Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2021 Windshield Replacement

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MisterHooman 
#1 ·
I had a rock hit my windshield a few weeks after I purchased the car. I went to Safelite to have it replaced and recalibration done. Everything has been fine since.

Today I was at the dealership for the first maintenance and mentioned the cowl around the rearview mirror had started rattling (about 6 months after the replacement).

After checking it, they said that they could not fix the issue because a Honda windshield was not used and that the Honda windshield was special and had built in attachments for the cowl to attach to. The dealership said Safelite used double-sided tape to attach things.

Is the Honda windshield really that specialized? I have an appointment tomorrow with Safelite to discuss. Just trying to figure out if the dealership is just giving me BS since they didn't do the replacement.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
IIRC, there's another a recent thread with the same issue so search for it...
Thanks...I did a search and did not see anything related to the plastic cover over the camera and sensors by the mirror.

I get that the rearview mirror mount comes as part of the windshield, it just seems strange that a windshield would have some type of bracket already attached as well for the cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.