim on the rear deck. Does that come off easily without marring the paint??

Discussion starter · #51 ·
I was at the local car show and passed quickly by the Honda display. Pretty sure I saw either the Clarity or Insight with a "black chrome" Honda badge on the front nose. Should have stopped but didnt of course. I am thinking of replacing the (fake) chrome one on my '19 Sport 2.0 with one of these if it is the same size. Maybe do the back emblem as well.

Really like the black out on the window trim. Where do I find this on ebay? (Sorry, ebay neophyte)

Also really like removal of the trim on the rear deck. Does that come off easily without marring the paint??

Maybe they dipped their badges? Although you’re saying black chrome so not sure.

This is who I bought the chrome delete from for around the windows:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332814457591

Removal of trim on rear deck? Not sure what you’re referring to. Stock spoiler? Yes easy to remove without any damage. Badges? Yes, also easy with fishing line and blow dryer.

The flash happened the day it arrived in the mail. I went instantly to Stage 2. Major increase in torque which now causes issues with traction, so I'll need to solve for that. I can break the wheels loose quite easily in 2nd gear
I doubt there is a (low cost) solution without the Type R limited slip (and even then it may be an issue) - makes me wonder if you would be significantly quicker 0-60 or just roast your tires.

The 10 speed is probably easier on tires because the shifts are smoother than old school row-your-own. Looking forward to running one of you manual guys, I expect it will be no contest. I don't care what the haters say, the 10 speed in sport mode kicks butt, and I drove a manual FD RX-7 for 18 years so been there, done that

Discussion starter · #53 ·
I doubt there is a (low cost) solution without the Type R limited slip (and even then it may be an issue) - makes me wonder if you would be significantly quicker 0-60 or just roast your tires.

The 10 speed is probably easier on tires because the shifts are smoother than old school row-your-own. Looking forward to running one of you manual guys, I expect it will be no contest. I don't care what the haters say, the 10 speed in sport mode kicks butt, and I drove a manual FD RX-7 for 18 years so been there, done that
Agreed, but the LSD would at least help, as would better tires. I probably won't go that route until I'm due for tires, which will be a while at this pace. It's not an issue enough for me to invest in new tires as I'm not ripping the car up and down the road all the time. I just like having the power available.

I'd imagine the 10speed wins out just due to the nature of instant shifting, however I didn't buy the 6MT to race, but rather just enjoy my daily drive.

Agreed, but the LSD would at least help, as would better tires. I probably won't go that route until I'm due for tires, which will be a while at this pace. It's not an issue enough for me to invest in new tires as I'm not ripping the car up and down the road all the time. I just like having the power available.

I'd imagine the 10speed wins out just due to the nature of instant shifting, however I didn't buy the 6MT to race, but rather just enjoy my daily drive.
Thanks for responding!

I dont know about those H emblems; maybe it was just the lighting in the convention center. I went to the Honda site and gallery photos show chrome "H"'s on the front grill for both the Clarity and Insight. I may go by the dealer and ask. What I thought is it would look better is a "black chrome" (*oxymoron??*) badge rather than the stock bright chrome one. Perhaps this is asking too much....

Have ordered me up a set of them chrome delete window surround. Actually ordered two sets, lest UV, car washes and -40F temps combine to ruin them in short order. So will have a spare set. I cant even look at my car now with the stock shiny surrounds. Almost as bad as chrome door handles...(or leather seats for that matter).

And sorry, I was referring to removing the badging on the rear trunk lid. So I take it slide the fishing line between the badge letter and the body, use the hair dryer to heat and loosen the glue and done. Super idea!

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Thanks for responding!

I dont know about those H emblems; maybe it was just the lighting in the convention center. I went to the Honda site and gallery photos show chrome "H"'s on the front grill for both the Clarity and Insight. I may go by the dealer and ask. What I thought is it would look better is a "black chrome" (*oxymoron??*) badge rather than the stock bright chrome one. Perhaps this is asking too much....

Have ordered me up a set of them chrome delete window surround. Actually ordered two sets, lest UV, car washes and -40F temps combine to ruin them in short order. So will have a spare set. I cant even look at my car now with the stock shiny surrounds. Almost as bad as chrome door handles...(or leather seats for that matter).

And sorry, I was referring to removing the badging on the rear trunk lid. So I take it slide the fishing line between the badge letter and the body, use the hair dryer to heat and loosen the glue and done. Super idea!
The sport model front grille and emblem is black chrome. It certainly is better than regular chrome in my opinion, but still a bit too bright for me.

The Chrome delete is easy to put on, just take your time. You can apply it dry, and just peel back if you make a mistake. I'd wipe the chrome down with alcohol first. Align the bottom edge and work your way up, tucking as needed. After you're done, it really transform the side profile of the car. I wouldn't go back.

Look up a youtube video on how to debadge, but you pretty much got it. It's also quite simple. Once the badge is removed, there will be residue. Use your finger to work it off the car, and don't be afraid to use something like goo-gone. Just be sure to wax the area when you're done.

Hey Brian,

I have been wanting to install homelink mirror and heated steering wheel myself, I have looked over the installation guides a bunch of times and feel confident I can do it but obviously I still feel uneasy about doing it. Do you have any tips/tricks for installing these and any advice?

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Hey Brian,

I have been wanting to install homelink mirror and heated steering wheel myself, I have looked over the installation guides a bunch of times and feel confident I can do it but obviously I still feel uneasy about doing it. Do you have any tips/tricks for installing these and any advice?
Hey sorry for the slow response as I’ve been away from the forums. The mirror and wheel are pretty straight forward. The instructions on College Hills Honda are fantastic. The biggest thing to know is the bolt that holds the wheel on was not torqued to spec. In fact, I had to use a breaker bar and all 170lbs of me to get it off. I put it back on really tight as well since that how it came from the factory.

Don’t be afraid of the airbag. It comes off with ease, just follow instructions.

Don’t be alarmed when you start the car up and all your sensors are turned off and you’re throwing a ton of errors. Drive the car around the block. Turn it off, then back on, and it’ll recalibrate and all the errors go away. You don’t need the dealer to reprogram. Make sure you put the wheel on straight and you don’t have to do any other adjustments outlined in the instructions.

I love love love the new mirror and heated wheel. Well worth the effort to install them, and easy enough to do yourself. The whole car comes apart quite easily, just take your time.

I’ve done a few more things to my car, and will update this thread soon.

3/17/19
Installed Kicker Key Amp and Kicker Hideaway Sub
$385

Hey Brian,

I assume you're using the Kicker Key Amp as intended, to power/process the factory speakers. Can you give me some insight on how you did a seamless install? Did you get a harness that plugs into the factory wiring, plug the other end of the harness into the amp, and then use a 2nd harness to do the same on the output side of the amp? If so, mind sending me a link to the harness'?

Last I checked (several months back) I couldn't find a harness... I don't want to cut/splice anything.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Hey Brian,

I assume you're using the Kicker Key Amp as intended, to power/process the factory speakers. Can you give me some insight on how you did a seamless install? Did you get a harness that plugs into the factory wiring, plug the other end of the harness into the amp, and then use a 2nd harness to do the same on the output side of the amp? If so, mind sending me a link to the harness'?

Last I checked (several months back) I couldn't find a harness... I don't want to cut/splice anything.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle.
You just need 1 Axxess AX-DSP-HON2 harness. Cut off the connector that would go to the DSP. Harness goes between speaker connector and stock radio, and then you just splice the amp into the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.