Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

So i've ordered all my gear to have a sound system upgrade put into my car. I will be running a total of 1900W RMS between the sub and Mid/Hi's amp. I am now concerned with the cars electrical system. Should I be OK with the factory battery and amp? If not, what upgrades would you recommend for this amount of watts?

TIA

· More cars, more problems
487 Posts
I would probably upgrade your big three to 1/0 gauge, and use 1/0 gauge from battery to power distribution in the rear. An AGM battery wouldn't hurt, from my experience I can recommend XS Power.

Unless you plan on spending awhile sitting at idle and blasting audio, you'll probably be fine with that. Otherwise, you'll need more alternator than the Accord's 130A one can offer.

· Registered
15 Posts
Is that 1900 including amp efficiency?
how many watts are going to the SUB?
how many watts are going to the mid/highs?

roughly 1900/13.8 = 138 amps, I think the factory alternator is 130 amps or so. Sounds like you will be pushing it for sure. Maybe a AMG battery will help because the alternator will not be able to produce the power you're looking for. What is really going to matter is how loud you drive around all the time. If you're full volume all the time with bass heavy music your battery will likely be depleted. Best option is to upgrade alternator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts