Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

My name is Michael and I purchased a 2018 Still Night Blue Accord with the 2.0T / 10spd auto a week or two ago. I bought the car as utility / winter vehicle. I'm really enjoying the Accord very much...I signed up for the AccordXClub forum but it appears there's a little more traffic on this site. I started doing some very minor mods so far;

35% Tint, CTR engine cover, Canadian VTEC TURBO decal...

- The Accord goes in for full paint correction and CeramicPro on October 1st
- Will be debaged this weekend and a single HFP emblem will be placed on the rear trunk lid.
- Red JDM front & rear emblems are awaiting delivery...maybe next week.
- Will be tuned at King Motorsports very soon
- Lowering springs in the very near future

Here's a few pics of the car...

·
HK Moderator
13,390 Posts
Fight Club welcome for Michael!

1) How the heck was your username not taken before????

2) Are you southern Wisconsin, or more like Eagle River?

3) Did you order your free hard copy of the Honda owner's manual (available online in "web" or pdf formats too) from the Honda owner's site?

4) Darn good decision on the CeramicPro....

5) Are you sticking with those all-season tires since you will be using this for winter? Or getting winter tires?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome!

1) How the heck was your username not taken before???? It is a good one ;)

2) Are you southern Wisconsin, or more like Eagle River? Pewaukee area...About 25 mins west of Milwaukee

3) Did you order your free hard copy of the Honda owner's manual (available online in "web" or pdf formats too) from the Honda owner's site? I have not

4) Darn good decision on the CeramicPro....Thank you very much! I had my Cadillac ATS-V and my wife's Audi S4 done about a month ago...Amazing product.

5) Are you sticking with those all-season tires since you will be using this for winter? Or getting winter tires? I'm gonna roll with the stockers at first and see how they do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm trying to learn about Ceramic Pro. Is there just one type of Ceramic Pro to get? It's professionally applied I assume? How much did it cost?

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard. I am very excited to be in the presence of the Sausage King of Chicago.
It's okay, I get that a lot...I'm kinda of big deal.

I'm trying to learn about Ceramic Pro. Is there just one type of Ceramic Pro to get? It's professionally applied I assume? How much did it cost?

Thanks.
There are a handful of companies that do ceramic coating. CeramicPro is a name of one of those companies (Which I believe to be top tier).

There are licensed professional installers for the product.

Pricing depends on the color and condition of your vehicle. Black cars are typically the most expensive as they require the most work.

Your car must go through full paint correction prior to the application of ceramic coating.

The benefits of CeramicPro is; The gold package has a lifetime warranty, the coating(s) last the life of the vehicle, It's listed on your Carfax and actually increases the value of the vehicle, You'll never wax your car again, Nothing sticks to your car (ie; bugs, tar, dirt, bird (DIARRHEA), etc.), No more scratches, no more swirls, chip resistant, Even after a rain storm, you're car will look like you just detailed it. It's covered under insurance

Gold Package:
- 4 Layers of 9H
- 1 Extra Layer on Exposed Areas
- 1 Layer of “Light” as a Top Coat
- 1 Layer of 9H on Plastic, Rims and brake calipers
- 1 Layer of “Rain” on Windshield and Front Side windows
- Lifetime warranty and it's listed on your Carfax, so it'll actually increase your resale value. CeramicPro is also covered by insurance

Here's my ATS-V and my wife's S4

·
Registered
104 Posts

There are a handful of companies that do ceramic coating. CeramicPro is a name of one of those companies (Which I believe to be top tier).

Pricing depends on the color and condition of your vehicle. Black cars are typically the most expensive as they require the most work.

Your car must go through full paint correction prior to the application of ceramic coating.

The benefits of CeramicPro is; The gold package has a lifetime warranty, the coating(s) last the life of the vehicle, It's listed on your Carfax and actually increases the value of the vehicle, You'll never wax your car again, Nothing sticks to your car (ie; bugs, tar, dirt, bird (DIARRHEA), etc.), No more scratches, no more swirls, chip resistant, Even after a rain storm, you're car will look like you just detailed it. It's covered under insurance

Gold Package:
- 4 Layers of 9H
- Lifetime warranty and it's listed on your Carfax, so it'll actually increase your resale value. CeramicPro is also covered by insurance

Great info and thanks for the detail. How much did your Accord's coverage cost?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Gold Package:
- 4 Layers of 9H

Great info and thanks for the detail. How much did your Accord's coverage cost?
I got a stunner of a deal on the Accord because I just had my two other vehicles done. The ATSV and S4 were $2k each and the Accord cost me $1K. The up front cost is a hit for sure, but 100% worth it. No more car care products, no more wasted time detailing...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gentlemen's Type R

UPDATE:

Completed so far;
- 35% Tint
- CTR Engine Cover
- Honda Optional Blackout Grille
- VTEC Turbo Decal (Specific to Canadian market CTR)
- JDM Emblem

Coming Very Soon:
- Paint Correction and CeramicPro on Monday
- H&R Lowering springs and alignment
- Hondata Flashpro Tune
- OEM splash guards
- I'm having the rear "Exhaust Finishers" powder-coated gloss black

·
Banned
20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the part number for the all-black grille and what are the part numbers for the front and rear badges? Also...what else if anything is needed for the installation...and what needs to be removed to complete it? Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Follow the link I posted above.

Honda Part# 08F21-TVA-100
Description: Black Grille

Honda Part# 08F21-TVA-100B
Description: Black Chrome Insert

Honda Part# 75700-TGH-A01
Description: OEM "Red H" Civic Type R Front Emblem
- The rear Civic Type R badge is too small for the 2018 Honda Accord. Don't waste your time or money on the rear emblem. I'm still looking for an OEM JDM rear emblem that will fit the back of the 2018 Accord.

The entire front bumper needs to be removed to install the front grille. The front end is held on by roughly 20-25 push pins and 6 bolts (3 in each wheel well). You'll need a Philips head screwdriver and some plastic pry tools. If you're comfortable working on your own vehicles, this job will take you around 1 hour to complete.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Follow the link I posted above.

Honda Part# 08F21-TVA-100
Description: Black Grille

Honda Part# 08F21-TVA-100B
Description: Black Chrome Insert

Honda Part# 75700-TGH-A01
Description: OEM "Red H" Civic Type R Front Emblem
- The rear Civic Type R badge is too small for the 2018 Honda Accord. Don't waste your time or money on the rear emblem. I'm still looking for an OEM JDM rear emblem that will fit the back of the 2018 Accord.

The entire front bumper needs to be removed to install the front grille. The front end is held on by roughly 20-25 push pins and 6 bolts (3 in each wheel well). You'll need a Philips head screwdriver and some plastic pry tools. If you're comfortable working on your own vehicles, this job will take you around 1 hour to complete.
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I didn't realize that black piece would make such a big difference until I saw yours in your vehicle. I does give it a meaner look as opposed to the one that currently comes with the vehicle. I'm highly considering ordering now and like the fact that it is an OEM part.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't realize that black piece would make such a big difference until I saw yours in your vehicle. I does give it a meaner look as opposed to the one that currently comes with the vehicle. I'm highly considering ordering now and like the fact that it is an OEM part.
And the front grille is not very expensive or difficult to install. I agree it makes are huge difference. This is the grille the Accord should’ve come with stock.

·
port & polish everything
1,562 Posts
nice car and color, it deserves a better camera :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got finished with this wallpaper design in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop. I get the Accord back from ceramic coating this afternoon and then I'll load this onto the infotainment screen.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts