Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading and researching on this excellent forum I have decided to go with DDM Tuning since it seems to be the best bang for the buck combination.

For those who have it installed and those who plan to get it, my question is regarding the type to get: 45000k vs 5000k. What is the best one to choose?

Just to let you guys know, I would prefer a slight bluish hue to it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Cars with factory equipped HIDs are 4300k, but if you want a slightly bluer color, you should go with at least the 5000k.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have 5000K and for next round, I will be going with 4300K-4500K.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think 4.5 or 5K and 6K are the best options. I would go with 5K because its the most "white"

·
Chris
23 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
i vote 5k. it is to be pure white.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
With DDM ballasts, 5000K bulbs are a tad bluish. With Zenex ballasts, 5000K bulbs are more white and better output.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There is a study that was referenced by the NHSTA that shows that "white" headlights with a lower Kelvin value penetrate further, create less glare and offer better object recognition when compared to whiter/bluer lights. Sorry, but I don't have a reference to that study at this time. Data that draws a similar conclusion can be found on the Daniel Stern Lighting site.

In short,the more blue produced by the light the more glare it produces. This can be easily verified by observing HID retrofits driving around town.

If you want white or blue/white lights and don't care how much glare you produce get 5000K or higher.

If you want better functioning headlights with less glare then get 4300K.

·
Registered
175 Posts
With DDM ballasts, 5000K bulbs are a tad bluish. With Zenex ballasts, 5000K bulbs are more white and better output.
Easy to use Zenex ballasts with DDM kit?
i agree with the zenex ballasts, the 5000K bulbs are white when fully heated. I can't speak for the quality of DDM bulbs, but I have the morimoto h11b. i have pictures and a video of the color. Link in my signature.

Overall, i think you should go with the 5000K if you have the LED DRL. i think they match very nicely.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Just to give you a headsup, DDM tuning 5k has a lot of blue in it. I hate my kit
Yeap, that is why I got Zenex ballasts instead. Also Zenex ballasts warm up much faster than DDM tuning ballasts.

That is why I usually advise to get DDM bulbs(they are good and cheap) and Zenex ballasts from Amazon.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have the DDM 6000 kit. It is a touch too blue, but not horrible. I may switch to 5000

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,369 Posts
To the OP, if you want a slightly bluish hue, you should go with the 5000k-6000k range.
Overall road visibility decreases for sure as you increase the kelvins.
However, in my eye's experience, the slight blueish hue makes the white lines on the road pop out with more contrast and the reflection off of transportation signage also pops out with more contrast. I find that 5000k is a good medium ground for my personal liking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i got 5k morimoto 35 watts.. cold start has a small tint of blue, but after 2 mins of heating up its PURE WHITE. cant beat the quality of morimoto.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts