Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
COVID hurt the sales of the Accord (along with most) also. The hybrid battery replacement will be about 3k at what 125 to 150k? Knew someone who had to replace the Civic hybrid battery and that is what it cost him. You have to trade it off before then. No more running them into 2 or 3 hundred thousand. Guessing Honda wanted that. Why only use the 2.0 for 1 generation? I drove the 2.0 a few times and LOVED it, had hope to buy one in the 11th gen after my 9th gen 2.4 auto Sport wears out. The performance of this new Accord will be below the TLX and I'm sure that is something Honda wanted also. I am not buying a heavy, more expensive TLX when the 10th gen 2.0 smokes it.

I don't like that I'll be forced to buy the hybrid if I want a higher trim Accord but I do understand.

In a few years, cars must get 40 mpg. The only way to do that is to go hybrid/electric or drastically reduce the size of the car.

Honestly, I was expecting Honda to only offer the next Accord as a Hybrid.

Honda could have just gone all electric like other manufacturers. Fortunately they don't want to alienate all their customers that don't have a place to charge their car.

At least with a hybrid vehicle, the car owner doesn't have to worry about charging it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.