Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plz someone help

on my way to work today was talking to my friend on phone while talking to him speakers stop working then after hanging up tried playing song still no sound restarted my car still no sound, what can cause this problem dont know what to do next plz help
thank you

·
Registered
648 Posts
plz someone help

on my way to work today was talking to my friend on phone while talking to him speakers stop working then after hanging up tried playing song still no sound restarted my car still no sound, what can cause this problem dont know what to do next plz help
thank you
I'm going to guess that your 2019 is still under warranty. Take it to the dealer and have them investigate.

Strangely, you aren't the first person to complain about the audio not working. Have you made any alterations to your audio system- or is it stock?

Like I said- if it's stock- just take it to the dealer and have them fix under warranty.

Reactions: coolindian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to guess that your 2019 is still under warranty. Take it to the dealer and have them investigate.

Strangely, you aren't the first person to complain about the audio not working. Have you made any alterations to your audio system- or is it stock?

Like I said- if it's stock- just take it to the dealer and have them fix under warranty.
thanks for reaching out

yes its stock unit.

also since factory speaker wasnt good in front i have them changed to Rockford speakers

·
Registered
648 Posts
thanks for reaching out

yes its stock unit.

also since factory speaker wasnt good in front i have them changed to Rockford speakers
So in this case, I'd likely take your car back to the place that swapped out your speakers and have them diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You have a short, same thing happened to me when I upgraded my speakers. I was careless in how I put my panels back and it allowed water to seep in and short out the front driver speaker. But it doesn't have to be water, a pinched wire or exposed wire can cause the same thing. On the Accord, if one speaker has a short, all the others will cut off to protect the system. You can easily tell something is wrong just by listening for the opening chime when you get in your car. That sound should always be made no matter what, so if it's not there, the speakers have a problem for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have a short, same thing happened to me when I upgraded my speakers. I was careless in how I put my panels back and it allowed water to seep in and short out the front driver speaker. But it doesn't have to be water, a pinched wire or exposed wire can cause the same thing. On the Accord, if one speaker has a short, all the others will cut off to protect the system. You can easily tell something is wrong just by listening for the opening chime when you get in your car. That sound should always be made no matter what, so if it's not there, the speakers have a problem for sure.
thanks for your guys help it was wire that got unplugged

it working now

:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 2018 and sometimes Sirius radio audio doesn't come on. The graphics are on the screen and I can change channels but no audio. Then, other times when there is no audio on Sirius I change the channel and then the audio starts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts