Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
"we are not the people who are actually going to purchase new cars" Ummm what? So all the people here and on the other forum joining up, making introductory posts, and showing pics of their new rides and all the members who own multiple Hondas or are repeat Honda customers are Russian bots or figments of my imagination?
That was not what I was trying to say. I was just commenting on some of the people lurking in this thread, myself included, probably shouldn't be complaining about what Honda does/doesn't do when we aren't seriously interested in going out and purchasing a 10th gen Accord within the next few years. UnknownJinX kindly pointed this out.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
It's mid 2020 and there are Still quite a few brand new 2014/2015 Honda VFR800's sitting in showrooms across the US. Why? Because IMO, the people at Honda in charge of the VFR program(s) are HUA and have been for quite some time. It seems like the only people interested in new VFRs are previous owners of VFRs and many of them aren't buying new because there's not enough improvement/difference between the new ones and the ones the still have. Instead of offering a great V4 based sport bike from the MotoGP program for us regular folks (which they could EASILY do if they wanted to), they decide to flip the bird to us middle class people with the RC213V-S. Honda takes a once Great street bike like the 1986 VFR750 and slowly over the years adds weight, gets rid of gear driven cams, adds VTEC, stops producing any sort of performance/race versions (e.g. RC30, RC45, etc), adds a few more CC's but very very minimal improvement in horsepower/torque, don't pay any attention to feedback from VFR riders/owners/reviewers/etc, fail to respond to or keep up with improvements made by almost every other manufacturer to their motorcycles in the same class/category, and they have the stupidity to wonder why they're not selling??? SMFH!!!
I first learned about the VFR when I went to buy a Honda 500-650cc sport bike last Spring. I noticed the dealer had brand new 2014 VFR800F's still in the crate for thousands less than "lesser" bikes. It seemed like a no-brainer, so I bought one. It proved to be too much bike for the city, so I bought a Grom and ended up having more fun with it than the VFR. The Grom was totaled when I was rear-ended while riding home from work one day. I sold the VFR with ~600 miles on it to perhaps the only other rider in my area who appreciated the VFR. He put it up for sale a few months later and hasn't been able to sell it. I ended up buying a Miata and selling my last two-wheeler, a PCX150 scooter. I was so impressed with the Mazda's quality that I ended up buying a CX-5 after my 2019 Ridgeline turn out to be a lemon.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
120 Posts
That was not what I was trying to say. I was just commenting on some of the people lurking in this thread, myself included, probably shouldn't be complaining about what Honda does/doesn't do when we aren't seriously interested in going out and purchasing a 10th gen Accord within the next few years. UnknownJinX kindly pointed this out.
Apologies for reading you/it the wrong way! (I just got a 2019 Accord late last year (replaced a 2003 Pilot that was looking at a major repair and was just costing too much to maintain in general) and a 2020 CRV last month (2008 Odyssey is just a little too big for my oldest kid and also getting a little long in the tooth) - so I joined up here and there and also on one of the CRV forums to learn and share, "female dog" [not sure if we can say the B word] and moan, and kid around).

As far as being able to comment, IMO, if you own a Honda or have owned a Honda, you get to comment however you want! lol

And as far as being seriously interested in buying a new Accord, my alternative viewpoint would be that If Honda were to listen to you/us and make a new Accord that checks off a bunch of things on your/our needs/wants lists, Then you/we might actually be serious about going out and getting a new Accord! ;)

I first learned about the VFR when I went to buy a Honda 500-650cc sport bike last Spring. I noticed the dealer had brand new 2014 VFR800F's still in the crate for thousands less than "lesser" bikes. It seemed like a no-brainer, so I bought one. It proved to be too much bike for the city, so I bought a Grom and ended up having more fun with it than the VFR. The Grom was totaled when I was rear-ended while riding home from work one day. I sold the VFR with ~600 miles on it to perhaps the only other rider in my area who appreciated the VFR. He put it up for sale a few months later and hasn't been able to sell it. I ended up buying a Miata and selling my last two-wheeler, a PCX150 scooter. I was so impressed with the Mazda's quality that I ended up buying a CX-5 after my 2019 Ridgeline turn out to be a lemon.
Sorry to hear that the VFR didn't fit the bill for you But glad to hear you're still around after getting rear ended on a Grom!!! :eek: (you were like one step above just standing there naked lol!)! I would love to have a Grom in the garage with the VFR! Sometimes getting all prepped up/ATGATT for the VFR is just too much hassle for a quick errand/ride and a Grom would take me back to remembering some jr/sr high school days, riding friends' briggs and stratton powered home built mini bikes. I got my 2015 VFR Deluxe used a few years ago. It's a pretty nice bike but even as a long time VFR fan (I had a pretty modded 87 back in the day), I wouldn't consider it "$13,500 (MSRP) nice".

Just yesterday, I saw an all black CX-5 on the freeway and it had an AWD emblem on it (it looked real nice) and I started thinking/wondering about how/why Honda offers CRVs with AWD but not Civics or Accords...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Apologies for reading you/it the wrong way! (I just got a 2019 Accord late last year (replaced a 2003 Pilot that was looking at a major repair and was just costing too much to maintain in general) and a 2020 CRV last month (2008 Odyssey is just a little too big for my oldest kid and also getting a little long in the tooth) - so I joined up here and there and also on one of the CRV forums to learn and share, "female dog" [not sure if we can say the B word] and moan, and kid around).

As far as being able to comment, IMO, if you own a Honda or have owned a Honda, you get to comment however you want! lol

And as far as being seriously interested in buying a new Accord, my alternative viewpoint would be that If Honda were to listen to you/us and make a new Accord that checks off a bunch of things on your/our needs/wants lists, Then you/we might actually be serious about going out and getting a new Accord! ;)
No apologies necessary! You are absolutely correct about how it would behoove Honda to pay a little more attention to their audience. As a young adult, it probably wouldn't be a great financial decision to go out right this second and spend $25,000 (or more) on a new car. While I do plan to buy something new in the next 3 years or so to replace my aging 7th gen, I definitely am not inspired to put the new Accord at the top of my list of vehicles to spend half of my yearly income on. If you told me that the coupe body style and manual transmission were still around for next year only, I probably would be biting the bullet and getting one anyway.

Also, over the past few years, I have had quite a bit of warranty work done on my Accord at local dealerships. Whenever I am there, I always peruse their lot inventory. I've never seen an Accord with a manual transmission for sale. In this regard, I agree with a previous poster who mentioned that you can barely find the 1% of Accords that Honda outfits with a manual transmission.

·
4th Gear
104 Posts
Looks like we have a first look at a spy video of the 2021 Accord from a clip sent to Youtuber, Matt Maran Motoring. Go to 12:37 of the video to check out the clip. It's definitely instantly recognizable as the 10th gen Accord just by looking at the body of the car. Can't make out too much from the back end but the front end looks like it's receiving a pretty significant update. It kinda gives me 9th gen Accord coupe vibes. Considering how different the front end looks, I have HIGH hopes for the rear end which I've never been particularly attracted to like almost everyone else.

Reactions: LAhondaFan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like we have a first look at a spy video of the 2021 Accord from a clip sent to Youtuber, Matt Maran Motoring. Go to 12:37 of the video to check out the clip. It's definitely instantly recognizable as the 10th gen Accord just by looking at the body of the car. Can't make out too much from the back end but the front end looks like it's receiving a pretty significant update. It kinda gives me 9th gen Accord coupe vibes. Considering how different the front end looks, I have HIGH hopes for the rear end which I've never been particularly attracted to like almost everyone else.
Are the rear claw tail lights gone or just covered up, hard to tell.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Are the rear claw tail lights gone or just covered up, hard to tell.
To me it looks like the tails on the "inspire" in this post:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I paused the video at 13:12, I think its the new Civic....it looks more narrow than the Accord from the back shorter than the Accord from the side and it has mirrors mounted on the door panels not the door pillars. From the front the hood lines don't match up with the current accord and the side door panels don't match up either. THe Accord has a more complex concave design in the lower rocker panel that eats into the sheet metal.

If this isn't the new Civic, Honda is doing a very very drastic update...similar to the 2015 Toyota Camry updates. I wish Honda would release it already.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I paused the video at 13:12, I think its the new Civic....it looks more narrow than the Accord from the back shorter than the Accord from the side and it has mirrors mounted on the door panels not the door pillars. From the front the hood lines don't match up with the current accord and the side door panels don't match up either. THe Accord has a more complex concave design in the lower rocker panel that eats into the sheet metal.

If this isn't the new Civic, Honda is doing a very very drastic update...similar to the 2015 Toyota Camry updates. I wish Honda would release it already.
I was about to say the same. It also looks to me like the next gen civic. The door mounted side mirrors and the 3 section headlight look very much like the next gen civic type R. Here are some other spy shots of this car. Drivetribe also wasn't certain if it's the refreshed accord or the next gen civic.

I'm pretty excited to see the next gen civic. The accord has always felt just a little too big for my lifestyle (cars are getting longer and wider every year while shopping mall parking spaces are getting smaller). Looks like the next gen civic/civic hatch may just be the perfect size. Fingers crossed Honda keeps the stick shift for the next gen type R.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Those spy shots definitely don't say 2021 Accord refresh to me. Maybe 2022 11th Gen Accord, but my bet is on the 11th Gen Civic. The refreshed 10th Gen Accord won't likely have any different body panels or apertures in the body. The glass on the spy shots don't match up with the current Accord IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If this will be the new Accord 2021, I guess the rear lights will be somewhat close to BMW 7 series 2016. Especially since some Honda cars looks a bit similar to BMWs. Honda legend 2018 and Accord 2016-2017 = BMW 7 series 2010 .. Accord 2008 = BMW 5 series 2005 ..

·
Registered
100 Posts

I think Honda did a major MMC for 2006 and 2007 because 2003-2005 was poorly received on the exterior. A friend of mine has a 2003 EX-L with 240K miles, she loves her car. Honestly, some of the best seats I ever sat in. But anyway, it's possible they might do drastic upgrade to the rear end because so many people dislike the claws.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Have you seen this?

Holy moley....Am I seeing correctly that they brought the Lane Watch camera back??? That would be a big YEA! from me...

·
4th Gear
104 Posts
It's possible now that this may in fact be the next Civic. I still think this could be the next Accord though because the overall shape of the rear looks exactly like my 2018 Accord just covered up and even the placement/design of the bumper reflectors are exactly the same as the current Accord. The video may distort it but imo the car also looks a little too wide to be a Civic. The things that are throwing me off about this car though is the placement of the side mirrors as well as the design on the bottom part of the doors as it is different from the current Accord. Whatever the case may be, I certainly hope Honda's MMC for the Accord places it way above the Camry's lackluster MMC.

·
Registered
180 Posts
after looking at these early spy shots of the Civic Type R, I am CONVINCED its a civic. Look at the rear bumper of this car in the video, and the rear bumper of the Type R in the link below. Also, look at the placement of the door mirrors, the headlights, grille, etc. Its a Civic sedan...probably a Touring based on the wheel/rim size design. Even the lower rocker panels are the exact same.

2022 Honda Civic Type R Spy Shots Photo Gallery

241 - 256 of 256 Posts