Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my car tinted Friday and have the option between Suntek "Hybrid" film and 3M carbon based color stable film. It's $150 more for the 3M. The shop says the 3M won't cause any interference and tends to have a blacker tint to it but they've never had anyone not satisfied with the Suntek. Does anyone have any experience on this subject and care to share some advice? 99% sure I'm going 35%.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I got the 3M color guard and its great.. love the look! :)
Depends how long you want to keep the car for. Suntek I heard might fade a bit after 5-7 years? But at that the car is old and a little fade is not going to matter.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just got my tint re-done with suntek carbon film. It has a lifetime warranty against any film failure (fading, cracking, peeling, etc). The shop also had the 3M carbon film which was more expensive but covered anything (including if your window was broken and needed to be re-tinted). The installer said that the suntek carbon was their best seller and I went with that because it was a little cheaper and the only difference between the two was the warranty. The suntek carbon does not interfere with any radio/gps signal.

I think either one would be fine. However, Im not sure what the difference between the "hybrid" film your talking about and the "carbon" film I got is.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Suntek hybrid is half metallic half i'm not sure. I'm thinking it's good enough for me...although I sure will be pissed if my reception is more than just a little worse.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
a good site to reference...considering it's mainly pro-tinters/shops bantering about new product/techniques/etc

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php

Pinnacle One is usually considered top notch/premium tint... they happen to be the same company (owned by) those who make/produce Llumar film.

Suntek is no slouch either... the Carbon and CarbonXP films are receiving good praise from those in the 'know'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts