Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2021 Honda accord sport. On Tuesday, it rained all day, causing some minor flooding in the area. My wife drove through a puddle, maybe 3 or 4 inches of water, on the right side of the car. A few hours later, the check engine light comes on. We take it to the dealer and they tell me, water got in the evap system and 4 parts need to be replaced. They said it's not covered under warranty because "they can tell they got wet".

I've talked to 2 other mechanics (Not honda techs) that say, this is a load of crap. They say if the car wasn't flooded, (which it most definitely was not.) It's a design flaw and definitely covered. I called corporate and also going to a different service center this week.

Anyone else have any issues like this? What are your thoughts on it being covered by warranty?

· Elvira
4,389 Posts
Do you have a copy of the list of the 4 parts that need to be replaced?

thanks

· Rollin in FL
1,356 Posts
I own a 2021 Honda accord sport. On Tuesday, it rained all day, causing some minor flooding in the area. My wife drove through a puddle, maybe 3 or 4 inches of water, on the right side of the car. A few hours later, the check engine light comes on. We take it to the dealer and they tell me, water got in the evap system and 4 parts need to be replaced. They said it's not covered under warranty because "they can tell they got wet".

I've talked to 2 other mechanics (Not honda techs) that say, this is a load of crap. They say if the car wasn't flooded, (which it most definitely was not.) It's a design flaw and definitely covered. I called corporate and also going to a different service center this week.

Anyone else have any issues like this? What are your thoughts on it being covered by warranty?
Load of BS. Take it to another Honda dealer that has a good reputation within the community.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

· Rollin in FL
1,356 Posts
Not sure how experienced you are with dealers and warranty, but do not mention or tell the other dealers what was found and the events causing this issue. You need to keep on pressuring them to warranty this.

Over at the MDX forum a member is in a similar situation like you. Dealer doesn't want to warranty a whole new tranny, and a well known Acura SM/Honda enthusiast (Mike Chan) called that dealer out on their bluff.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

· Registered
164 Posts
its more likely that driving through the water managed to knock a hose off or something that wasnt on very tight. i dont think its possible for water to get into the evap like that but i dont know enough about evap system to say. but i am pretty sure that is some BS. this is what warranty is for..car should be able to handle a small puddle. ive done the same but never had that issue so theres definitely something off there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.