Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

481 - 500 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love the new wheels if you guys could choose money not the deciding factor would you go 2020 or 2021.
For me, 2021 is an easy choice and what I plan to get Q1 or Q2 next year. I think the improvements are good and I love the new 19" wheels. That said, if I already had a 2020 or just recently got one I wouldn't be all that upset or felt like I was missing out. Both seem like great cars.

·
2018 LX
161 Posts
My guess would be LX (left), EX-L (middle), Touring (right) while the Sport is unchanged with three accessory wheels including one carryover (black), and two new designs including black/machined and black/machined/bronze.

View attachment 524935
View attachment 524936
View attachment 524937
Disappointed with the 2021 wheels. The only ones needed changing was the EX and EX-L and Honda didn't try hard enough. The Touring wheels look like the 2016-2017 Sport wheels and the LX looks just too plain.

·
2020 CBP Touring
764 Posts
Overlord so you dont think they might have change the throttle mapping to make the peddle more responsive?
I dont like the chrome either but I will cover it up. I just sold my car. I have a choice. I can get either the 2020 or the 2021 in lunar silver Touring. I love the new wheels if you guys could choose money not the deciding factor would you go 2020 or 2021.
Obviously 2021, especially if you're going 2.0T Sport or Touring. Then again it cemented my decision to keep my 2020. Nobody will even tell the difference.

·
CD5 to CR2
227 Posts
From a visual standpoint, I expected more.
The fogs are a step backwards imo. The grille was already wide enough and the rear looks the same 🤷‍♂️
Was hoping Honda would take some inspiration from the new TLX. But I guess they're committed to keep the lines drawn in design language.

·
Registered
2020 Accord EX-L 1.5T
27 Posts
Before the pictures came out at the Honda site, I was wondering if they were going to add some kind of big, thick chrome strip across the back, to fill in the "missing" sections of the tail lights (as in, the inside of the "claw"), like they have done similarly at least once in past mid cycle refreshes. I personally like the "linear" fog lights of the pre-refresh better and the look it gives the car to oncoming traffic at night. Speaking of lighting, I wonder if they will offer a full LED headlight upgrade kit as part of some kind of Honda "performance" upgrade for owners of non-Touring models...

I also feel the new wheels are a little less inspiring than those of pre-refresh models. I will admit, as others have alluded to, that my EX-L wheels can take some getting used to. But when they are clean, against clean tires and black paint, they are not half bad.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Disappointed with the 2021 wheels. The only ones needed changing was the EX and EX-L and Honda didn't try hard enough. The Touring wheels look like the 2016-2017 Sport wheels and the LX looks just too plain.
When I watched some online reviews of the Accord before buying my 2019, it seems like almost every review on Youtube that wasn't posted by actual owners mentioned that they missed the 19" wheels from the 2016/17 Accords and that the 2018-20 19" wheels aren't as nice... maybe Honda listened and that's why the 2021 Touring wheels now look like the 2016-17 19" wheels.

Me? I really like the wheels that Honda has on the 10th Generation Sport models. I think they are clean looking, sporty, and love that they shine in the sun or reflect overhead lights at night in a parking lot.

I like the new 19" wheels for the Touring trim when compared with the Touring wheels that have been used from 2018-20... but again- I prefer the Sport wheels.

As for the 'plain look' of the LX wheels... it's the LX model- and Honda has put bland-looking alloy wheels on the LX model since the 2013 model year. They look better than the cheap hubcaps that were used on the LX before 2013... but they have never really been attractive or good looking. The alloy wheels on the 2021 Accord LX look better than the 2018-20 LX, but I'll have to see them in person to really be sure. Sometimes pictures online disappoint and things look better in person... sometimes things look worse. We will see.

I want to see the EXL wheels in person too. They don't look that great online- but for some reason I have hope that they will look much better in person.

What I'm really disappointed in is the fact that according to the images, video footage, and build tool on the Honda website- it looks like the accessory wheels are going exactly the same for the 2021 year as they have been for the 2018-20 model years. 19" Glint Black wheels, 19" chrome wheels, or the 19" machine-finished wheels with either black or bronze inserts.

I've seen quite a few Accords with the optional black wheels, a few with the chrome wheels, fewer still of the machine finished 19" wheels with the black or chrome inserts... but I've never seen an Accord in person with the accessory wheels with the bronze inserts. I've actually never seen an Accord with any of the bronze-colored accessories. It sort-of reminds me of how dealers would offer the "gold package" in the 90s and early 2000s. It looked good on some colors- mainly white or dark blue... but after a few years those 'gold' badges all faded and started to look like trash. I would never want an Accord with the bronze accessories- but I would like to see one in person just to see if it's as bad as it looks online. (Kinda like someone who can't help but stare at a bad car accident as they pass by)

I also feel the new wheels are a little less inspiring than those of pre-refresh models. I will admit, as others have alluded to, that my EX-L wheels can take some getting used to. But when they are clean, against clean tires and black paint, they are not half bad.
I really don't like the 17" EX / EXL wheels on the 2018-20 Accord. To me they don't look any better than the 2018-20 LX wheels. They are okay- but completely forgettable and plain. It's a shame because the 2016/17 EX/EXL wheels were much nicer in my opinion. Hopefully the 2021 EXL wheels will look good in person.

As I look through the different trims and wheel combinations using the build function on Honda's website... I'm amazed at the lack of color choices on the 2021 Accord. The LX and EX are only available with five colors... black, white, silver, dark gray, and red. The Sport is available in black, red, white, silver, blue and medium gray instead of dark gray. The Touring gets both gray colors plus white, silver, black, and red... but no blue.

I'm wondering why they got rid of the Obsidian Blue color on non-sport trims. It seems to be a popular color in my neck of the woods.

The 2020 Camry is available in 8 colors for the LE/XLE, 7 colors for the SE, and up to 10 for the XSE if you include their dual color combinations.

I wonder why Honda was so stingy with the colors? I know that they usually don't have a huge selection of colors- but still...

Reactions: zroger73

·
Registered
36 Posts
So no more blind spot is offered on the Sport trims, Parking sensors are now standard on the EX-L. Simple changes, the refresh to the front grille was unneeded and I think the biggest mistake was changing the fog lamps from those 6 individual LEDs to that single circular look (wonder if they are any “brighter”). Honda did apparently improve Honda sensing and made full LED headlights standard on Sport models and up so they did a couple things right but some things were unnecessary.

Every new wheel upgrade is ugly. Except the Sport wheels (which THANKFULLY Honda didn’t ruin).

Reactions: jcglos

·
New Honda Owner
2020 Accord EX-L 2.0T
8 Posts
Was dropping the 2.0T option from the EX-L just a response to lack of sales? And how does the Sport 2.0T match up specification-wise to the 2020 EX-L 2.0T? I suspect these two questions are closely related.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Was dropping the 2.0T option from the EX-L just a response to lack of sales? And how does the Sport 2.0T match up specification-wise to the 2020 EX-L 2.0T? I suspect these two questions are closely related.
I imagine that both the EX 1.5t and EXL 2.0t trims were dropped because they were the slowest-selling of the bunch. It seems like LX and Sport trims are the hottest sellers nation-wide. In my neck of the woods, EX trims with the 1.5t trim actually seem to sell well. I see a lot more EX and EXL models with the 1.5t engine driving around (it's hard to spot the difference) than LX or Touring models... but Sport trims sell well around here too.

Feature-wise, you don't lose an awful lot by going from the EXL 2.0t to the Sport 2.0t trim. Other than the visual changes- including the alloy wheel size and design, the main features that are included on the EXL 2.0t trim but not the Sport 2.0t trim are a better audio system, full leather seats with memory function for the driver, and turn-signal indicators in the outside mirrors.

Remember that the Sport trim with the 2.0t engine has A LOT more features than the Sport with the 1.5 engine.

The 2020 EXL 2.0t and 2020 Sport 2.0t models are actually pretty similarly priced- I think the 2020 EXL 2.0t has an MSRP that's about $1000 more than the 2.0t Sport... but in my neck of the woods, the ultimate transaction prices are probably about the same- as EXL 2.0t trims don't sell as well, and ultimately have to be discounted more than the 2.0t Sport Accords.

·
New Honda Owner
2020 Accord EX-L 2.0T
8 Posts
Thanks for the specifics. Very informative. I took a closer look at the 2021 specs on the Honda corporate site, having somehow missed the "2.0T" section of the Sport trim. From where I'm sitting, my 2020 EX-L 2.0T seems to still offer pretty much what I was looking for, including specifics that are no longer available (i.e., EX-L "goodies" with the larger engine and 10 speed transmission). Guess I'll hold on to it (for another 25 years or so). Regards all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My '18 EX-L 2.0T lease will be over in August, which means I'll likely be looking at the '21 Accord unless I extend the lease to get into a '22. I am very disappointed that Honda discontinued the EX-L 2.0T trim as I found the added features over the Sport 2.0T trim well worth it, but I was not willing to pay more for the Touring 2.0T options. I may consider the EX-L Hybrid if Honda offers incentives for it in August. It stickers for about the same as the '18 EX-L 2.0T. My concern is that I'll hate that it's slower and disgusting to listen to under WOT compared to the 2.0T. I don't want to downgrade to the Sport trim and I'm not willing to pay more for the Touring trim, and I'm not interested in buying out my lease as the finance payments would go up $120/month for a used car.

