Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just last night they were fine , today if i try to roll the windows down (passenger and both rears they just click, right after i was outside and it rained hard i tried so i have a feeling moisture plays a role, anyone have ideas? Driver side works fine , and i can do nothing right now cause its pouring rain

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
1) You live in Florida- I thought you guys just keep the A/C on all the time?
2) By "roll down" you mean lower, correct? You DO have power windows?
3) Have you tried removing the driver's switch part, drying/cleaning it with electronic contact cleaner, and trying again?
4) Can you lower/raise the windows by using the rear switches, or is this problem just from the driver's command switch plate?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes power, yes i meant lower, when i try to lower them down from the drivers side all 3 click, but when i try and lower them from passenger side or the rear ones, none of them click they do nothing

I tried resetti already tried unplugging battery to see if that helps but didnt

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
I'll put money down that the driver's "window lock" switch is either in the locked position or if it is in the unlocked position (allowing other occupants to raise/lower their own windows) then it is wet.

I cleaned mine when I removed the door panel (takes three phillips screws and some pop in/pop out plastic pieces. Takes two minutes....If you do remove the panel, make sure you use cheap nylon pry tools- NOT a screwdriver.

Some here have been able to pop the driver's command switchplate without removing the panel....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No its not in the lock position and it does work, when the switch is in locked position it does not click ehen in the unlocked position it clicks

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Dirty/wet switch....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i will see once it stops f**** raining

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
lol, Ethanol attracts water!:paranoid:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Onlyyyyy you would think of that hahahahaha

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its all clear guys, it was just moisture, windows are back in working order. :) thanks

All windows stopped working but drivers side?

Lately its been problems after problems, ok............ Driver side window works perfect, but all other 3. Dont work at all, if i try to roll them down from the driver main switch, they click but if i try and roll them down from the actual window, it doesent even click, they all went out at the same time..... Window main switch? This happened to me a couple days ago then corrected itself and started working, last jight they gave out for good....... Heres a video

Main window switch for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts