Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

461 - 480 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I drove the TLX V6, it was an inferior car to a 10th gen Accord. Old school infotainment was a non-starter... The cohesive, near-luxury feel of the 10th gen EX-L or Touring is a large step above any previous top trim Accord. Hell, it's a better car than the 2020 TLX (which is a gussied up 9th gen Accord), in any trim.
I don't even see anything in the 2021 TLX that makes me want to jump ship. Nice interior, good sound system (I can still have a better aftermarket one for less than 2k), but no pano roof, no 360 camera, smaller back seat, same powertrain as the Accord and almost a full second slower to 60 for 47k? Unless you must have a sedan AND AWD (and Acura doesn't come off MSRP nearly as much as Honda does). They can keep that thing...
Now the Type-S? Yeah, that's enticing. I can't wait to drive it.
Not trying to derail the thread too much, but I completely agree with you on the TLX. I can't wait to get rid of my 2015 Advanced model. The AWD is great, the V6 is solid too, but the 9 speed transmission is an abomination. The real problem is you don't realize that in short test drives or at least I didn't. None of the reviews I watched (all of them at the time) said much of it ether, but it's not until you really experience it over time you realize how bad it is for a car in 2015 or later and especially for that price.

I've had so many issues with mine... just spent $1400 this month on a leak and moonroof drain line issues (out of warranty). My AC fan is rumbling/vibrating (like a bearing is going bad), but the tech at the dealer says it's fine. I expect that to die soon and probably another $1K or more. In almost 6 years I've spent more on repairs than anything else I've ever owned. Constant issues with Idle Stop (won't start up again), wonky ACC/LKAS, Bluetooth randomly goes out all the time, multiple warranty issues, recalls and a lot of annoyances in general. I absolutely loved my 2005 TSX (best car I ever owned) and drove it as long as I could. I thought the TLX was the next logical choice and upgrade, so I went for it with the Advanced model. Biggest mistake I've ever made with car and hugely regret it. Every time I get in it is constant reminder, but tried to get through it for the long haul.

And I really like my wifes 2015 RDX which has been rock solid so far. I'm a big fan of Acura and Honda in general, but would never consider a 2015-2020 TLX and would do my best to talk anyone out of it. I'm too burned to even consider a 2021 and think the 2020/2021 Accord Touring is a superior value and overall just a far better car. I'm just not spending that kind of money on a car again any time soon (not worth it to me). Live and learn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Of all the 2021 mid cycle updates, the one I’d really want on my 2019 Touring is Wireless Apple CarPlay. Any chance Honda will offer this feature via a download (even at a cost) or would hardware need to be installed? Is this even a realistic thought or should I learn to deal with not being able to have wireless on my 2019? P.S.: I don’t want to use an after market adapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm not a fan of the gloss black side mirrors on the Sport trims. Is the rear lip spoiler that comes on the 2021 Sport/Sport SE/Sport 2.0t now gloss black too? Not a fan.

Of all the 2021 mid cycle updates, the one I’d really want on my 2019 Touring is Wireless Apple CarPlay. Any chance Honda will offer this feature via a download (even at a cost) or would hardware need to be installed? Is this even a realistic thought or should I learn to deal with not being able to have wireless on my 2019? P.S.: I don’t want to use an after market adapter.

I really don't mind plugging my iPhone in to take advantage of CarPlay. Plus that has the side benefit of charging the phone while you have it sitting in the cupholder or center console.

Will Honda make it possible to upgrade a 2020 or earlier Accord with wireless CarPlay? Most likely not.

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh nice! It's too bad the interior colors are the same. I would love to have a brown/expresso interior. The Ivory and Grey get dirty to easily while the black is a bit boring.

I'm guessing we are 1 - 2 weeks away from the official word from Honda on the 2021 Accord. The media embargo on the brand new TLX gets lifted on 9/24 so I imagine the 2021 Accord will follow soon after.
Yes! Why is it that the nice interior colors are usually extremely limited or only on luxury/sports cars. I love the peanut butter interiors or even some reds. We could even go back to have dark blue interiors, anything but light gray or beige.

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.0T
56 Posts
So far I don't care for the grille changes...who at Honda thought that adding more chrome would be a good idea. Welcome to 2021, people spend money covering up the chrome as it is.
And a good deal of it will be covered by the license plate, which isn’t shown on the ads.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
So far I don't care for the grille changes...who at Honda thought that adding more chrome would be a good idea. Welcome to 2021, people spend money covering up the chrome as it is.
I'm not quite ready put chrome in the same category as pin stripe, white wall tires, or 8-track cassettes. I like chrome on luxury and near-luxury models - its absence makes a vehicle look cheap to me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
" the 192HP 1.5-liter and 252HP 2.0-liter turbo engines, they get updated engine management software for more linear and responsive throttle control."

So, what about the 2018-2020. will they get the software update?
That's just something some pencil pusher came up with as a marketing gimmick. Bunch of catchy phrases. Absolute no increase in numbers. The only thing that I truly appreciate is the major add-ons to the Sport 2.0T (high beam LED, wireless android/carplay, wireless phone charger, low-speed brake follow, 2nd row USB ports....THAT is proper. The Sport 2.0T already had a myriad of extras like heated seats and mirrors, sunroof, blind-spot, rear-cross traffic alerts, walk away lock, remote starter, etc. The Sport 2.0T is hands down THE best trim to get. TRAGIC that the 6MT didn't survive to see these additional options added on. Imagine having all of the above and a row-your-own option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not a fan of Honda's boring interiors but I'm very happy about the Sonic Gray Pearl being available on the Touring. I was all about Modern Steel Metallic but the SGP has me drooling. I really like that color on the Civic and it's rare for me to have an exterior color that I like instead of just one that I prefer.

Yes! Why is it that the nice interior colors are usually extremely limited or only on luxury/sports cars. I love the peanut butter interiors or even some reds. We could even go back to have dark blue interiors, anything but light gray or beige.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think this has been mentioned, but in some of the photos it would appear that a protective screen has been added behind the front bumper to provide extra protection for the intercooler/radiator area. I don't recall ever seeing that on the 2018-2020 models.

·
19 EX-L 2.0 Obsidian Blue
45 Posts
Sad to see that the EX-L 2.0T trim level is gone. The EX-L trim has everything that I want (especially now that it has wireless Android Auto), without the ridiculously-large (and damage-prone) 19" wheels and tires that come standard on the Sport and Touring. Now, if I want the 2.0T engine option, I have to either stretch upwards to the more-expensive Touring, or settle for the Sport 2.0T and lose many of the features that I'd really like to have (memory seats, auto-dimming mirror, leather, LED mirror turn signals, and "premium" audio with wireless Android Auto and wireless phone charger). Either way, I'd be stuck with those giant wheels that, IMHO, aren't worth the ride penalty, mileage penalty, theft risk, or the potential of popping a tire on a pothole (not an issue with 17's and 50-series rubber). As enticing as a Sport 2.0T in Sonic Gray Pearl may be for purely aesthetic reasons, I just don't think I could make all of those sacrifices for mere curb appeal.

Guess I'm stuck in the slow lane with the EX-L 1.5T or EX-L Hybrid if I want an Accord with the feature set that I prefer.
So my 2019 EX-L 2.0t,(discontinued), Obsidian Blue (discontinued), Gray Leather (discontinued) is a unicorn :)

·
2020 CBP Touring
764 Posts
Never understood the hate for the taillights but it does seem almost unanimous around here.
I don't mind them either. Depends on the paint color of the vehicle for me. Black and especially Red look best to my eye. On a white Accord? I'd probably change them.
Depends on the time of day too...At night, on my black touring at about 10 feet behind the car, they look downright fantastic IMO.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Overlord so you dont think they might have change the throttle mapping to make the peddle more responsive?
I dont like the chrome either but I will cover it up. I just sold my car. I have a choice. I can get either the 2020 or the 2021 in lunar silver Touring. I love the new wheels if you guys could choose money not the deciding factor would you go 2020 or 2021.

461 - 480 of 533 Posts