Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
port & polish everything
1,554 Posts
2020 MY already in dealer ordering system, which they are implying 2021 mid-model change (MMC) may then be available earlier in 2020. For those of you planning out your next purchase.

https://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1380333

We received the following screen shots showing 2020 Accords already appearing in Honda's order system. It is somewhat interesting to see them appearing so early in the year because last year, the 2019 Accords appeared later than expected.

What does it mean? We're not sure, but it could suggest that the 2021 Accord mid-cycle model change (MMC) will be released early in calendar year 2020.

·
port & polish everything
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
302 Posts
My concern is, and I know I'm in minority here is they'll drop the manual transmission during the refresh or might just limit it to the 1.5T like they did for the past 10 years (manual sedan only available in lower trims and weak engines). The 2.0T is a hard sell to begin with, let alone with a MT. It's a very small group of buyers. Someone posted the numbers here before, 2.0T 6MT compromises less than 1% of Accord production and they're heavily discounted so cost to make them vs profit is pretty deep in the negatives. If there's still a 2.0T 6MT during the MY 2022, I may pick one up right before 2023 when 11th Gen comes out. By then all bugs will be gone and hopefully there won't be any electrical gremlins that we, the early adopters are seeing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This suggests that the 2020 models will appear in dealer showrooms earlier in the last Q of 2019 than the 2019s did, since this is simply the 2019 model being stickered as a 2020 model barring any changes/improvements whats the big deal if any ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Car of what class, entry level midsize sedan? Honda makes basic transportation for the masses. They call their "nice" cars Acura.
Sure. But the Audio of the Accord is worse than even basic commuter cars. We have a 6 year old Honda and 9 year old Ford - all of them sound miles better than the the current premium audio of the 10th Gen Accord.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are we talking playback from external devices or reception am/fm, Sirius radio ? my 2015 ATS despite Bose speakers has very poor reception.

·
Banned
302 Posts
Sure. But the Audio of the Accord is worse than even basic commuter cars. We have a 6 year old Honda and 9 year old Ford - all of them sound miles better than the the current premium audio of the 10th Gen Accord.
I have no complaints on audio in mine. But I'm the type that doesn't even listen to music half the time so I'm not a good judge of it. I also find it laughable when people say no sunroof is a deal-braker on a car. 28 out of 30 cars I've owned probably had sunroof and I never, ever use it. Such a useless thing on a car.

·
Registered
650 Posts
A little over dramatic don't you think? What are you driving, an Accord DX or Accord LX?

Nonetheless, I totally disagree with your assessment. My Accord Touring's audio system sounds great. Maybe because I'm not expecting my car audio to sound like my Home Theater Surround Sound System, especially when I drive with my windows down a lot ... Oh yeah, and with my moonroof wide open.

·
Roll Tide!
7,413 Posts
:boohoo:
Alright, Gump. Listen up! Did you NOT sit in the seat and check out the audio features and performance of the 10G Accord BEFORE you bought/leased it? If you did, and you bought it anyway, your whining is amusing as holy he-double toothpicks, bro. Sell it and get something else. I recommend Dodge. If you bought the 10G without checking it out first, you are not ready to take the braces off your legs yet.
:x

·
Registered
747 Posts
When does 2020 model start selling?

I assume October?

I might hold off until then.

Maybe get a 2019 at a better price. Maybe get a better 10th gen in the 3rd year?

(Was supposed to buy in late March, but some travel got delayed so I skipped. Plan is now to buy in late April. One benefit of procrastinating is I'm saving[1] about $1000 / month so my downpayment is getting bigger...).

[1] This means your granddad's kind of "saving": putting cash into a bank account.

·
Banned
302 Posts
I'm going to upgrade mine when refreshed model comes out which should be sometime late in 2020. I am really not a fan of current rear end and if Japanese version of the Accord (Inspire) is anything to go on, the rear end is going to look significantly better when the refreshed version comes out. If you don't mind waiting until October, you might as well wait for next October. I think 2021 and 2022 model year are going to be the best ones and all growing pains (early production) should be gone by then. Better to spend some money to fix what you have now and wait for MMC than to get 2020 model year.

·
Registered
747 Posts
^ ^

Thanks guys.

That's a bit disappointing.

I feel the need to change cars this year - before next winter. The 2003 is running fine but recently seems to be using more oil (I haven't figured that out yet) and while otherwise runs fine, I fear a major failure might come. The winter tires are due to be replaced too - I'd rather buy those for a new car!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Early introduction or not if Honda follows previous Gens the 2020 model will be unchanged, 2021 will see a "refresh" and 2023 will be 11th Gen car. The 2.0T/10sp is only available for EX-Ls and the Sport model , it is a considerable price jump in the Sport model but 2k for 30k EX-L buyers to consider from what I have read on this forum about 15% of Accords get the 2.0T, just saying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any buzz on what updates might come with 2020 hybrid and release date?

Hey guys,

Any buzz on what if any updates might come with the 2020 model?

Also, when might Honda actually release the 2020 Accord Hybrid?

·
Banned
302 Posts
Hey guys,

Any buzz on what if any updates might come with the 2020 model?

Also, when might Honda actually release the 2020 Accord Hybrid?
Nothing. Maybe color add and/or delete but absolutely nothing in terms of features, updates or anything else. M2021 will have minor updates (refreshed front and back, few interior things, etc.). Don't expect V6 to return or some other big news.

·
Registered
487 Posts
don’t have any desire updating to a 10th gen unless Honda gives a significant refresh to the rear and if the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine returns
You'll be driving your car for the rest of your time on this planet if you're waiting for the 2.4L to come back. Not happening with fuel efficiency standards.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
41 Participants
zroger73
Drive Accord Honda Forums
Drive Accord forum, a community where Honda Accord owners can discuss reviews, service, parts, and share mods.
Full Forum Listing