Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2019 Accord 1.5 gas door don’t open

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DOHC 
#1 ·
I have search a little but not much luck.
So still not snowing here and yesterday was about 6 degree Celsius, so don’t see freezing for this case.
Own this car for 30 months never before. I can’t get it to open at the gas station. Tried fire up the engine and off it. No go. Multiple tries driving it for a minute and stop and open. Tried it with engine running, engine off, when in gear, reverse….. ya I know sounded desperate right LOL. Anyways, finally park and off the car and the door decided to open for me.
So? What happened here? What should I do when this happen again?

#4 ·
IIRC the door is supposed to work the same way all the other doors work on the car. When they're unlocked, it's unlocked and vice-versa. Maybe the little electronic actuator part that turns the latch on the inside of your gas cap area is failing. You can hear it in operation if you stand near the gas cap door and lock and unlock the doors with the remote. I think you can see it with when the door is open too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.