Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. i got a 05 accord, but REALLY REALLY want a Crosstour. my big question is is the 4 cyl enough power to still get good... well what i conciser good mpg of at least 20 mpg?

i know i cant afford a new one, but how old do i have to wait till they are in the $10,00 range? its only what a 4 year old model?

i envy everyone of you guys. you have what i dream of owning. one day i'll join the brotherhood. looking forward to that day.

enjoy the ride guys.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I can't answer your question but I'd go for the 4 cyl too. I guess if you've got money to burn the 6 would be a better option but I value fuel efficiency over power these days, nothing to even think about to me - 4 cyl all the way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'll throw in my $0.02. I think the CT 4cylinder would easily get 20mpg or better and here's why: with over 1,000lbs of trailer and furniture behind my sedan I still averaged 18-24mpg (one tank was 24, next was 18, third was 20, and so on and on). When driven properly these cars are extremely efficient! My best tank ever was just shy of 38mpg. My overall average is right around 30mpg (55/45 city/hwy). I don't know how the CT is rated by the EPA, but I think 20mpg would be achieved without issue.

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work at the buffalo airport and see very few NON 4WD versions of the crosstour. most seem to be 4WD 6 cyl. i have no use for a 6 cyl and defiantly don't need 4WD.

I'm underwater for bout the next 2 years. that's saying it doesn't get any body issues, or mechanical issues. oh well i got a nice car that i love. just wish it were a 08 or newer.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
A 4 cyl Crosstour will likely get you the same mileage you get from your 05, or slightly better.
They have enough power. Around $ 15,000 is the cheapest I've seen any yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts