Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit 335,000 miles a couple days ago and I figured I'd post an update on my car I lowered it about 3 months ago and I can't get over how much I love it. I made a trip shortly after lowering it and I got 38 mpg on the interstate. This car is definitely capable of lasting a long time. I have a 2004 4cyl auto btw.

Attachments

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
I like moody photographs at night, under street lamps.

How long have you had your car?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dad bought it brand new in 04 it had 125 miles on it from them picking us up in it and bringing us to the dealer and he gave it to me 5 years ago with 240000 miles on it

He now has another 04 white accord that he got when he gave me that one. His had 80000 on it and now it had 260000

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Excellent story, this is why I got an Accord!

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Very nice ride. I've got basically the same car in silver, at 163K.

Please tell us of the maintenance you and your dad have performed. Oil change habits, transmission drains, etc. Also, what major work have you had done on it? Is it original drive-train, alternator, AC compressor, etc?

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
829 Posts
Congrats, I'd love to know what items were replaced as well. I'd be very amazed if thats the original trans =)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We replaced the trans at 260000 since then smooth riding and we do oil between 3 and 5 thousand miles (do it ourselves) and I've done motor mount in the front, one CV shaft, was on original suspension until 20000 miles ago and a high output alternator. There's been more that I can't remember at the moment but I recently put pirelli p7 tires on it and I love them they ride incredible

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
:thmsup: :thmsup: nice.

·
Registered
222 Posts
:thmsup:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I sure do love seeing these high mileage Accords! I'm hoping to keep mine for a solid 10 years. :wave:

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Having a 6-6 and the last year of the 8th Gen...let's say you drive 20k miles/year...that's only 200k miles...you'll definitely reach that bud! :yes:

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
transmission replaced at 260k?

Ouchh, thought the i4s were bulletproof
Any transmission will fail if you run it dry....

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=818294

my car has 273,500 miles so i was driving i heard a loud noise and my malufuction indicator lamp came on and the drive thing started flashing and it wouldnt shif out of second gear. i pulled over into a parking lot and turned it off and called my dad he told me to drive it home and park it. i got home he looked at it and checked the trans fluid... it was bone dry!!! i never thought to check it and neither did he and we filled it and it still does nothing. it wont go in reverse and it has a lot of trouble shifting through gears its basically stuck in 2nd or 3rd the whole time

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
The plot thickens.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a clean looking Cord with so many miles. I hope to get there someday! Quick question.... size of wheels and what you used to achieve the drop. Looking to drop my 03 and like the amount you have there! Keep her going!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts