Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Stock Pssh...Yeah right!
347 Posts
I also sub'd..thank you for doing this...add a before and after (on table) so members can see the difference between what a real retro-fit and OEM halogen projectors look like. That glare is hideous on the oem...shhhhhhiet man!

347 Posts
seriously thinking of switching my projectors. I'm more interested in doing the color shift mod. because I've seen a TSX with this mod and it looks freaking beautiful. I found this video, but OP do the TL projectors look anything like the TSX projectors. Can you post pics of your actual TL projectors? Thanks!

347 Posts
I installed TSX-R clear lenses into my TL projectors and sent them off to someone to have custom cutoff shields made. Huge improvement from the fuzzy cutoff they had! If anyone wants to do the same, you can contact Spencer at the hidplanet.com forums. His username over there is "greenkouki" and his service was top-notch.

I just need to need to work out a few more details and hopefully be able to wrap up this retrofit in the next couple weeks. Here are a couple pics of the modified projectors' output:

Gearhead....i know the "13" kit is about 300.00. do you have a link for the tsxr reflectors? And confirm you added the clear lense then shipped them to "greenkouki" wouldn't TRS do this for you?

347 Posts
Everything covertash said. Plus I bought my projectors from ebay, not from TRS. And fyi, you can buy just the projectors from TRS for $175 if you don't want to use their bulbs/ballasts. The lenses just snap in so they're pretty easy to replace yourself but I'm sure both TRS or "greenkouki" would install them for you too. Also, if you buy the TSX-R lenses from TRS, don't waste your money on the $5 lens spacing kit because it won't work with these projectors anyway.

What bulbs/ballast did you end up going with? i have the DDM tuning H11 (4300k) kit just sitting (was going to just install in halogen, but want to do it the right way)..will that be sufficient? I just want a clean clear color shift mod.

Thanks!

347 Posts
You would need d2s bulbs and these connectors to connect to the to projector

Edit* unless ddm makes d2s bulbs that are already wired with their connectors (disadvantage of that is you're stuck with their bulbs and can't use oem stuff).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

So confirm the ddm kit H11 ballast should fire up the D2S bulbs just fine & Confirm DDM sells these cables? Thxs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.