·
New Honda Owner
2020 Accord EX-L 2.0T
8 Posts
I would have been interested in the 2020 Touring, but did not wish to go for the 19 inch wheels or the Honda GPS setup. These seem to work quite well for a lot of buyers, but just not quite for me. As you can see, I like to "play" with all the Honda goodies, probably too much, but on my own terms. Seems to me just about everything Honda sells is "worth the trouble."

·
2020 CBP Touring
764 Posts
My '18 EX-L 2.0T lease will be over in August, which means I'll likely be looking at the '21 Accord unless I extend the lease to get into a '22. I am very disappointed that Honda discontinued the EX-L 2.0T trim as I found the added features over the Sport 2.0T trim well worth it, but I was not willing to pay more for the Touring 2.0T options. I may consider the EX-L Hybrid if Honda offers incentives for it in August. It stickers for about the same as the '18 EX-L 2.0T. My concern is that I'll hate that it's slower and disgusting to listen to under WOT compared to the 2.0T. I don't want to downgrade to the Sport trim and I'm not willing to pay more for the Touring trim, and I'm not interested in buying out my lease as the finance payments would go up $120/month for a used car.
For another 50 or 60 bucks a month, grab a Touring. You'll be glad you did. The HUD alone is awesome.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm possibly looking at the Accord but a bit confused. I like the Hybrid model but I like a more engaging driving experience. Then again, I'm not quite sure how much more engaging the non-hybrid Accord is compared to the Hybrid; I did test drive the 2.0 not too long ago and the car seemed very nice. One cannot ascertain too much from a limited test drive though. I do have a long commute and drive quite a bit. I definitely want the higher spec audio that the previous EX-L 2.0 had along with the memory seating. But I can do without these features to be honest. The Touring does seem quite a bit expensive compared to the Sport 2.0.

I'm not in a hurry so lets see. But I'm going to assume the 2.0 will definitely feel sportier than the Hybrid. As far as daily living with the car, not sure what will be more suitable. Both seem to have their pros and cons just like everything else. Exploring different options for the next car. I haven't posted here in a while so hello to all.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'm possibly looking at the Accord but a bit confused. I like the Hybrid model but I like a more engaging driving experience. Then again, I'm not quite sure how much more engaging the non-hybrid Accord is compared to the Hybrid; I did test drive the 2.0 not too long ago and the car seemed very nice. One cannot ascertain too much from a limited test drive though. I do have a long commute and drive quite a bit. I definitely want the higher spec audio that the previous EX-L 2.0 had along with the memory seating. But I can do without these features to be honest. The Touring does seem quite a bit expensive compared to the Sport 2.0.

I'm not in a hurry so lets see. But I'm going to assume the 2.0 will definitely feel sportier than the Hybrid. As far as daily living with the car, not sure what will be more suitable. Both seem to have their pros and cons just like everything else. Exploring different options for the next car. I haven't posted here in a while so hello to all.
The Hybrid is faster than the 1.5T, but slower than the 2.0T. Hybrids have lots of torque from 0 MPH which gives the impression of more performance than they really have.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just sold my car today. I dont like the the chrome on the grill or the changed fog lights. So I am going to be getting a 2020 Lunar silver with black interior. Look forward to being back on the forum. First things will be K-Tuner, RSB, front tower brace, R1 rotors and pads, and adding sport wheels. Going to get the sport grill as a dealer option with the black chrome insert.

I had these wheels on my previous car and loved the. They are very light just not sure how 18" will look on a 10th gen.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Honda announced that all manual variants of the Civic with exception of Type R are discontinued for 2021 and onward. That includes Sport Sedan 2.0NA, Sport Hatch 1.5T, Sport Touring Hatch 1.5T and all coupe variants (both AT and MT). So, the CTR is the ONLY Honda left in USA that offers manual. Might as well be none because that car has very limited customer base and it's still $10K over MSRP. Bald move by Honda to kill all manuals.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Hybrid is faster than the 1.5T, but slower than the 2.0T. Hybrids have lots of torque from 0 MPH which gives the impression of more performance than they really have.
Ah ok, I have seen that too; the Hybrid seems to have more power than the 1.5 but I am looking for the overall driving experience. I prioritize handling and engaging responses than pure power, though more power is fine too :). The thing is, I drive a lot and the Hybrid's MPG seem appealing. Then again, there are many vehicles nowadays that get great mileage without having to go the Hybrid route. I don't want to have to replace the battery or other components when the mileage is 150,000+ . If the 1.5T had the standard auto transmission, I might have looked at that model more closely.

I am confused when looking at my potential next car. I'm looking at various models. Fun to drive is one of the key factors. Good gas mileage is a bonus. Wondering if the Hybrid takes away any of that from the Accord. Thanks.

481 - 500 of 533 Posts