Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently hit 30k in my 2008 and the dealer is charging $450 for the service...

From my understanding it is oil, oil filter, overall inspection of the car, air filter, cabin filter and rotate tires.

I'll pay it if I have to but the price seems a bit ridiculous for what it is... I am gonna pay the car off soon and drive a while w/ $0 car payment, so I wanna take care of it right.

I don't even do my own oil changes, so doing it myself is somewhat not what I want to do.

·
Registered
968 Posts
ya that seams to be a bit high. I think I only paid like 240 total for all that.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Jiffylube should be able to take care of your oil change, air filter, cabin filter and etc. That's about $100. That's all I would pay for if you don't want to DIY.

You know if your car. You can check if your lights work, wipers work, and etc. And how it drives.

Brakes? If they are not making any sounds, they should be fine. Brake work is not covered in the 30K service. You'll most likely need brakes soon.

Tires? No need to rotate them as you'll most likely need tires soon too. Many tire shops offer lifetime rotation service for free. Just let those puppies wear however they will wear out.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Price it around. I wouldn't trust Jiffy Lube to change a light bulb.

I believe they do a trans drain and fill, also, at 30K.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Price it around. I wouldn't trust Jiffy Lube to change a light bulb.
Agreed..

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=764452&postcount=9

I believe they do a trans drain and fill, also, at 30K.
yep, drain 3 qts and put 3 qts back in.... honestly, should be done 3x in a row (20-25 miles in between each drain/fill) @ about 36k miles -- if it was my car... of course, the stealer will charge you 3x the drain/fill cost.

Or one can simply do a normal drain/fill at 10-12k miles and prevent the need to do the 3x routine later down the road. my 2 cents.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
I had oil change, tranny fluid drain and refill (1x) for $85 or so at 30k. I did the engine filter and cabin filter change myself. There's really nothing else you need to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just did the same thing at 30K as next_milenium. No need to do the full B12 service or whatever they ask for.

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
You dont need any of that unless you need an oil change. The cabin filter alone is a 90$ price tag for a 2 minute job, do your math from there

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You dont need any of that unless you need an oil change. The cabin filter alone is a 90$ price tag for a 2 minute job, do your math from there
Guidance above sounds OK to this sailor: oil/filter:dealer under $40 max; cabin air DIY (piece of cake: see the DA guidance.....maybe $15 at AZ; dealer should replace engine air filter for free if you buy it there ($30). Rotation at a tire place looking for new business could be free. Under $100 (Not even close to $400+)

ez

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rotation at a tire place looking for new business could be free. Under $100 (Not even close to $400+)

ez
If you go for service outside of the dealer, make sure they've got the torque specs for your lug nuts. My local shop usually does a nice job, but the last time they went to town with the torque wrench.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
$35.00 for Mobil 1 + Oil Filter, $14.99 for Cabin Filter, $14.99 for Air Filter, Tire Rotation Free, Akebono Pads all around $100, Labor Free (me). Tranny Flush this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts