Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
6/29/19
Installed trunk lid damper/strut
$34

Not a great picture but the strut opens the trunk lid all the way when it’s released. Works really nice. Kit came with 2 struts, but only needs 1.

7/8/19
Installed Borla cat back exhaust
$1143

Car sounds great now. Crackles in between shifts, sounds aggressive when you get on it, but not obnoxiously loud. Very pleased with the results, and now feels even more responsive.

7/12/19
Installed Acuity short throw adapter, metal rocker, and stronger centering spring
$204

Cleaned up the shifting and a must have in my opinion. Shifts are so much shorter, tighter, and just makes the car even more of a joy to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #62 ·
7/18/19
Installed front lip
$63

Gives the car an even more aggressive look, and makes the front end look a bit lower. I installed with much bigger bolts and nuts rather than the included screws to make it rock solid.

Discussion starter · #65 · (Edited)
Yes, it’s just a generic front lip from eBay. There are a lot to choose from, so just pick one you like.

Here’s the one I have, although I bought from another seller:

I really recommend drilling the holes out and using nuts with nylon (so they don’t back off) and bolts to secure it to the car. I also used real automotive 3M tape, rather than the stuff they include which was really thin. If you do this, you shouldn’t have to worry about it flying off while driving. Otherwise, they just give you screws to tap into the bumper which I doubt would hold too well for longer term or at highway speeds.

Car History:
Prior to the Maxima, I bought a brand new 2006 Subaru STI. I LOVED this car. It was my first brand new car, it was a blast to drive, it was the fastest thing I've driven to date, and couldn't believe I actually owned it when I got it home. I owned it for 8 years (sold in 2014 when I moved from NJ to TX). I did a bit of work to it (Turboback exhaust, AccessPort tuned, intake, full sound system, tint). I bought it with 5 miles on it, and sold it with 70K. Never had any issues, and it survived NJ winters with no garage. It was the perfect car prior to kids for me.
I swear people cannot get over the hawkeye STI, guys will still spend almost 20k for a high mileage one or can buy a new base(comparable in options) for about 35k. I think you and I think alike, my first new car was a 2013 STI and recently bought the accord a week ago.

Traded in my 2015 wrx premium which was a great car, but it really lacked space, the electronics were so damn basic, and i just wanted something new besides another wrx since the newly redesigned version is coming out in a year approximately. I love the STI, LOVE LOVE, but its an old car dating back to the first 2004 STI essentially with the EJ motor, gets awful MPG and they still have some engine ringland failures quite often with an ongoing class action lawsuit.

Going to follow your thread some more when i put a few more miles on it.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
I swear people cannot get over the hawkeye STI, guys will still spend almost 20k for a high mileage one or can buy a new base(comparable in options) for about 35k. I think you and I think alike, my first new car was a 2013 STI and recently bought the accord a week ago.

Traded in my 2015 wrx premium which was a great car, but it really lacked space, the electronics were so damn basic, and i just wanted something new besides another wrx since the newly redesigned version is coming out in a year approximately. I love the STI, LOVE LOVE, but its an old car dating back to the first 2004 STI essentially with the EJ motor, gets awful MPG and they still have some engine ringland failures quite often with an ongoing class action lawsuit.

Going to follow your thread some more when i put a few more miles on it.
The WRX is just not practical if you’re going to constantly have someone the back seat. Even with the 2015 redesign, which gives more room, it’s tiny for someone over 6’ needing to put 1-2 little chillins in the back.

The Accord is just so damn spacious, more luxurious, and just as mod-able. So for me it’s a no brainer as the perfect sub 30k performance family sedan, what other car even compares? I’m not sure. I flirted with the idea of moving to the Ford RS, but really wanted a sedan, and the price would increase $10k+. Only other cars that would deliver the same needs I had move into the bmw, Audi, Mercedes space and I didn’t want the maintenance hassles, nor the extra buying costs and higher insurance bill.

I think Honda knocked this one out of the park, and glad I found it when I was researching. I do appreciate the Subaru holding its value though. Good feeling to have that it felt more like an investment that I could cash in. If I were to sell this car, I’d be worried to think what I’d get for it. Luckily no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
8/17/19
Installed LED bumper reflectors, and tinted them.
$68.08

Easy to install, partially removed rear bumper to do one at a time rather than take the bumper completely off. They’re really nice for the price. About $54 for the reflectors and $14 for the tint.

10/2/19
Installed red pin striping on front lip
$10

I’ve had this for a while, just haven’t put it on. Used a striping tool and it look all of 2 mins. I really like the look, identical to the CTR stripe.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Do the LED reflectors flash with the turn signal? I have seen some like that, but I am not a fan. Link?
Yes, they are sequential, but I like them. Most people won't have to worry since they don't use their turn signal to begin with :)

Do you use that interior trunk pull much? Seems like ya gotta be quick with your fingers/hand.

Discussion starter · #74 ·
Do you use that interior trunk pull much? Seems like ya gotta be quick with your fingers/hand.
Yes, every time I close the trunk. It's very easy to get your hand out of the way. I do have to pull down with a bit more force since installing the trunk dampers that automatically push the trunk lid opened. Sometimes it may not be enough force to close and just have to assist it with a small push down on the spoiler.

Yes, every time I close the trunk.
I had this in my '14, ordered from college Hills. I plan to get a new set of all weather honda mats, the cargo net, hooks and a new handle eventually. It becomes second nature to use the interior handle, I find myself reaching for it now even though I'm 3 months into my 2019. If you don't make it, the license plate is the best place to use on the exterior since it isn't paint.

Discussion starter · #77 ·
Are these Cougarmotor bulbs? either way if they are or aren't, please link the part number. I had lowbeams like this in my 2014 and loved them, I want these for my highs.
Yes, CougarMotor. Looks like the design changed a bit since I've bought them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ6F2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had this in my '14, ordered from college Hills. I plan to get a new set of all weather honda mats, the cargo net, hooks and a new handle eventually. It becomes second nature to use the interior handle, I find myself reaching for it now even though I'm 3 months into my 2019. If you don't make it, the license plate is the best place to use on the exterior since it isn't paint.
I agree, I use the license plate at times as well when needed. I highly recommend getting the damper to push the trunk lid open. It's awesome to not have to lift the lid every time.

Yes, CougarMotor. Looks like the design changed a bit since I've bought them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ6F2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I agree, I use the license plate at times as well when needed. I highly recommend getting the damper to push the trunk lid open. It's awesome to not have to lift the lid every time.
I liked them with the bulb structure over the diode, i felt it would enhance the ability to project light evenly

Discussion starter · #80 ·
Hey! Car looks great! What kind of tires are you using on those 20" rims? Also, how are you finding the hondata stage 2?
Rims and tires are stock civic type r: Conti SportContact 6 I believe. The ride is a bit rough and grip is just ok. Once they wear out, I’m going to go with a bigger tire and something a bit better for performance.

Hondata Stage2 is night and day, highly recommend it. Also added benefit of turning off rev hang, as well as enabling better traction control. Best bang for your buck by far, don’t hesitate to do it.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.