Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car passed the 30,000 mark and currently in 31 ish. I want to know what are the things that need to be changed or serviced.

I'm think:
-power steering fluid
-brake fluid
-transmission fluid
Did I miss anything?

I'm also going to change my front brake pads. Oh, I'm also going to squeeze a couple thousand more miles and change my tires (I'm thinking Serenity because I like quiet smooth ride, any suggestion?)

Thank you very much! Y'all have helped me a lot with my car. :D

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,733 Posts
Definitely brake and transmission fluids.

Has the cabin and engine filter been changed yet?

That's pretty much it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the cabin filter by myself!! hehe... save me a fortune..

Oh ya the engine filter! Check!

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Power steering and brake should be fine, check at 50k and it still should be ok.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Power steering and brake should be fine, check at 50k and it still should be ok.
Brake fluid should be changed based on time and not mileage unless it is visibly dirty. It absorbs water over time and should be flushed at least every 3 years. Just because it looks clean doesn't mean it's functioning properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
30K service is usually lof,air filter,cabin filter,the trans fluid,and the brakes should be cleaned and adjusted,rotate and balance and tires.

brake fluid is 3yrs/45k,power steering is the same.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi,

My car passed the 30,000 mark and currently in 31 ish. I want to know what are the things that need to be changed or serviced.

I'm think:
-power steering fluid
-brake fluid
-transmission fluid
Did I miss anything?

I'm also going to change my front brake pads. Oh, I'm also going to squeeze a couple thousand more miles and change my tires (I'm thinking Serenity because I like quiet smooth ride, any suggestion?)

Thank you very much! Y'all have helped me a lot with my car. :D
What all does the owner's manual recommend?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Are you guys saying do checks of the fluids or drain and fill..... do u really need to do brake n trans fluid replacements at only 30k?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Are you guys saying do checks of the fluids or drain and fill..... do u really need to do brake n trans fluid replacements at only 30k?
Mileage doesn't matter when it comes to brake fluid. You should replace all of it in the system at least every three years. It absorbs water over time, not mileage. Your brakes won't just stop working if you don't but you will have reduced performance and higher risk of having them fail in an emergency.

Honda autos don't have a great track record when mated to the V6. It's not nearly as bad with the four cylinder. A lot of people recommend doing 3x drain and fills every 30k on the V6 just to be on the safe side. $75 in fluid every 30k is much cheaper than a rebuilt trans. I'm doing 1x drain and fill every other oil change, which is about 14k for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts