Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this 3rd generation 1986 Honda Accord parked at my work today. It has flip up lights! Thought it was a rare find seeing that I don't see many generations out on the road earlier than the 5th gens, theirs still plenty of those driving around. Looks like this one has seen its days, but at 25 years old and still running, that sounds like a Honda to me.

Does anyone own any accords on DA 1st to 4th generations? Post up! We get so involved in the new technology that we seem to forget where our cars we have today (the 6th, 7th and 8th gens) evolved from.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
See my sig. I skipped a couple of gens tho.
My 87 was the most reliable car I ever owned (17 years) Sold it in 2005 with 150k miles on it and that owner said it was still on the road last year. It was even stolen and recovered with minimal damage. Insurance paid for complete cleanup and detail so it looked like new when I got it back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My mom used to have one of those, same color too. I think ours was an '89.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
25 years gets you the ability to get 'Antique' status in Indiana and a nice license plate to boot. I'd thoroughly enjoy seeing a Honda w/ such plates--ahead of it's time, for sure.

·
Super Moderator
5,664 Posts
i see a few 1st gen accords out here from time to time. don't really see any 2nd or 3rd gens though, lol.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,440 Posts
my 4th gne that i sold to my mom's single mother friend in need is still going strong.... don't know how many miles are on her at this point, but i know that her commute (one way, mind you) is at least 50 miles...

if it weren't for all the little things that were creeping up towards the end, i would still be driving her today.... i offered her 2 years ago for a straight trade of my 99 coupe for the 93.... :deal: :nuts:

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
i have an 86 hatchie, silver, 5spd. love it.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts

Somewhere along the line, Honda forgot that a hatchback is also about styling, and not just functionality.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
lol

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts

Somewhere along the line, Honda forgot that a hatchback is also about styling, and not just functionality.

2012 Honda Corvete? :paranoid:

I knew GM was in trouble, but damn!

My 1985 Accord LX-HB was one of if not the best car I have ever owned. Nice body style and trouble free.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
2012 Honda Corvete? :paranoid:

I knew GM was in trouble, but damn!

My 1985 Accord LX-HB was one of if not the best car I have ever owned. Nice body style and trouble free.
I knew something was funky about that link. It showed up with the Corvette, and now it show up with the Accord (again).

Well, you guys know what I meant.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
I knew something was funky about that link. It showed up with the Corvette, and now it show up with the Accord (again).

Well, you guys know what I meant.

We knew exactly what you meant.

Lord knows there are quite a few smart asses on here. :thumbsup::yes::wave::thmsup::lmao:

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,440 Posts
and i'm seeing the vette

·
Registered
45 Posts
my dad still drives around in his 1988 Accord LXi.....it was first my moms, then my dads, then mine, then my brothers, and then back to my dad!! we have all loved that car so much that we all have a honda product right now...i just got a 2011 Accord Coupe LX-S, mom has a 2007 Pilot, brother has either a 1995 or 1996 Accord Coupe EX....we all love our hondas!!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I still still see a few 3rd gens around here in Orlando, especially the LX-i models with fuel injection, but not nearly as many as I do 4th gens. The 3rd gen population seemed to have dropped off much sooner.

My old 1981 Civic wagon is still on the road...with about 140k miles on it now. The carburetor needed to be rebuilt on it a couple of years ago, but that has been the only major repair done to it since I bought it back in 2004 with 59k original miles.

I also had an 83 Accord SE that was still running strong in 05 with 180k miles...but I'm not quite sure what happened to that car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts