Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,029 Posts

· Registered
1,029 Posts
I installed TSX-R clear lenses into my TL projectors and sent them off to someone to have custom cutoff shields made. Huge improvement from the fuzzy cutoff they had! If anyone wants to do the same, you can contact Spencer at the hidplanet.com forums. His username over there is "greenkouki" and his service was top-notch.

I just need to need to work out a few more details and hopefully be able to wrap up this retrofit in the next couple weeks. Here are a couple pics of the modified projectors' output:
That looks pretty awesome! :thumbsup:
Yeah greenkouki is pretty good at custom shields.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
do you see a faint strip of light just above the left part of the cutoff, left of the left slope? it's a right projector's cut off line.
you need to raise your driver light or lower the passenger one (depend on which one is out of alignment) a bit to match that faint line with cutoff line from the left light. you'll get a sharper cut off and more light on the road.
Yeah it looks like you need to raise your driver side or you might have a slight rotation issue.

LightWerkz was able to use the stock rubber cap on my retro

But the caps don't look like a bad idea.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
I just went through all 17 pages of this thread and hopefully have a full understanding now.
For the simplest method of retrofitting HID projectors on my 2014 Accord EX-L V6:
1. Order the Retro-Quik: 13+ Honda Accord kit from theretrofitsource.com
I already ordered a DDM Tuning 6000k HID conversion kit, so based on the thread, I only need the Low Beam: Acura 4G TL projectors. It is highly recommended to purchase re-sealing glue just to be safe.
2. The Retro-Quick is a direct bolt-on. No cutting, baking, or modifications needed. This seems a bit confusing based on responses where the reflectors don't always line up perfectly.
3. This has been rated 8 out of 10 for difficulty. To me that is very high and conflicts with "direct bolt-on" in some ways. I say that because I understand aftermarket exhausts can be direct bolt-on but that doesn't mean it can be done in 30 minutes or less.

If I am correct, I will avoid buying replacement OEM headlights as backup (this is just making the cost of upgrading factory halogens excessive).

Is it possible a moderator could summarize this information and create a sticky? I did my homework and read all of this thread and several others, but having several conversations of various methods still doesn't make it easy when people are asking for the easiest method for retrofit upgrades.
You still have bake open the headlights to get the HID projectors in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.