Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! this is my first post and I hope everyone is doing amazing !

Recently, I purchased a brand new 2021 accord se and so far I'm loving it! The only thing I'm not loving is the sound system.

I have tried many things while trying to keep the car as OEM as possible and using adapters to keep the factory wiring in perfect condition.

As of today, I have replaced the front speakers 6.5 with Alpine R-S65 while keeping the factory tweeters and in the rear some JBL GTO629 6.5's and used the JBL tweeters that come in the bundle.

As for a subwoofer, I have bought over 10+ trying to find the most spacious and best quality sound. From the JBL Spare tire subwoofer, to the Rockford 12" ported amp-subsystem, to mini 8" Rockford subs and 12" Kicker TRTP low profile sub... etc

All of these have not satisfied me and I am still on the hunt for something better.
I am not looking for anything window-shattering but has some nice deep bass and clear sound while also taking the least amount of space in my trunk.

Ideally, it would be nice to not have a sub in my car and the car speakers are deep and rich enough to act as if there was one.

I was hoping that after replacing all the factory speakers with aftermarket speakers that the sound quality would be enough but sadly it didnt improve much.
I have been reading about adding a small pack amp to boost the sound but I have never done that before and I'm kind of scared of messing with the harnesses and digging deep into the radio wires.

Does anyone have any advise/recommendations on speakers and/or subs for sound quality?
Honestly, I have a really big budget and all ideas would be nice to read.
Also yes, I can get everything professionally installed

Thank you all for taking the time to read this! I'll try to respond as much as I can to any questions

· Registered
150 Posts
check out my post, hope it helps.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,665 Posts
Welcome to DA! Maybe it's changed. but I think Honda HUs are factory equalized for midrange. You might try doing a search of the DA database, the search bar is top right of the main page. There's a lot of info there. Some members have had luck keeping the oem HU and changing speakers, some haven't. You'll get some good replies here too, we have quite a few audiophiles.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to DA! Maybe it's changed. but I think Honda HUs are factory equalized for midrange. You might try doing a search of the DA database, the search bar is top right of the main page. There's a lot of info there. Some members have had luck keeping the oem HU and changing speakers, some haven't. You'll get some good replies here too, we have quite a few audiophiles.
omg yay that sounds super cool! btw what are DA?

yes ill try searching some more on here

check out my post, hope it helps.
ty ill check it out :*

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Lepeeps what ohm load speakers did you get? did you have to do any special wiring?

I know some cars have like 8ohm speakers. Wondering if I replace my door and rear deck speakers, are all 4 ohm or all 2 ohm okay?
no speacial wiring just plugged in some good speakers from amazon using an adapter and for the sub in the trunk I just added the required wires for power ground and rca inputs and that was it.

Right now im using the 10 inch sub

· Registered
7 Posts
no speacial wiring just plugged in some good speakers from amazon using an adapter and for the sub in the trunk I just added the required wires for power ground and rca inputs and that was it.

Right now im using the 10 inch sub

What were the front and rear speakers? Alpine R-S65 & JBL GTO629 6.5
When I searched them, I found Alpine speakers were 4 ohm and the JB's are 3 ohm. How are you running a mixed ohm configured like that, sounds like there would be some issues?

Let me know what you have and how they are configured. if you don't mind. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.