Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am currently looking for my next Accord and I have narrowed down my search on these two cars:

2018 Honda Accord Touring 1.5 (non-hybrid)
2019 Honda Accord Hybrid Base

I live in Canada so I think we get the Hybrid Base and no other trims except for the Hybrid Touring which is outside of my budget. I was given the same price for these two cars and I love them both!

What car do you think edges here? I love the Hybrid because it's very quiet especially the EV mode. But the Accord Touring has all the fully loaded features one can get in a car. And for the Hybrid owners there, if you were given a chance to get the 2018 Accord Touring, would you still get the Hybrid Base?

·
2018 Accord Hybrid EX-L
136 Posts
Canada base Hybrid trims are much better equipped than the US trims. Obviously the Touring will be completely kitted out, but I checked the standard features on the base Hybrid and it has a lot of good stuff and pretty much everything you'll truly need. What it comes down to for you is what are your needs/wants. Do you want to trade things like the heads up display, vented seats (though probably not used as much in Canada), leather seats, etc. for better fuel economy?

Also how many miles do you drive a year? If you don't put a lot on there isn't a benefit to the Hybrid. Also if the vast majority is highway or long stretches like that the 1.5T will get close to the Hybrid, especially if you drive over 65mph. If you regularly drive 75mph or so the delta between the Hybrid and the regular gas goes down, again making the fuel savings from the Hybrid negligible.

I bought a Hybrid but I got an EX-L because I wanted some of the features it had that the base and EX didn't in the US such as a leather steering wheel, homelink, and better radio. Those things come standard on your base model, so I probably still would have stuck with the Hybrid if I was getting a Canadian base, but if it was a US spec car I'd take the Touring all day over our base Hybrid trim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seminole, I really don't need the heated steering wheel, HUD, vented seats and if I wanted to leather up the interior, I know some shops that does that. I will be driving within the speed limit which is around 65mph on highway and mostly I will be driving in the city so the Hybrid is definitely something I am leaning towards.

The only problem for the Hybrid is that the dealer told me that they will be getting their deliveries in Spring!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.