Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I LOVE ACCORDS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys so I live in southern California and I been debating to get my windows tinted for a while. The place I want to go offers 55%, 45%, 35%, 18%, 5%, (SunTek CXP). I have a WOP Sport, so having the black interior I been debating between 45 & 35 only. I always see and know everyone getting 35 or lower but not much on the 45%. I don't wanted get hassled by the cops but it's way to dam hot and don't mind breaking this law for some relief from the sun. Also I don't like the staggered look of different tint so if I do decide on a percentage it will be all the same on all windows. I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice between the 45 & 35% only? I will really appreciate if anyone has pics of cars with 45%. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I personally think a lighter tint gives a classier look. They're really strict in my area with the tint laws. We're only allowed 50% on the front side windows i had 35% and had to remove it. Don't know how strict they are in your area. Im with you on all windows having the same tint. It doesn't look as good if they're staggered.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Actually the darkness of the tint has nothing to do with the heat rejection.. I have 35 and 18 on my WOP coupe, I like it. You need to be aware that the SunTek film leaves a green/brownish hue when looking out of your window.. other films are a warm blue etc.. test fit the film first to see if you like how it looks when you look out of the window..
Just find one with the heat rejection you want, normally their premium or whatever they call it will the best heat rejection rating.. I live in Texas so I know a little about the heat and my premium SunTek works great... the sun through the windshield will make my skin hot, but I can't even feel it through the tinted windows.. and the car gets much cooler with the ac blowing..

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'm legal at 35% all around on a MSM sedan with a black interior. The 35% will allow those outside to see an outline of those in the vehicle. They are not clearly identifiable. The third brake light is clearly visible with the 35% tint covering it. Your black interior also tends to darken things up a bit on the inside. As someone stated it really is a classy look. Never been a fan of the dark limo tint, but to each his own. Also, keep in mind what's legal for your area. No sense in drawing the added attention of law enforcement. I've heard those citations and or new tint jobs can get pretty expensive.

Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Series is a good one to check out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with you on the staggering of tint but must say that imo 45% tint is useless. I have 35% and I feel that is useless as well. I would go 20% minimum, but that's just me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree with you on the staggering of tint but must say that imo 45% tint is useless. I have 35% and I feel that is useless as well. I would go 20% minimum, but that's just me.
I have mine staggered and you really can't tell because the coupe windows are so small, and when you go to the rear you have nothing to directly compare it to.. a sedan would be different tho, I probably wouldn't stagger a sedan.. too much noticeable contrast.

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
I have to agree with that don't think 45 would help at all, I have the same setup on mine expect for my rear window is 20% going to get in darkened very soon to 5%.

Here is mine.

Attachments

·
I LOVE ACCORDS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, much appreciated your guys input. I have two weeks till I go on vacation and decide to get my windows done. Living in San Bernardino county it seems everyone has there front windows tinted but once a week I go to L.A. to see my parents. I know CHP and LAPD can get a little tuff on the tint.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you simply want the benefits of less heat but don't want it to be dark get 3m crystalline. It's not cheap. Also interior color matters. If you have black interior as opposed to say ivory or tan it will look darker from the outside. You live in so cal bro keep the windows down. When it rains they will be up but no cop is gonna pull you over strickly for tint and risk getting soaked. I live in the Bay Area and I'm going to get 20% all the way around. If you do get a ticket just pay it its a couple hundred bucks. And remeber any tint on the front windows is illegal in California. Get the % you want a deal with th bs if when it comes up. http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/662303O/3mtm-crystalline-automotive-window-films-brochure.pdf

·
Registered
652 Posts
I actually think the 45 will give you a nice look plus the black interior will make it appear a tad darker. I see you work for UPS i work for your competitor.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
I LOVE ACCORDS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question, you got 35% but when u say that do you mean that you went to the tint shop and choose 35% tint or did u get something lighter so once installed it equaled to 35%? I ask because I notice cars now a days have some kind of factory tint and putting 35% tint on those windows will make it even a darker percentage once it is installed. Hope you understand my question. Thanks

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
If you don't like the staggered look consider 35% on the two side windows and 18" on the rear window. That way when you look at the car from the side they match each other (both 35%)... when you look from the back you only see 18%.

I did that on my last two sedans, my coupe I did a staggered look because of the little window.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I personally think a lighter tint gives a classier look. They're really strict in my area with the tint laws. We're only allowed 50% on the front side windows i had 35% and had to remove it. Don't know how strict they are in your area. Im with you on all windows having the same tint. It doesn't look as good if they're staggered.
Your only allowed 50%? That is hardly any tint at all.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Your only allowed 50%? That is hardly any tint at all.
Yes 50% on the front side window's but there's no limit on tint for the back seat side window's or the rear window. There's a lot of vehicles running around my area with the staggered tint which doesn't appeal to me I'd rather have none at all. Each time you get pulled over for tint the fine increases till you remove it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Question, you got 35% but when u say that do you mean that you went to the tint shop and choose 35% tint or did u get something lighter so once installed it equaled to 35%? I ask because I notice cars now a days have some kind of factory tint and putting 35% tint on those windows will make it even a darker percentage once it is installed. Hope you understand my question. Thanks
I chose 35% at the tint shop. That's the legal limit in my area. IMO, the factory tint did not make much of a difference. A pic is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have Crystalline 60 on mine

I do think the tint darkness is independent of the heat rejection. I think a lighter tint from the CXP line would do better in rejecting heat than a darker tint in the Carbon line.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts