Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was working with my car, nothing special, and I needed to get in the back door. Touching the handle to get the door open waiting for the beep (face-forehead-D'oh) then reach over and touch my driver door handle to get it unlocked. I then thought to myself, Lexus has 4-door smart entry, I wonder if I bought a driver and passenger door handle with smart access and put them on my back doors, wired them up to the front door handles (kind of like making a custom jumper wire that will allow the other handle without splicing OEM wires) and see if that will work? What do you all think? I know that if they don't FIT in the door handle slot then no, but if it does then that would be super cool I think! Not to be lazy, but when you have your hands full and can't get to the fob then the smart access there would be perfect. I think getting a salvaged part and test fitting it to see if it would fit would be an idea. I just wanted to get your opinions on it.

See in the photo that front and back door have smart access...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just simply touch the inside of the handle on one of the front doors then immediately grab the back door and open it.....only takes a second longer and doesn't cost anything. I have it set to open all doors.
I know and that is the way that I have it set as well... but I'm suggesting hands full and tugging on a locked door handle and dropping everything because it is locked. I know the obvious "don't have your hands too full" but it is still nice to have. In looking at prices of the door handles $25 is not too much to invest in an upgrade like this, if it works and the test handle is in good condition then you can keep that, get another, and get the socket for the inside of the drivers and passenger doors create a jumper and obviously I'll have tested the fit before getting this far... then I'll have 4 door smart access. One thing that (if any others want to try this) is that it will still "act" as the driver or passenger door, which means that the specific back door will not unlock, so all doors MUST be set on "unlock all doors".

I think I am going to try this, I'll have to wait for a month or so, I'm going out of town for 2 weeks and won't be back till then end of September, I'll get the handle and test it out. MAYBE if I can find a salvaged 2013 with the handles, I can test it on the car there at the yard vs on my own...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know and that is the way that I have it set as well... but I'm suggesting hands full and tugging on a locked door handle and dropping everything because it is locked. I know the obvious "don't have your hands too full" but it is still nice to have. In looking at prices of the door handles $25 is not too much to invest in an upgrade like this, if it works and the test handle is in good condition then you can keep that, get another, and get the socket for the inside of the drivers and passenger doors create a jumper and obviously I'll have tested the fit before getting this far... then I'll have 4 door smart access. One thing that (if any others want to try this) is that it will still "act" as the driver or passenger door, which means that the specific back door will not unlock, so all doors MUST be set on "unlock all doors".

I think I am going to try this, I'll have to wait for a month or so, I'm going out of town for 2 weeks and won't be back till then end of September, I'll get the handle and test it out. MAYBE if I can find a salvaged 2013 with the handles, I can test it on the car there at the yard vs on my own...
Would be awesome if you got it working. When I switch back from driving my C350 I forget that the accord only has the front sensors and have :face palm: moment as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.