Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site just got the wife a new 2021 Accord Touring going to do a few
mods but nothing to crazy. Had a question on the front grill are the lower chrome
bars on the front of the grill removable or do they need vinyl wrap to chrome delete.
Yesterday installed LED rear turn signal and reverse bulbs and the gloss back Honda
letters and logo, trunk handle. Next moving to the front
Thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
Both the large chrome unibrow and the lower chrome grille bars are removable. Honda actually sells an accessory black grille that has a little dark chrome strip in it- plus dark chrome versions of the little bars in the lower grille.

Attached are the directions on how to remove/replace both the chrome unibrow grille and the lower grille bars...

Attachments

Reactions: 2005 6mt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both the large chrome unibrow and the lower chrome grille bars are removable. Honda actually sells an accessory black grille that has a little dark chrome strip in it- plus dark chrome versions of the little bars in the lower grille.

Attached are the directions on how to remove/replace both the chrome unibrow grille and the lower grille bars...
Thanks Carl.... that is exactly what I was looking for I assumed the little bars were held on from the rear..going to remove the front bumper and remove the chrome part
and have wrapped in gloss black vinyl so it will all match. Not too crazy about the
black chrome parts from the dealership see a lot of pealing problems..

·
Registered
895 Posts
I really like the black badges that you put on. I was considering putting those on my Touring- but the fact that there isn't a black Touring badge available makes it a no-go in my book. I'm a bit OCD and having all of the other badges black and the Touring one chrome would drive me nuts.

The blacked-out look really works with the Platinum White Pearl though.

Reactions: 2005 6mt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand your point for sure....don’t understand why Honda doesn’t have an all black Touring badge but the only positive for me is the letters are black on the
factory badge very little chrome...going to leave it for now

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
124 Posts
I recommend the dealer accessory gloss black grille over a wrap. It has a few more angles than the stock grilles which I like. If you don't like the chrome/black chrome/bronze accent piece you can always have that bit wrapped gloss black or purchase a knock-off fully gloss black version from eBay or AliExpress. Finally, you don't actually have to remove the bumper entirely to get the grille off, but it does make it easier.

See this post here for more info: 10th Gen: So what did you do to your Accord today?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recommend the dealer accessory gloss black grille over a wrap. It has a few more angles than the stock grilles which I like. If you don't like the chrome/black chrome/bronze accent piece you can always have that bit wrapped gloss black or purchase a knock-off fully gloss black version from eBay or AliExpress. Finally, you don't actually have to remove the bumper entirely to get the grille off, but it does make it easier.

See this post here for more info: 10th Gen: So what did you do to your Accord today?
Do you have a pic or part number.
Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
124 Posts
Do you have a pic or part number.
Thanks
Take a look at the post I linked.

And see here for part numbers. These are for 2018-2020 models but I think the upper grille part is interchangeable between models. I haven't confirmed it myself though. The site does have different styles for the 2021 model year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take a look at the post I linked.

And see here for part numbers. These are for 2018-2020 models but I think the upper grille part is interchangeable between models. I haven't confirmed it myself though. The site does have different styles for the 2021 model year.
Ok I will take a look
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
The grill for the 2018 - 2020 are different than for 2021. Someone with a 2018 - 2020 bought the 2021 grill and it's a different size and won't fit. For 2021 I believe the only option is the 2021 Genuine Accessories Grill or wrapping.

·
2018 HAH Touring
106 Posts
The 2021 grill opening below the top brow is wider and the 3 lower bars are a simpler shape with chrome inserts. The '18-20 black lower bars are shaped more and flare out at the ends. I don't like all the chrome but I don't like the big black lower opening either. Hmm.

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
153 Posts
I really like the black badges that you put on. I was considering putting those on my Touring- but the fact that there isn't a black Touring badge available makes it a no-go in my book. I'm a bit OCD and having all of the other badges black and the Touring one chrome would drive me nuts.

You don't want to go the plastidip route?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You don't want to go the plastidip route?
Sorry not really interested in the plastic dip...
I think I will just go with the custom wrap quote
I got from a highly rated shop in Orlando..
Because on the Touring I also need the Chrome
on the door handles covered..
Thanks for the suggestions

The 2021 grill opening below the top brow is wider and the 3 lower bars are a simpler shape with chrome inserts. The '18-20 black lower bars are shaped more and flare out at the ends. I don't like all the chrome but I don't like the big black lower opening either. Hmm.
I like this look of the Vinyl rap on this car not going to add black wheels or lower the car I just like the wrap work. Credit to Nick with Just A Honda Accord page.

·
2020 CBP Touring
682 Posts

Same reason I didn't do it. You're not alone.

·
Registered
521 Posts
You can get a black Touring badge on eBay. I had the black emblems on mine and later switched back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts