Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure if this is just for the 2020 model year or if it is permanent. The Accord is up for a MMC for MY2021 after all...but according to several sources the 6MT combos are no longer being produced for the 2020 model. A source over at vtec.net has confirmed it, several in the Accord groups on facebook have confirmed it as well.

I hope it stays for the MMC...cause I'm holding out to get one once the MMC happens but if its automatic only I'm gonna pass.

Any sales people/Honda big wigs in here heard this news?
Do you mean the 2020 Sport 2.0T manual I just bought this week is fake? LOL Maybe this is true for 2021? Who knows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jeff at TOV says:

“What I have been told is that officially there have been no announcements for changes to the Accord for 2021 model year, as of yet. So it is not yet known whether or not the 6MT is disappearing.

Having said that, the mere existence of the 6MT Accord depends upon people buying them in decent numbers. So to ensure the future of the 6MT Accord, more people need to buy them.”

So there you have it. It’s a non-issue. Go buy one, I did, the water’s fine! If you do, maybe Honda will continue making them.

·
HK Moderator
13,424 Posts
A source over at vtec.net has confirmed it, several in the Accord groups on facebook have confirmed it as well.
Define "confirmed" please. To me, they are citing each other as a "source". So yes, there is confirmation that someone said it was confirmed.

Last year we had about 6 knucklehead tuner salesmen start posting false information and time slips on Instagram, Facebook, and several Honda forums. They would cite each other as "proof". When the commission checks stopped, so did they.

Jeff at TOV says:
“What I have been told is that officially there have been no announcements for changes to the Accord for 2021 model year, as of yet."
That is literally a "non-declarative statement". The 2020 Accord just went on sale 2 months ago, of course Honda will not announce changes to the next model run so soon. Told by "whom"? Why isn't that "official"?

Are we really citing the FacialBook as a source of truth, justice, and the automotive way?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Define "confirmed" please. To me, they are citing each other as a "source". So yes, there is confirmation that someone said it was confirmed.

Last year we had about 6 knucklehead tuner salesmen start posting false information and time slips on Instagram, Facebook, and several Honda forums. They would cite each other as "proof". When the commission checks stopped, so did they.

That is literally a "non-declarative statement". The 2020 Accord just went on sale 2 months ago, of course Honda will not announce changes to the next model run so soon. Told by "whom"? Why isn't that "official"?

Are we really citing the FacialBook as a source of truth, justice, and the automotive way?
Thing is Jeff is the Honda guru...he goes to all of the auto shows, all the Honda ride and drive events so he's a pretty good source. He has the ear of Honda in the way a lot of us regular folks dont. All the people who are saying the production for the 6spd manual Accord is done for the year all happen to be salespeople on facebook/vtec.net. It's not like they are trying to sell me a product, they are just passing along information as they get it. I was skeptical at first too, but more and more people who work in the dealerships are telling more and more of us that the manual is going away at least for the rest of the model year.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Do you mean the 2020 Sport 2.0T manual I just bought this week is fake? LOL Maybe this is true for 2021? Who knows.
Obviously what it means is that they aren't producing anymore at the factory. :p I hope its not true, but I keep seeing it everywhere...three different Accord groups on facebook. Seeing as how Honda has dropped the manual options in the past (2010 Accord was the last year to get an EX-L sedan with a stick in the US) I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just hoping that the 2020 model year will be short, 2021 will be the facelift and Honda will just limit the number of manuals they build thru the end of this generation. One can hope I suppose.

·
HK Moderator
13,424 Posts
Agreed.

I know that Dodge used to just build a certain type until they ran out of engines, then that engine would no longer be offered. That would sometimes happen in the middle of a production run. Like they produced only 1,000 engines for the model year and when they were installed, that was it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going off the mid-cycle refresh of the CRV and Civic, Im expecting the changes for the Accord to be minimal. I'm hoping they keep the MT for the remainder of this gen cause I dont see it carrying over in the 11th Gen if they are planning to cut trim levels and options to 1/3 of what is currently available across the board by 2025.

As for possible AWD in this gen to counter the Camry, I'm thinking its withheld till the Accord is on the new Honda Architecture platform. If it gets really bad in terms of sales, who knows maybe this gen wounds up being 4 years only. Seems like the current CEO is really eager to transition to the new platform that started after he took over in 2015 assuming a 5-yearish design cycle.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Part of the reason I purchased a 2016 was because I was certain the 10th Gen would have no manual. Then they went and offered the manual on the bigger engine. Go figure.

No one knows what Honda is gonna do until they done did it. Carry on as usual.

Now if we could just get AWD....

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Remember all the auto experts who went on some factory tour when Honda was preparing to release the 10th Gen Accords? Those pundits all swore that Honda would offer a 10th Gen Accord Coupe, and look where that got us...

Like @glanzera21 said above, "No one knows what Honda is gonna do until they done did it." Amen...

·
2007 Acura RDX!
64 Posts
Car of what class, entry level midsize sedan? Honda makes basic transportation for the masses. They call their "nice" cars Acura.
I stay on the Acura forum a lot. We're usually envious of what Honda has been pumping out as of late.

Most guys usually get an Audi for some reason... Usually a dirty one! 😆

121 - 132 of 132 Posts