Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

· Administrator
2,017 Posts
I enjoyed my time in a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T/10AT and wouldn't have bought it if not for the 2.0T engine, but I'm in the small minority. :)

I like the exterior styling of the 2023 a lot. I was never a huge fan of the 10th Accord's styling - particularly the rear. I haven't liked the Accord's styling this much since the 4th and 6th generations.

One of the more notable features to me is that OTA update are now for "nearly all vehicle computer modules" instead of just the infotainment system.

· Registered
38 Posts
The look is fine, but without a V6 OR a 2.0T, I won't buy one. They know more about marketing than I do, but I'm pretty sure a lot of folks here will be as disappointed as I am.

· V6 Supremacist 😎
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,241 Posts
As much as I'm disappointed that there's no V6 (that I fully expected since we didn't have it last gen either) or 2.0T, I'm not surprised.

What engine is paired with the hybrid?

· Administrator
2,017 Posts
The look is fine, but without a V6 OR a 2.0T, I won't buy one. They know more about marketing than I do, but I'm pretty sure a lot of folks here will be as disappointed as I am.
Only about 7% of the 17,757 used Accords currently listed for sale on CarGurus.com are equipped with the 2.0T engine, so about 93% of buyers must be okay without it. The loss of a small minority of buyers in the declining sedan segment probably isn't significant - just like the 1% of Accord buyers who chose a manual transmission. :)

Sure - some of us like a more powerful engine and manual transmission, but the vast majority of Accord buyers don't.

· Registered
3,167 Posts
The performance/enthusiast crowd ain't going to be happy about this but overall, it's a better move. I think folks will be pleasantly surprised with the hybrids but if being forced to buy one might as well get a CRV hybrid with AWD unless you want the extra mpg's which I suspect will be 5 to 10 more. The enthusiasts can still get a Civic but I suspect they'll go Hyundai.

Also, the non-hybrids look stripped so let's see the pricing but my guess is a nicely equipped Accord must now be a hybrid and cost more than something from the prior gen.

The next Camry is rumored to be all hybrid.

Now it's time to get educated about these hybrid drivetrains between manufacturers as the approaches can have significant differences in engineering and how they drive. This video is a good primer.

· 2020 CBP Touring
865 Posts
Same Greenhouse and platform, with identical wheelbase. Taurus front, 2011 Sonata rear. CVT and 204 horses? The New CRV powertrain is trash. I'm out... What a disappointing day... The Accord finally became an appliance in all trims.

RIP Accord 2022

· Administrator
2,017 Posts
If reliability was my top priority, I'd look to Mazda first then Toyota. Honda has moved some of their reliability budget to styling and technology in an effort to appeal to a broader audience.

I'm with you on Kia/Hyundai. The Telluride and Palisade make the Pilot and MDX look and feel cheap, but I still wouldn't buy one with my own money.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only about 7% of the 17,757 used Accords currently listed for sale on CarGurus.com are equipped with the 2.0T engine, so about 93% of buyers must be okay without it. The loss of a small minority of buyers in the declining sedan segment probably isn't significant - just like the 1% of Accord buyers who chose a manual transmission. :)

Sure - some of us like a more powerful engine and manual transmission, but the vast majority of Accord buyers don't.
In the Redline review, Honda reported the 2.0t made up about 20 percent of overall sales, that's pretty major to me. I'm sure that number dropped a lot in the last year with the chip shortage and what not.

Outside of the 2.0t going away, I'm still mad we still don't get a panoroof, I haven't seen anything about a 360 camera, and if you look closely the Touring model no longer has adjustable rear headrest. The LX and EX get the 7 inch screen.

Bright side? Nice to see a Sport-L trim, looks like the Sport is above the EX so it will FINALLY get a sunroof. All the models except LX/EX get the larger 12.3 inch screen, the full digital gauge cluster is standard.

I think the styling is a bit too reserved for me, too...and its LOOONG like 195.7 inches. Longer than the 8th gen (which was the biggest one length wise) and ALMOST as long as the Avalon which is 195.9 inches long.

I may like it more when I see the Sport and Sport-L trims but right now, meh.

· Registered
548 Posts
If reliability was my top priority, I'd look to Mazda first then Toyota. Honda has moved some of their reliability budget to styling and technology in an effort to appeal to a broader audience.

I'm with you on Kia/Hyundai. The Telluride and Palisade make the Pilot and MDX look and feel cheap, but I still wouldn't buy one with my own money.
I didn't know Mazda was so good on quality. But then I've only driven Honda's and Nissan's since 1991.

· Registered
39 Posts
The rear looks great, front grill is awful looks like a Ford. Where is the fast 2.0T engine and the 10 speed AT? No available AWD or eLSD options to improve its handling performance? Come on Honda you could have done better

· V6 Supremacist 😎
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,241 Posts
I don't like the newer Honda quality either and I probably would never buy a Honda made in the last 5-6 years with little exception.

But I don't think I can beat a Honda from 8-10 years ago. Which is why that's where I eventually ended up.

· Registered
548 Posts
I don't like the newer Honda quality either and I probably would never buy a Honda made in the last 5-6 years with little exception.

But I don't think I can beat a Honda from 8-10 years ago. Which is why that's where I eventually ended up.
I have a '15 EXL V6 and the quality has been pretty good overall. Not as good as my 1998 Accord in terms of leather quality and seat comfort. But then I tend to baby the car and it stays in the garage most of the time. Now has 32,000 on it.

· 2020 CBP Touring
865 Posts
Mazda has been doing really well with quality since Ford left the picture. Today's Mazda reminds me of "old school" Honda.
Mazda doesn't even make a mid-size competitor to the Accord/Camry anymore. Hard to compare.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts