Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6
139 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and say I might have to eat my words from a previous post where I said the car was hideous. All of the pics that are now up on Honda's website make the car look MUCH better than in the early pics we had. I'm really pleased with the available options and features. My only real gripe is that the EX-L and Sport-L, which are my two preferred trims, don't come with Homelink or a wireless charger. However, both of those are available as accessories and can be added, so it's not that big of a deal. I also have concerns about the 180 watt audio system. You have to go all the way up to the Touring to get a decent audio system. If it's the same system that is in the current Accord Sport, it doesn't sound all that great. I'm definitely going to check it out when it hits the lots.

Reactions: MartyV6

· Registered
16 Posts
Kinda wondering now if the Touring is worth the extra money with the specs side by side. EX-L is $34,635 and Touring is $38,985.

For that $4,350 extra, you're getting
  • Google Built In
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Heated Outboard Rear Seats
  • Wireless Phone Charger
  • 19" Rims (I'd prefer 17")
  • Low Speed Braking Control
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Heated Side Mirrors
  • Passenger-Side Reverse Gear Tilt-Down Side Mirrors
  • 6" Heads Up Display
  • Bose Sound System
I guess they got rid of the adaptive damper system on the Touring trim.

Edit: Fixed the side mirrors, I typed the wrong thing. This link redirects to a PDF that clearly shows the trim differences https://www.hondainfocenter.com/-/m...Accord/PDFs/2023-Accord-Features-By-Trim.ashx. The side mirror differences don't show up there though but does show the difference here 2023 Accord Sedan Features & Specs -

· Registered
139 Posts
Kinda wondering now if the Touring is worth the extra money with the specs side by side. EX-L is $34,635 and Touring is $38,985.

• Google Built In
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Wireless Phone Charger
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Heated Side Mirrors
  • 6" Heads Up Display
  • Bose Sound System
I commute about 160 miles daily round-trip for work. While I like all the Touring features, I'm most likely going with the EX-L. I'll add the wireless phone charger and call it a day. The extra MPG with the EX-L's smaller wheels make it worth it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Well the HUD and ventilated seats are what's really got me sold on the Touring. I've wanted both since I first started driving and am old enough to afford it. The Bose sound system is definitely a selling point because I love listening to music while driving and it'll be nice to have a good stereo. Just feels kind of steep to pay over 4 grand for those features. I'm hoping I can find someone who will trade me the 17's for my 19's. I just need to figure out if the 17's on the LX & EX will fit. I've read about the regenerative brakes being larger on the hybrids so people seemed to have had fitment issues with different rims. Not sure how true that is though.

· 2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,613 Posts
I was just perusing the site.

As a guy who just spent lots of time poring through the Pilot site, this Accord seems cheap in comparison! Like I might as well go ahead and buy two of them!

My first impression is that I would go EXL Hybrid. I'm not seeing enough incremental features to go Touring. Google Built In? What does that get me that normal Android Auto won't cover? Yes, heated rear seats and ventilated front seats. I will have to see how those are on my Pilot when that comes. Funny that they use "wireless phone charger" as such a premium feature that only Touring has it, yet ALL of the Accords come with the full digital dash, while on the Pilot you need to go top of the line Elite to get that, otherwise you get a mixed display of 2/3 screen and 1/3 traditional dial speedometer. Personally I wouldn't pay $350 bucks to add the wireless phone charger as an option. How much you wanna bet that a bunch of EXLs coming off the line will have that added as a "PPO" to increase the MSRP and force it on buyers. Also what struck me are a some of the Pilot Elite features aren't available on even the Touring Accord, such as folding power mirrors or heated wiper zone or heated steering wheel. But all of these get a moonroof, where in the EXL Pilot you get diddley squat.

Personally I don't like the Sport trims as much as the EXL or Touring, as I don't like the Black mirrors and Black trunklid spoiler...me likes body colored things!

· 2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,613 Posts
I commute about 160 miles daily round-trip for work. While I like all the Touring features, I'm most likely going with the EX-L. I'll add the wireless phone charger and call it a day. The extra MPG with the EX-L's smaller wheels make it worth it.
AHHHHH OKAY - I was wondering whether it was a typo but I didn't understand why the EXL was showing 51 city while the others only 48. That's a big difference!

· 2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,613 Posts

• Google Built In
  • Ventilated Front Seats
  • Wireless Phone Charger
  • Rain Sensing Wipers
  • Heated Side Mirrors
  • 6" Heads Up Display
  • Bose Sound System
To me not worth it. I haven't tried out all the doodads yet, but seems like both EXL and Touring will have the same radar cruise that also includes the Low Speed Follow where you can just move along in stop and go traffic. So the only thing the Touring adds is this Braking Control which does what? If you are about to back into a brick wall or another car or something it will apply the brakes to stop you? I guess nice feature but not $4K worth it.

Also you need to scratch Heated Side Mirrors off your list....that also comes on the EXL

For those of you who said they would add the $350 wireless charger, what am I missing? Why would you do that when you could get any $10-20 15W wireless charger and just put it there on the console and plug it into one of the USB ports for power?

· Registered
16 Posts
AHHHHH OKAY - I was wondering whether it was a typo but I didn't understand why the EXL was showing 51 city while the others only 48. That's a big difference!
Yea really stupid to me that they put the 19" rims on the Touring. I want a comfortable ride with the best fuel economy I can get without having to worry about damaging my rims and tires on potholes. Frustrating that I'm going to have to try and find someone to swap rims with for that experience.

· 2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,613 Posts
Yea really stupid to me that they put the 19" rims on the Touring. I want a comfortable ride with the best fuel economy I can get without having to worry about damaging my rims and tires on potholes. Frustrating that I'm going to have to try and find someone to swap rims with for that experience.
Funny, I don't want the HUD. I'm 99% certain I'm going to turn it off on my Pilot. If I could yank it out cleanly and sell it to someone for cash I would do so (I know that's not possible).

I gotta think EXL and maybe Sport-L will be the biggest sellers. Who knows. Maybe I'm missing something why this Google Built In is a killer app that makes it worth the Touring.

· Registered
16 Posts
Funny, I don't want the HUD. I'm 99% certain I'm going to turn it off on my Pilot. If I could yank it out cleanly and sell it to someone for cash I would do so (I know that's not possible).

I gotta think EXL and maybe Sport-L will be the biggest sellers. Who knows. Maybe I'm missing something why this Google Built In is a killer app that makes it worth the Touring.
I guess everyone has their likes and dislikes. I keep a Garmin GPS on my windshield currently to keep track of my speed and tells me speed limits if it knows them. I rarely ever look down at the speedometer. It's just how I've always been with driving. It'll be nice to have the info right there on the windshield without the extra device.

I'm not even sure if I'll use the Google Assistant to be honest. It might be cool to install Android apps directly into the infotainment system and being able to say "OK Google Set Temperature to 68 degrees" but I'm not sure about paying $20+ a month for a cellular plan for my car to be able to use the voice features. Thankfully the first 3 years are included in the sticker price so I'll have plenty of time to figure out if I actually use it.

I've never had Apple Carplay but I imagine it will do most everything you need and how often will you actually need to change settings with your voice?

Editing to add this article has a good bit of info on the "Google Built In" What Android Automotive looks like on the 2023 Honda Accord [Gallery] Also looks like Honda updated their Youtube account with some videos of Google Built In

· Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
320 Posts
Honestly expecting the Hybrid models to sell like the V6/2.0t. Bulk being once again the 1.5t. Those batteries are going to be big $ come replacement time. Thousands of dollars…. That reason and more complex/expensive to work on. Just not sold on the Hybrid and I think Honda is rolling the dice hoping they got something.

· Registered
3,161 Posts
That's a lot of daily commute driving. The V6 Accord is great for that especially if it's highway driving. Very easy car to maintain speed with loved how when you set cruise control, it isn't lazy like other cars. Best was how it ate hills and effortless passing. I enjoyed the drives when I had to pick up the kids from college.

· Registered
139 Posts
That's a lot of daily commute driving. The V6 Accord is great for that especially if it's highway driving. Very easy car to maintain speed with loved how when you set cruise control, it isn't lazy like other cars. Best was how it ate hills and effortless passing. I enjoyed the drives when I had to pick up the kids from college.
Yes, it is a great car for commuting! I get good gas mileage (usually 32-33 MPG) and it's comfortable. I just know it won't last forever and I honestly don't want to spend the money again for the timing belt, water pump, tires, brakes, etc. I'm hoping to at least be able to look at some 2023 Accords before I hit 200,000 miles later this year.

· Registered
3,161 Posts
Yes, it is a great car for commuting! I get good gas mileage (usually 32-33 MPG) and it's comfortable. I just know it won't last forever and I honestly don't want to spend the money again for the timing belt, water pump, tires, brakes, etc. I'm hoping to at least be able to look at some 2023 Accords before I hit 200,000 miles later this year.
I think the future is bright with Hybrids but nothing will top the overall ownership experience of the 9th gen V6. It's a car that will always be at the top of list for stuff I've owned.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Bet my paycheck the best seller will be the Sport. It’s the sweet spot for a lot of buyers and it’s currently the best seller among all engine options. 1.5t, Hybrid and 2.0t. The Sport has a sunroof now too. Ex will probably be the best seller among 1.5t models too

· Registered
2007 Honda Accord 2.4 EX-L
227 Posts
Bet my paycheck the best seller will be the Sport. It’s the sweet spot for a lot of buyers and it’s currently the best seller among all engine options. 1.5t, Hybrid and 2.0t. The Sport has a sunroof now too. Ex will probably be the best seller among 1.5t models too
Some of the best looking wheels of the entire lineup, too!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts