Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2019 Accord Hybrid Touring
138 Posts
Politics aside, I think it's a smart move to discontinue the 2.0T since there are MPG goals and here in California, a deadline for when all automobiles must not be ICE.

I feel most people who look at a hybrid as slow or totally the opposite of what a 2.0T would feel like haven't driven a hybrid (at least Honda's hybrid). There's a reason electric vehicles leave old-fashioned ICE engine vebicles in their rearview mirror. Now, if we're talking costs of ownership, yeah, that does suck as we still don't have many mechanics that are familiar with fixing hybrid and full ev's out there, but that will improve.

Getting to the performance of this new 11th gen, they upgraded the hybrid motor, not the 2.0 ice engine it brings, but that hybrid motor upgrade should make it faster than the 10th Gen we currently have and probably with same if not better MPG. As far as performance goes, we still haven't gotten figures, so not fair to pass judgment, but on looks, we do have pics and videos, so go at it, and at the end of the day, looks are subjective. I'm personally not a fan of how the front grills looks, but I do like the 12.3 info screen and full digital gage along with Google integration. Reminds me a lot of how "Hey Mercedes" and "hey BMW" work in the respective cars. Back reminds me of Avalon, which I liked.

We will see on the 15th figures, until then I'll hold off on passing judgment on performance.

· Registered
138 Posts
Come on people... This is what has been wrong with our country for the past few years... This is a car freaking forum where we can ALL come together in the likes/dislikes of automobiles and yet we turn this into name calling and bashing one another....

YOUR comments are BEYOND ridiculous. Facts??? Now, that's FUNNY!!! BIG money lib's are controlling the narrative and they have people like you believing their BS. Let me guess, the so called crisis will be fixed by the lib's??? EVERYTHING you touch comes from fossil fuels and when you eliminate them how will you produce plastic, clothing, etc??? Go back to CNN and continue to buy the lies. I will stick with my combustion engine while you are sitting dead in the water with your battery powered EV that has 0 energy to charge. Science, facts and evidence, now that's FUNNY!!!
It's true that most products are made with oil, but that's the entire point of REDUCING depency/reliability/extraction of oil and having more ALTERNATIVE energy sources like wind/solar/sea (waves energy) to be able to cut back on oil which is why Honda/Toyota/Ford/VW and pretty much all car manufacturers have or are in the process of stopping ICE research and development because they're shifting to ONE DAY being fully electric BUT like everything worth having IT TAKES TIME.

Most likely than not, those of us in this forum will be long gone before full electrification is realized. But guess what... The process has started and will continue.

America once believed having slaves was the right thing... Those people at the time believed it so passionately they gave up their lives fighting those who said all people are equal... This is an extreme example, but in today's political climate, I don't feel it's too far off... Is this how far we have come???

Unfortunately, there are people who still believe the earth is flat, the abamonal snow man exists, climate change is "fake news," Trump won the election, Five Guys is better than In N Out... No...

Everyone is entitled to have their beliefs, likes, opinions, wants and all that, but when one starts turning a blind eye because evidence/facts don't align with your beliefs/likes that's were we start going in the wrong direction.

America is reaching a temperature that I feel has the potential to get us into a new civil war... We have to start realizing the direction we're heading and really come to terms with the truth....

I like the 12 inch info system with Google, full digital cluster and the back of the car styling. Not so happy with the front.

· Registered
138 Posts
News FLASH, Toyota pulled out of the insanity. They WILL NOT commit to full EV's. Why??? Because they realize we are WAY far away from this green energy that is being PUSHED on us. If you want to drive Ev, DO IT!!! I will NEVER drive an EV, funny how they don't reveal how much it will cost as energy prices continue to rise. There are MANY who depend on fossil fuels in this country, but we are supposed to shut up and go along with their vision. WAKE UP Honda, you are going to lose many of the customer base that has supported you over the years.
I stand corrected on Toyota committing to full electric. You're right, take Toyota off the list.

Sorry, but I don’t see how slavery is an appropriate example at all in this scenario. I think many people are simply expressing their frustration that the market appears to be shifting away from tried and true technology to something that is more or less experimental. Personally, I don’t have a problem with anyone expressing that frustration because I’m right there with them.
I think it’s undeniable that we do need to explore alternatives to fuel (we can all agree on that, right?). However, can we also agree on the fact that attempting to hasten the switch to electric is a potential problem? I’m looking directly at Honda right now offering the “good”trim accords only with a hybrid engine.
I see your point and do agree to an extent that the shift to full EV might be an unrealistic time line. But at the same time, the move does need to be made, but as you said, maybe not so hastily. Can we agree on that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.