Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my stock 19" wheels for new 17" wheels and tires. My goal was to obtain a smoother ride. I noticed right away that my brakes seemed to be a bit more sensitive or sticky right before coming to a complete stop. I also am concerned about the speedometer being accurate although, I am assuming that is more of an issue if you are increasing your wheel size, not decreasing. Lastly, even though the tire pressure is spot on with the new tires, the warning light keeps engaging. I wonder if this has to do with the different size wheel/tires?? Any thoughts?

Honda Enthusiast
I drive a BMW now. 馃嚛馃嚜
Any change in wheel size will result in speedometer variance. As for your TPMS light, you need to reset the system and calibrate.

Registered
What size tires did you get? They need to be pretty close to the stock size.

2010 2.4EX
When you minus-sized(from 19鈥 to 17鈥 wheels), how did it effect the steering? Did it become 鈥榟eavier鈥 - requiring more effort from you to steer?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke with Honda yesterday. Once I reset the system, I am good. To reset, I had to calibrate three times with 4 seconds in between each calibration. The light comes on for a of couple seconds and goes off to confirm it was reset. It hasn't come in since but I've only driven about 8 miles since the reset and calibration.
The new tires are 225/50R17. The old tires were Yokohama 235/40R19
I purchased the Goodyear Assurance Comfort/Drive tires. So far, I am not noticing a big difference in an improved ride.

2010 2.4EX
K Man, no, the steering is the same. No issues.
In theory, when switching from a wider wheel and tire package to a narrower one, same overall diameter, the narrower, higher profile tire will tend to want to track straighter, and resist steering input to a greater degree. Which is not really an issue, especially for someone like me, who is already a twitchy driver(!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts