Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,576 Posts
When can we expect to see 2020 Accords hitting dealer lots,
For real? This was posted 2 months ago. All you had to do was read this thread.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobiles/releases/release-f208666ebede149755e901516f00ff28-americas-best-sedan-2020-honda-accord-heading-to-dealerships
September 16, 2019 — TORRANCE, Calif.​
With a choice of two turbocharged engines, standard Honda Sensing®, and a spacious and high-tech interior, the 2020 Honda Accord begins arriving at dealer showrooms tomorrow, September 17, with a starting Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $23,8701 (excluding $930 destination and handing). The 2020 Accord Hybrid on-sale will be announced separately.​

any potential changes from the 2019 models ?
Yes. Higher starting price and fee for destination and handling. And no more 1.5T Touring trim.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
For real? This was posted 2 months ago. All you had to do was read this thread.
Yes. Higher starting price and fee for destination and handling. And no more 1.5T Touring trim.
And your info is a year late. The 1.5 Touring was NOT available for the 2019 model year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was talking to a friend who works for Honda. He said that December 2019 is the last month the Accord Sport 2.0 manual transmission will be manufactured. It’s supposed to be discontinued for the 2021 model year too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope he is wrong. I do like a manual option but Honda did say they are cutting back trim levels by 1/3 starting in 2021. There are also no more manuals scheduled to be manufactured after December at this point.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I hope he is wrong. I do like a manual option but Honda did say they are cutting back trim levels by 1/3 starting in 2021. There are also no more manuals scheduled to be manufactured after December at this point.
I'm not a product planner for Honda so I can't say for sure, but the Accord has been on a 5 year cycle since 1998 which means the 2021 will be a refresh of the current generation. Based purely on the past, Honda won't make any major powertrain modifications. I also thought the world was gonna end in 2012 so I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I was talking to a friend who works for Honda. He said that December 2019 is the last month the Accord Sport 2.0 manual transmission will be manufactured. It’s supposed to be discontinued for the 2021 model year too.
What does this fellow "who works for Honda" do?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
As it is, with the manual only available for the sport trim, they've severely cut down on numbers. If anything, this should've helped Honda because now they only have to fit MTs on two variants, the 1.5 and 2.0 Sport, instead of the old lineup of all trims and combos except for the v6 sedan for 9th gen. Sad, but money drives all of these decisions when they eventually do happen

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Industrial engineer.
Really? This is your response? "Industrial Engineer".

Are you guys laughing, or are you trying to figure out how to save the troll post?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Burrito.

Who's next in this game of "random words and phrases"? Kidding -- I assume what you're saying is that you have a friend who works for Honda as an Industrial Engineer, and he has inexplicably shared production schedules for the Accord with you. Amirite?
Astute assessment. My guess is that Friend believes he's prev-yd to confidential information that is most likely inaccurate.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm not sure if this is just for the 2020 model year or if it is permanent. The Accord is up for a MMC for MY2021 after all...but according to several sources the 6MT combos are no longer being produced for the 2020 model. A source over at vtec.net has confirmed it, several in the Accord groups on facebook have confirmed it as well.

I hope it stays for the MMC...cause I'm holding out to get one once the MMC happens but if its automatic only I'm gonna pass.

Any sales people/Honda big wigs in here heard this news?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Man, that is unfortunate if true. We must save the manuals!
I used to buy them and agreed with the sentiment. Then automatics got better and faster than one can row their own gears, and I jumped ship. I don't expect manual transmissions on sedans will exist much longer.

101 - 120 of 161 Posts