Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a rock hit my windshield a few weeks after I purchased the car. I went to Safelite to have it replaced and recalibration done. Everything has been fine since.

Today I was at the dealership for the first maintenance and mentioned the cowl around the rearview mirror had started rattling (about 6 months after the replacement).

After checking it, they said that they could not fix the issue because a Honda windshield was not used and that the Honda windshield was special and had built in attachments for the cowl to attach to. The dealership said Safelite used double-sided tape to attach things.

Is the Honda windshield really that specialized? I have an appointment tomorrow with Safelite to discuss. Just trying to figure out if the dealership is just giving me BS since they didn't do the replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIRC, there's another a recent thread with the same issue so search for it...
Thanks...I did a search and did not see anything related to the plastic cover over the camera and sensors by the mirror.

I get that the rearview mirror mount comes as part of the windshield, it just seems strange that a windshield would have some type of bracket already attached as well for the cover.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yea you want to use Honda glass whenever replacing the front anymore. So many sensors are on there now. Why did they not use Honda glass thought. Safe Light only uses OEM glass I thought.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ok my bad. I saw the Honda in the lower left of the windshield and thought is was a Honda part. If it gets replaced it should say Honda in the lower left correct? I know there is also Acoustic and non acoustic glass depending on trim. You would think if Safelite ordered the Honda part number for the correct trim it would come with the correct tabs

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea you want to use Honda glass whenever replacing the front anymore. So many sensors are on there now. Why did they not use Honda glass thought. Safe Light only uses OEM glass I thought.
False. Safelite will let you use whatever the insurance company will pay for. Geico for example will let you get Honda glass if your car is the same model as the newest model out now. If your car is a few years old, Geico won't pay for Honda glass. You have to stick with aftermarket glass unless you pay the difference. It sucks. Get an insurance company that doesn't charge extra for OEM parts or get an insurance add-on where you pay a few bucks extra on your insurance premiums to ensure you get OEM parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts