Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

561 - 580 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Interesting, they must have adjusted that deal a bit but I know the last one showed expiring in 2020.

So I reached out to another dealership in Louisiana (I'm in Texas) about a 2021 Sport 2.0. They quickly sent me back a quote for 30,433. With sales tax, registration, doc fee blah blah it ended up being around 32,735. Additionally, the dealership is about 200 miles from me and I brought up to the salesman about delivery, as one of the dealerships I was talking to prior stated they would deliver at 25 cents a mile. The salesman called me and told me he wouldn't charge anything to drive it to me and drop it off. This is the best deal I've been able to find, that doesn't attach a bunch of BS to the quote. They were nice and straight forward, I got the color I wanted (silver) and it doesn't have a front plate drilled into the bumper (argh). Is it the best deal? No probably not, but I talked to several dealerships and it's been the best one so far. I ended up getting 2.53% financing at 72 months, too, so not terrible.

Appreciate all the help and advice.
I'm glad you were able to get a deal that you were happy with. Enjoy your car- the Sport does look good in silver.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
A lot of Honda dealers in my area typically install things like after-market Karr alarms and LoJack before the car is even offered for sale. When I was shopping for my '16, I finally found the exact trim/color Coupe I wanted, but the dealer refused to remove the Karr and LoJack, = NO SALE!

Eventually found the exact one I wanted a couple hours drive from here, and this one didn't have any after-market garbage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought my 2020 sport last August because I was afraid I wasn’t gonna like the refreshed ones and if I waited too long I wouldn’t be able to get it in the color I wanted. I just came back from a Honda dealership and boy was I wrong! I LOVE the new 2021 Sports. I actually like them more than mine. The only color they had where blue and white. The white ones are SICK! The new black accents compliment the white body and vise versa. I also like the new touring model more than the 2020. The wheels one The older touring weren’t stylish enough in my opinion and just don’t compare to the sport wheels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my 2020 sport last August because I was afraid I wasn’t gonna like the refreshed ones and if I waited too long I wouldn’t be able to get it in the color I wanted. I just came back from a Honda dealership and boy was I wrong! I LOVE the new 2021 Sports. I actually like them more than mine. The only color they had where blue and white. The white ones are SICK! The new black accents compliment the white body and vise versa. I also like the new touring model more than the 2020. The wheels one The older touring weren’t stylish enough in my opinion and just don’t compare to the sport wheels.

See, I disagree on the Touring wheels. I highly dislike them and much rather prefer the 2018-2020 Touring wheels. From afar, the 21 Touring wheels look identical to some wheels from the 9th gen accord.

·
Super Moderator
1,694 Posts
From afar, the 21 Touring wheels look identical to some wheels from the 9th gen accord.
Perhaps that's not necessarily a bad thing? I recall seeing black 9th gens running around with those wheels and thought (and still think) that was one of the best-looking Accords to date.

·
Registered
771 Posts
See, I disagree on the Touring wheels. I highly dislike them and much rather prefer the 2018-2020 Touring wheels. From afar, the 21 Touring wheels look identical to some wheels from the 9th gen accord.
Perhaps that's not necessarily a bad thing? I recall seeing black 9th gens running around with those wheels and thought (and still think) that was one of the best-looking Accords to date.

View attachment 526581
Zroger 73: I agree 100% that those 19" wheels look incredible on the 9th Generation Accord- and I also agree that the overall look of the 2016/2017 Accord with those wheels are is the best-looking Accord, period. (I prefer the exterior of the 9.5 Generation while preferring the interior of the 10th Generation)

I don't like the new 2021 Touring wheels at all. To me, they look like bloated versions of the 2016/17 wheels and they just don't really fit with the overall look of the current generation Accord.

·
Registered
279 Posts
A lot of Honda dealers in my area typically install things like after-market Karr alarms and LoJack before the car is even offered for sale. When I was shopping for my '16, I finally found the exact trim/color Coupe I wanted, but the dealer refused to remove the Karr and LoJack, = NO SALE!

Eventually found the exact one I wanted a couple hours drive from here, and this one didn't have any after-market garbage.
Dealer where I got my 2.0T 6M is notorious for adding junk to cars before they're even up for sale. I knew this by scouting them out beforehand so when the car got to the lot, I showed up unannounced that same day before they even put the fuse in. I went on a test drive with literally no miles and I told the guy that came on the drive with me that if I'm going to consider the car, they are to not touch it to install any of their junk. He said it's the dealership policy. I told him well it's my policy not to buy in that case. So we get back and he goes and tells the manager what I said. The manager comes over, obnoxious looking guy out of 90s with high pants and tight shirt tucked in with gold bracelet and pinky finger ring. He goes on a 15 minute rant why their package is so awesome. I waited and didn't interrupt. When he paused to breathe, I told him just a short "no, thanks". He left in frustration but he toed the line not to become unprofessional. We did the deal of course but it took more time to argue about the add-ons than anything else. I turned down everything, that package, paint protection, extra warranties for tires, wheels, powertrain, etc. You just have to keep reminding yourself that those few hours are a necessary evil in order to get the car you want. Never keep your guard down, go ALONE - never go with anyone because they'll tag team you and turn you on each other, manipulate couples and all that. Don't go hungry. Don't go tired. And always, always remember that the F&I office is not just "sign the paperwork" - it's even more aggressive high pressure sale tactics than the car itself. Say no to everything in that room and I mean EVERYTHING. Get Honda Care at 35,999 miles or 2 years, 364 days after you buy the car. Buy the HC online for 30% of what dealer would have charged.

·
Registered
19 Posts

View attachment 526581
yeah, I guess it really is just a preference thing. I am not opposed to 5 spoke wheels, at all...I just think they funky on the 2021 model. I'd love to see something similar to some of these 5 spoke sporty wheels I see on some Audi cars...now, those would look amazing...lol, but that is only my preference.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah, I guess it really is just a preference thing. I am not opposed to 5 spoke wheels, at all...I just think they funky on the 2021 model. I'd love to see something similar to some of these 5 spoke sporty wheels I see on some Audi cars...now, those would look amazing...lol, but that is only my preference.
It's very true that 2016/2017 Sport/Touring wheels looks drop dead beautiful on those years yet they look funky and odd on the 2018+ models. Can't put a finger on what it is but they don't sit well. The 2018-2020 Touring wheels are amazing in my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't like the looks of the 2021 Touring wheels when I saw the pictures but after owning the car for 2 weeks it's certainly grown on me. I'm also not about to spend $1K or more to replace them. They aren't that bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't like the looks of the 2021 Touring wheels when I saw the pictures but after owning the car for 2 weeks it's certainly grown on me. I'm also not about to spend $1K or more to replace them. They aren't that bad.
And in reality, that is all that matters. If you are happy with them, it doesn't matter what others think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only thing I wish is better is the length of the seat bottom cushions. Coming from two German cars I find the Accord's seats to be not as good when it comes to thigh support. Lateral (back) support is excellent though.

And in reality, that is all that matters. If you are happy with them, it doesn't matter what others think.

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 5500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
316 Posts
The only thing I wish is better is the length of the seat bottom cushions. Coming from two German cars I find the Accord's seats to be not as good when it comes to thigh support. Lateral (back) support is excellent though.
I don't mind the driver's seat (I can adjust the front bottom up to support my legs better), but I find the front passenger seat to be very unsupportive and incapable of being adjusted to solve it. I would find it very uncomfortable on a long highway drive as a passenger, which is a bit annoying when the Accord is such a good highway cruiser.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't like the new 2021 Touring wheels at all. To me, they look like bloated versions of the 2016/17 wheels and they just don't really fit with the overall look of the current generation Accord.
No accounting for taste - but at the same time - they're fairly simple, and work well with certain colors - I've got a '21 touring in platinum white, and they're the least offensive wheels compared to the other offerings.

Dealer where I got my 2.0T 6M is notorious for adding junk to cars before they're even up for sale.
Funny - didn't have to go thru much of that - on the 4-square - this and that - just said nope - take away the Karr/Lojack and 3rd party warranty/gap insurance, yadda... folks focused on payments, not price.

I don't finance - make this clear up front - and I typically deal with the internet sales guy...

I'm "here's a check - I'm going to write it or go home" - got a decent deal on the trade in, good price on the car...

With the F&I guy - pretty simple - "do you want 5 stars or not? this is a 10 minute deal to sign paperwork"

·
Registered
19 Posts
I still wish they would offer 360 top down view. I would have paid extra for it in a minute. Saving for next year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
100% agree! I have a 2018 Touring 2.0...and I really feel like there are some things that need to be added to at least the top of the line model...pano sunroof, 360 camera, power steering wheel and heated steering wheel. I bet/hope the next gen at least has the pano roof.

I can understand this too...I once had an A8L with amazing bottom seat cushions, you could even extend them out if you wanted. The most comfortable car I will probably ever drive, like driving on a cloud!

·
Registered
51 Posts
100% agree! I have a 2018 Touring 2.0...and I really feel like there are some things that need to be added to at least the top of the line model...pano sunroof, 360 camera, power steering wheel and heated steering wheel. I bet/hope the next gen at least has the pano roof.
Not sure what is "power steering wheel"

Heated Steering Wheel - done in 21 for the Touring in certain markets perhaps

Pano Sunroof - would be nice - but no room for it - skylight aka early 2K Maxima's (not a bad thing)

360 camera - likely won't happen

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure what is "power steering wheel"

Heated Steering Wheel - done in 21 for the Touring in certain markets perhaps

Pano Sunroof - would be nice - but no room for it - skylight aka early 2K Maxima's (not a bad thing)

360 camera - likely won't happen
Power tilt and telescoping wheel...not a massively needed feature, but would be nice on the nearly $40K Touring trim.

The heated steering wheel has been available for a few years in certain markets...not the US.

If the Camry and other similar sedans can have pano roofs, the Accord should be able to.

Camry has a 360/birds eye view...so you would think honda would want to keep up to date with competitors...but who knows, maybe not :)

·
Super Moderator
1,694 Posts
Funny - didn't have to go thru much of that - on the 4-square - this and that - just said nope - take away the Karr/Lojack and 3rd party warranty/gap insurance, yadda... folks focused on payments, not price.

I'm "here's a check - I'm going to write it or go home" - got a decent deal on the trade in, good price on the car...
I avoid even that - everything is handled through email. :)

The only time I see a dealer is to inspect the vehicle, sign the prepared paperwork, and drive home.

561 - 580 of 612 Posts