Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice several upcoming auto shows across country and in Toronto where Honda is not showing the new Accord Hybrid. Upcoming Washington DC auto show in two weeks (website) does not mention a viewing of 2023 Accord. I find this extremely odd since this month redesigned Accords are supposed to arrive in dealer lots.

So now we have a new Honda hybrid that has not been test driven/reviewed by independent parties, no clarification of 0 to 60 time, and now not presented to public at upcoming auto shows. Something is seriously "off" here.

· Registered
10 Posts
I mean Honda really doesn’t do auto show events like that anymore but if I’m not mistaken the new Accord was at LA but there was no press event for it. I’m in the DC area for work so I’ll be at the show on the 28th. Dealerships are supposed to get new Accords in the next week or two and the show doesn’t start til the 20th, if the local dealership is running the show and not Honda themselves perhaps the new Accord will be there since the cars will likely be on sale by the 20th if not they will be at local dealerships in a week or two. Dealers already have vins and allocations

· Registered
130 Posts
I notice several upcoming auto shows across country and in Toronto where Honda is not showing the new Accord Hybrid. Upcoming Washington DC auto show in two weeks (website) does not mention a viewing of 2023 Accord. I find this extremely odd since this month redesigned Accords are supposed to arrive in dealer lots.

So now we have a new Honda hybrid that has not been test driven/reviewed by independent parties, no clarification of 0 to 60 time, and now not presented to public at upcoming auto shows. Something is seriously "off" here.
People sometimes see what they want to see-in this case that something is “off.”

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean Honda really doesn’t do auto show events like that anymore but if I’m not mistaken the new Accord was at LA but there was no press event for it. I’m in the DC area for work so I’ll be at the show on the 28th. Dealerships are supposed to get new Accords in the next week or two and the show doesn’t start til the 20th, if the local dealership is running the show and not Honda themselves perhaps the new Accord will be there since the cars will likely be on sale by the 20th if not they will be at local dealerships in a week or two. Dealers already have vins and allocations
I wasn't aware Honda bowed out of Auto shows? Odd. When you bring up DC January auto show (website) it only shows two Honda's on display. Ugly SUV's. That's really sad. Compare to Toyota whose coming out with new Prius Hybrid/Prime plug-in, and will have on display at DC Auto show. And I don't see the new Accord on viewing list for upcoming February Toronto Auto show. Boy Honda must save a ton of money with non-existent PR and advertising departments.

Maybe as you say there could be last minute addition but just doing last year's LA auto show is bare bones. So much for "drum roll and excitement" from Honda for a new Accord that comes out (in dealerships) in next 14 days.

· Registered
10 Posts
I wasn't aware Honda bowed out of Auto shows? Odd. When you bring up DC January auto show (website) it only shows two Honda's on display. Ugly SUV's. That's really sad. Compare to Toyota whose coming out with new Prius Hybrid/Prime plug-in, and will have on display at DC Auto show. And I don't see the new Accord on viewing list for upcoming February Toronto Auto show. Boy Honda must save a ton of money with non-existent PR and advertising departments.

Maybe as you say there could be last minute addition but just doing last year's LA auto show is bare bones. So much for "drum roll and excitement" from Honda for a new Accord that comes on in next 14 days.
Honda does press events outside of the major auto shows but will place cars on the display floors to save money.

The new Pilot and Accord debut at a private event but were on display at the LA show.

In Feb the new Accord will be at Chicago.

if Honda is at any of these shows after January the new Accord will be there because most local autoshows use local dealerships for the show inventory. The DC show could miss out on the new Accord but I can bet any show that’s February and beyond you’ll see a new Accord there unless dealers have no in inventory. Most of the local autoshows use cars within a dealer association locally.

· Registered
2019 Accord 2.0 Touring
99 Posts
The dealers need plenty of time to sell off the '22 model at "enhanced" prices. My local dealer (ITP Atlanta) still has half a dozen left, your choice of white or silver. According to the Website, if you want to know the price, just "Inquire":ROFLMAO:

· Registered
222 Posts
The dealers need plenty of time to sell off the '22 model at "enhanced" prices. My local dealer (ITP Atlanta) still has half a dozen left, your choice of white or silver. According to the Website, if you want to know the price, just "Inquire":ROFLMAO:
My local dealer back home (Vic Bailey Honda in Spartanburg, SC) has 12 Accords, all of them Sport trims. I got an email saying "these are the last of the 2022s, get them while they last."

I emailed back and asked them to shoot me an email when the 2023s hit.

· Registered
2019 Accord 2.0 Touring
99 Posts
My local dealer back home (Vic Bailey Honda in Spartanburg, SC) has 12 Accords, all of them Sport trims. I got an email saying "these are the last of the 2022s, get them while they last."

Be interesting to know if the remaining dozen are 1.5 or 2.0. It's possible they don't want future customers making a direct comparison between the outgoing 2.0 and the incoming hybrid (cost, performance, etc.) In that case they'd have a hard time getting rid of the '22's at a premium price.

· Registered
27 Posts
Be interesting to know if the remaining dozen are 1.5 or 2.0. It's possible they don't want future customers making a direct comparison between the outgoing 2.0 and the incoming hybrid (cost, performance, etc.) In that case they'd have a hard time getting rid of the '22's at a premium price.
At least where I'm at, the final ones made all seem to be Sport 1.5s and Sport SE 1.5s. They're also priced 2000 below sticker no mandatory accessories so they're probably gone by now.

· Registered
19 Posts

2.0's? Dang I just bought one at Dick Brooks in Greer, the only 2.0T they had on the lot. It wasn't really the color I wanted though. I should have gone over to Spartanburg first.

· Registered
222 Posts

2.0's? Dang I just bought one at Dick Brooks in Greer, the only 2.0T they had on the lot. It wasn't really the color I wanted though. I should have gone over to Spartanburg first.
all the remaining inventory are 1.5ts. They did have at least one Sport Hybrid last week though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts