Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
The 2020 Accord was announced today with no known changes.

This simply cannot be true. There have been vigorous...strenuous, even...assertions on this board that Honda absolutely WILL do a quick refresh to take care of the offensive (to them) design elements on the 10G Accord so that they can go ahead and not buy one anyway.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
@zroger73 You seem very well connected to Honda corporate and always have insightful posts.
Do you have any data (or can point to) Accord sales by engine (1.5 vs 2.0) and trim level?
Based on dealer inventories:

Approximately 13% of Accords are equipped with the 2.0L engine.

Approximately 73% of Accords are the LX, Sport, and EX trims with the 1.5L engine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
2020 Accord goes on sale 9/17 according to Car and Driver

• The Honda Accord is getting a slight price hike for the 2020 model year.
  • LX, EX, and Touring models go up by $185, while the Sport (pictured) goes up by $385.
  • There are no changes to the Accord for 2020, but we're expecting a refresh for the 2021 model year that will likely arrive next fall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 2020 Accord PDI instructions were released to dealers today as TSB's 19-092 and 19-093. All 2019 trim levels carry over. There is no mention of any functional changes. Expect the official announcement within the next week or two.
Boom! 2020 Honda Accord announced today Sept 16th, 2019 with the 2020MY going on sale on Tuesday, Sep 17th, 2019

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,146 Posts
Does anyone happen to know if the Honda FIT will continue in the US? Dealer has no clue yet.
Will Honda continue to sell in the U.S. a vehicle that puts up better annual sales numbers than the Honda Clarity, Insight, Ridgeline, Acura ILX, TLX, RLX, and roughly on par with the RDX and MDX? Geez. That's a tough one.

We'll have to wait a few more months to find out.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1024102_2020-honda-fit-spy-shots-and-video

2020 Honda Fit Spy Shots and Video
June 6, 2019
The Honda Fit, known as a Jazz in some markets, is about to be redesigned.
Prototypes have been spotted and reveal a rounder, more streamlined shape for the new subcompact hatch. The prototypes also provide a glimpse at the new interior design which looks to feature a large infotainment screen in the center of the dash.
Honda is thought to be planning a hybrid powertrain as the sole option for the Fit in the United States. It will likely be a variation of the setup used in the latest Insight, where a 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle inline-4 is pair with two electric motors that replace the transmission. The Insight's 151-horsepower rating may detuned, though, since the current Fit develops just 128 hp from its 1.5-liter inline-4.
There's also the slight possibility that Honda eventually adds an electric powertrain in a new Fit EV. This way, the automaker will have an option in markets that miss out on the Honda E, an upcoming electric car based on 2017's Urban EV concept. The funky EV is currently earmarked for Europe only.
Look for a debut of the new Fit in October at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show. The car should arrive in showrooms shortly after as a 2020 model.
Two of the Fit's main rivals, the Nissan Versa and Toyota Yaris, have also been redesigned for 2020.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Here's an opposing perspective:

Citing "rapidly declining sales" and rumors about the plant where the Fit is made, Car and Driver doubts the 2020 Fit will be sold in the US.

While the Fit had a dismal Q4 2018 and Q1 2019, sales have bounced back up to previous levels. Considering the Fit's price and target demographic, you can bet that profits are razor thin so it takes a lot more Fit sales to generate the same amount of profit as a more expensive model.

Honda has been quiet on the Fit and it isn't teased on the "future vehicles" page of their website. Earlier this year, Honda committed to reducing trim level bloat. They claim they don't intend to reduce the number of models - just trims.

Also, the Fit is already pricey relative to its competitors. A standard hybrid powertrain is likely to widen the price gap. All things considered, I wouldn't be surprised if the Fit didn't return for 2020 here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The 2020 Accords are now on honda.com and can be configured "Built". I don't see any difference in the lineup or features from the 2019's (+$150). The 2020 Hybrid is identified but cannot be configured at this time.

The updated 2020 CR-V is also on honda.com - pictures but no details. New front end and a Hybrid model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve only had my 2019 EX-L a few weeks and love it but I’d be happy to upgrade to a 2020 Hybrid if they added a front camera, better yet a surround camera system, and front/rear parking sensors. I doubt it but you never know. Honda is in a fight against Toyota for Hybrid dominance and they both need to keep upping each other.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I’ve only had my 2019 EX-L a few weeks and love it but I’d be happy to upgrade to a 2020 Hybrid if they added a front camera, better yet a surround camera system, and front/rear parking sensors.
*Only if it's better than the 360º camera Honda uses on the RDX! :) Each of the four cameras on mine had a different tint under different lighting conditions. Nissan does 360º cameras very well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, yeah if the 360 system is going to suck, I’ll skip it. It’s not hard to make a good system. Honda does seem to do things the hard way sometimes. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn’t. I thought most companies bought their advanced electronics and safety system from outside companies like Continental and the like. IDK. Why reinvent the wheel everytime?

I thought the Hybrid was yet to be available on the Build page. I see the other models though. Anyway, I’m very happy with my 2019. I like it more than I ever imagined I would. Never say never.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The 2020 Accords are now on honda.com and can be configured "Built". I don't see any difference in the lineup or features from the 2019's (+$150). The 2020 Hybrid is identified but cannot be configured at this time.

The updated 2020 CR-V is also on honda.com - pictures but no details. New front end and a Hybrid model.
Yeah, I was very interested to see that they are finally going to offer a hybrid CR-V in the US, using the same drive-train as in the Accord Hybrid. But, I saw in an Autoweek article that the hybrid CR-V probably won't be out until springtime.... Might be too late for me, as I am looking to get a replacement for my 2010 Outback (221k miles) sometime in the next 2-3 months. (Or, can I hold out until spring???)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone know if Honda will fix the Audio system in 2020 or 2021? It is really bad for a car of this class.
Car of what class, entry level midsize sedan? Honda makes basic transportation for the masses. They call their "nice" cars Acura.
I Realize the Accord is not a not a luxury car or without it’s share of imperfections and shortcomings. It is, though, by any reasonable definition, a nice car and quite a nice one at that. One of those shortcomings, however, is the mediocre stereo system, even after accounting for it’s less than Acura level price point.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I Realize the Accord is not a not a luxury car or without it’s share of imperfections and shortcomings. It is, though, by any reasonable definition, a nice car and quite a nice one at that. One of those shortcomings, however, is the mediocre stereo system, even after accounting for it’s less than Acura level price point.
Agreed, but I've been surprised at how much better it sounds with streaming audio. I'm not sure how they managed to make FM radio sound so terrible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
. . . There are no updates for 2020. This has been posted numerous times.
[Edited to correct the numerous typos!]

I'm coming in a tad late on subject of "What's new for 2020?" but I just discovered that manual transmission Accords no longer cost less than Accords with CVTs or 10-speed automatics. It may take a while, but this deliberate step by American Honda may discourage prospective buyers from choosing an MT car.

It was always inevitable that Honda would stop manufacturing MT Accords, but Honda's ending the discount for MT cars shifts responsibility for the lack of demand onto potential buyers. ["Gee, we would have continued to manufacture them, but there were no potential buyers."]

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm coming in a tad late on subject of "What's new for 2020?" but in the course of using Honda.com's "build" function, I just realized that manual transmission Accords are no longer cost less than Accords with CVTs or 10-speed automatics. It may take a while but this a deliberate step by American Honda to discourage prospective buyers from choosing an MT car.

It was always inevitable that Honda would stop manufacturing MT Accords, but Honda's ending the discount for MT cars shifts responsibility for the lack of demand onto potential buyers. ["Gee, we would have continued to manufacture them, but there were no potential buyers."]
According to the build your own site, the 2019 had the same prices for manual vs 10 speed/CVT so this isn't a change for 2020.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The manual and automatic transmissions in the 10th Accord have always been the same price.

While the manual transmission is less complex than the automatic, there are far fewer made so the actual production cost is likely similar due to economies of scale.

I've seen the manual transmission cost extra in some vehicles.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts